|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Part 1 (pages 157-176).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Howard's mule?
(b) Peter the Great.
(c) Prince Edward.
2. What does George's mother serve for Christmas dinner on the night that George witnesses his father's seizure?
(a) Roast turkey.
(b) Glazed ham.
(c) Roasted goose.
(d) Roast beef.
3. What historical figure is Howard studying in history when his father goes to the meeting regarding his mental deterioration in Chapter 3?
(a) Napoleon Bonaparte.
(b) Ben Franklyn.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Henry VIII.
4. Where is George's workshop located?
(a) In the backyard.
(b) In town.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the attic.
5. What word used in Chapter 2 refers to a device for creating applause in theaters?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the men wearing as they wait outside to take Howard's father away in Chapter 3?
2. What is the name of George's sister that runs shrieking into the house whenever she sees wasps or spiders when they are young?
3. Who is George's grandson that appears to be reading to him when he awakens in Chapter 1?
4. The narrator says in Chapter 3 as Howard searches the woods for his father, "The tom-tom tap of a pileated woodpecker sounded from somewhere in the woods, to Howard's left." What literary device is used in this sentence?
5. What is the only traditional item of clothing that the Indian wears who grew up living on an island in the lake, according to the narrator in Chapter 3?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)