Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Act 1, Scene 1
1. How does the play open?
2. For whom is the larger of the two chairs?
3. What species of bird is in the birdcage?
4. Who is cooing and talking to the birds, trying to engage them to interact with him?
5. Who enters the courtyard through an iron gate and moves quietly toward the man and watches him with mild amusement?
6. How does this observer address the man who is cooing at the birds?
7. How does the man react at having been discovered cooing to the caged birds?
8. Who was Saint Francis?
9. What does the first man do in an attempt to fend off his feelings about being caught?
This section contains 1,904 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)