|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Part 1 (pages 157-176).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does the narrator say Kathleen washes her hair in the summer in Chapter 2?
(a) Twice a month.
(b) Twice a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a week.
2. What word from Chapter 3 means characterized by length of speech or wordiness, or scattered?
3. What type of vehicle does Howard drive for a living seventy years before George's death?
(a) A taxi.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A school bus.
(d) A limousine.
4. What natural phenomenon does Howard compare his seizures to in Chapter 1?
5. What word used in Chapter 3 means concerned with relatively minor, irrelevant, or superficial aspects of something?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of Kathleen's strict demeanor, the narrator says in Chapter 2, "She could not live with herself if she allowed herself to believe that she treated her own this way because she felt no more connected to them than she would to" what?
2. What book is cited with the description of the inner workings of a clock in Chapter 4?
3. What does George ask his family to get when he first rises in bed in the beginning of the novel?
4. What kind of car is Nikki Bocheki driving when he visits George in Chapter 4?
5. The narrator says in Chapter 3, "My blood is a Roman plow." What literary device is used in this excerpt?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)