|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Butler point out?
(a) The cardinals control the behavior of the other birds.
(b) If Julian were to look into the window of the model, an exact duplicate of the room in which they stand can be seen with every detail intact, even down to the brass candlesticks.
(c) The garden is completely symmetrical.
(d) The crucifix is exactly perpendicular to the altar.
2. What will Julian do for Miss Alice?
(a) Love her.
(b) Take care of the menial details of her philanthropic bargain.
(c) Train her to be a priest.
(d) Allow her to stay in her home.
3. What does the butler do?
(a) Dusts the model.
(b) Writes down the measurements.
(c) Enters and agrees that the model is an extraordinary piece of work.
(d) Teases the Cardinal.
4. What are both the butler and the lawyer, who have known each other for some time, quite eager to do?
(a) Become friends with Julian.
(b) Leave Julian alone.
(c) Pry and prey on this fresh specimen.
(d) Find Miss Alice and introduce her to Julian.
5. Why is it appropriate?
(a) The lawyer and the Cardinal are friends that have grown up in the same household.
(b) The Cardinal is no more intelligent than a bird.
(c) Because the birds understand each other so much better than would birds of any other kind.
(d) They are cardinals, just like the Cardinal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the butler do at the sound of the chime?
2. What does Julian believe must happen in order to make it easier for men to live?
3. What does the butler share about himself with Julian?
4. What species of bird is in the birdcage?
5. Who enters the courtyard through an iron gate and moves quietly toward the man and watches him with mild amusement?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)