|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the conversation.
(a) It turns into a brawl.
(b) It gets even uglier.
(c) It settles down.
(d) It suddenly ends.
2. Why does Julian ask whether or not someone will soon be available?
(a) To see him for his appointment.
(b) To get a tour of the garden.
(c) To take photographs of him and the birds.
(d) To confess his sins.
3. Over what do the two original characters banter a while longer?
(a) Miss Alice's purpose for her donation.
(b) The vice that money can be.
(c) Their careers.
(d) Each other's childhood nicknames.
4. To what are the second man's words compared?
(a) Brown, sticky, smelly mud.
(b) The exaggerated sneer of the animal in question.
(c) Nails down a chalkboard.
(d) A growl.
5. What is said about the appropriateness of the two cardinals?
(a) There should be two in such close quarters in that particular location.
(b) They are best friends, just like the lawyer and Cardinal.
(c) They are as dull as the Cardinal.
(d) They are the same color as the Cardinal.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the lawyer enters the room to join in the dialogue, what is established?
2. How does the second person react?
3. How does the butler feel about listening to Julian?
4. What does Julian admit to the butler when the lawyer leaves?
5. Julian says "It is God the mover, not God ______________."
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)