|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Part 2 (pages 91-126).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment has Marjorie suffered from all of her life?
(b) Manic depression.
2. The drowned child that Howard fishes from a creek is the daughter of what widow?
(c) La Rose.
3. What does Howard use to pull the hermit's tooth in Chapter 1?
(a) A string tied to a doorknob.
(b) A pair of scissors.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A pair of pliers.
4. What novel does Howard discover on his porch after pulling the hermit's tooth in Chapter 1?
(a) To Have and Have Not.
(b) The Great Gatsby.
(c) The Sun Also Rises.
(d) The Scarlet Letter.
5. What is the name of the hermit whose tooth Howard pulls in Chapter 1?
(d) La Rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Howard paid to shoot a dog, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
2. When is the autograph dated in the novel that Howard receives as a gift from the hermit in Chapter 1?
3. Where is the hospital located that Kathleen has gotten a pamphlet for in Chapter 2?
4. What objects did George begin repairing and trading after his retirement?
5. How many hours before he dies does George ask for a shave?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)