|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far is the walk from George's house to the doctor's house in Chapter 2?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 2 miles.
2. How often does the narrator say Kathleen washes her hair in the summer in Chapter 2?
(a) Twice a week.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Twice a month.
(d) Once a month.
3. What was Kathleen's maiden name?
4. Where did the hermit whose tooth Howard pulls attend college?
(a) Rutgers University.
(b) Harvard College.
(c) Bowdoin College.
(d) Yale University.
5. On what day of the week does George run away from home in Chapter 2?
6. What ailment does Howard suffer from?
7. The hermit whose tooth Howard pulls is described in Chapter 1 as living in the woods by what river?
(a) The Colorado River.
(b) The Ohio River.
(c) The Penobscot River.
(d) The Arkansas River.
8. What is the name of Howard's supplier for trade items?
9. What does George's mother serve for Christmas dinner on the night that George witnesses his father's seizure?
(a) Roasted goose.
(b) Roast turkey.
(c) Roast beef.
(d) Glazed ham.
10. Who are the neighbors that Howard goes to in order to borrow a horse to look for George after he's run away in Chapter 2?
(a) The Montgomery's.
(b) The Newcastles.
(c) The Levansellers.
(d) The Wilsons.
11. What does George make a small canoe from for the dead mouse in Chapter 2?
(a) Notebook paper.
(b) Oak bark.
(c) Birch bark.
12. What is the name of Howard's mule?
(b) Peter the Great.
(c) Prince Edward.
13. What type of vehicle does Howard drive for a living seventy years before George's death?
(a) A limousine.
(b) A school bus.
(c) A taxi.
(d) A wagon.
14. Where was George's cancer for which he first underwent radiation therapy?
(a) His groin.
(b) His brain.
(c) His leg.
(d) His neck.
15. What is the name of the man driving the flatbed truck as the doctor's house is moved in Chapter 2?
(a) Ray Morell.
(b) Kenner Davenport.
(c) Dan Cooper.
(d) Bill Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Howard use to pull the hermit's tooth in Chapter 1?
2. What is the name of Howard's family's dog in Chapter 2?
3. Of Kathleen's strict demeanor, the narrator says in Chapter 2, "She could not live with herself if she allowed herself to believe that she treated her own this way because she felt no more connected to them than she would to" what?
4. What does Howard give the hermit to drink before he pulls his tooth in Chapter 1?
5. How many stitches does the doctor give George after his hand has been bitten in Chapter 2?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)