|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Julian says "It is God the mover, not God ______________."
(a) The frozen.
(b) The shaker.
(c) The puppet.
(d) The maker.
2. What does Julian ask Miss Alice?
(a) If she would like to have some wine.
(b) How there could be flames in both the model of the chapel and the real chapel.
(c) Where the lawyer ran off to.
(d) If she is alright.
3. How does the man react at having been discovered cooing to the caged birds?
(c) Not surprised.
(d) Flustered and a bit embarrassed.
4. Where is the scene set?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) The library of the mansion.
(c) In Miss Alice's bedroom.
(d) In the garden.
5. Who is the butler playing?
(a) The underdog.
(b) The lawyer.
(c) The devil's advocate.
(d) The black pieces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does this scene open?
2. How did Julian struggle?
3. In what does Miss Alice delight?
4. Why is Julian confused about Miss Alice's deafness, withered face, and gray and white matted hair?
5. What does the first man insinuate about the second man?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)