|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Miss Alice like to do for the church?
(a) Donate her time to a charity.
(b) Teach Sunday school.
(c) Make new clothing for the priests.
(d) Give a huge donation.
2. Why does the lawyer initiate a discussion of his animosity for the Cardinal?
(a) He cannot contain his hatred.
(b) He is satisfied with Julian's information.
(c) He is bored by Julian's responses.
(d) He knows Julian is friends with the Cardinal.
3. About what do the lawyer and butler relentlessly question Julian?
(a) His background.
(b) His relationship with the Cardinal.
(c) His training in the priesthood.
(d) His interest in birds.
4. What does the first man insinuate about the second man?
(a) The inappropriate relationship between the lawyer and Miss Alice.
(b) The inappropriate relationship between the Cardinal and Miss Alice.
(c) An inappropriate relationship between the Cardinal and his assistant.
(d) The inappropriate relationship between Miss Alice and the assistant.
5. Where does this scene open?
(a) In the chapel.
(b) In the dining room of a mansion.
(c) In the garden.
(d) In a library of a mansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does this observer address the man who is cooing at the birds?
2. What does the butler share about himself with Julian?
3. Who was Saint Francis?
4. How does the scene end?
5. What does the butler do?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)