|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the poem lead?
(a) An awkward moment.
(b) A kiss shared between the couple.
(c) Miss Alice begging Julian to marry her.
(d) Their conversation of early erotic musings and mental imagery of sex play.
2. What does Julian believe about his faith and his sanity?
(a) They are weak.
(b) They are strong.
(c) They are one in the same.
(d) They are two separate entities.
3. Why is Julian confused about Miss Alice's deafness, withered face, and gray and white matted hair?
(a) He is surprised she has no nurse to assist her.
(b) He was told by the Cardinal that the woman was neither ill nor old.
(c) He wonders why she is not in a facility for the elderly.
(d) He did not realize how sorry he would feel for her.
4. What does the lawyer hiss at her?
(a) To leave him alone.
(b) To go after her precious Julian.
(c) To watch her step.
(d) He wants her.
5. Why does the lawyer initiate a discussion of his animosity for the Cardinal?
(a) He is bored by Julian's responses.
(b) He cannot contain his hatred.
(c) He is satisfied with Julian's information.
(d) He knows Julian is friends with the Cardinal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julian say when Miss Alice invites him to talk about himself?
2. To what are the second man's words compared?
3. What does Miss Alice ask Julian to do?
4. What does Julian beg of Miss Alice?
5. Why does Miss Alice play this game?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)