|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Saint Francis?
(a) A martyr burned at the stake.
(b) A man who hunted wild animals.
(c) A friend to all animals who often talked to creatures, even birds of the sky.
(d) A pope.
2. Why is it appropriate?
(a) The Cardinal is no more intelligent than a bird.
(b) The lawyer and the Cardinal are friends that have grown up in the same household.
(c) They are cardinals, just like the Cardinal.
(d) Because the birds understand each other so much better than would birds of any other kind.
3. What does the first man do in an attempt to fend off his feelings about being caught?
(a) He begs the Cardinal to leave him alone.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He overcompensates with his behavior toward the Cardinal, kneeling to kiss his ring and addressing him in the third person to keep the situation and conversation impersonal.
(d) He argues with the Cardinal.
4. How does the butler feel about listening to Julian?
5. How do the two continue to insult one another?
(a) They do so with swinging fists.
(b) They glare at one another.
(c) Each man begins to question the intimate relations of the other's mother and their resulting parentage.
(d) They whisper nasty remarks under their breath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are both the butler and the lawyer, who have known each other for some time, quite eager to do?
2. How does Julian respond?
3. Julian is intrigued by the butler's coincidence. How does the Butler feel?
4. What does Julian think about how men use God?
5. Why is Julian part of this trio?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)