|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Part 2 (pages 91-126).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is George's grandson that appears to be reading to him when he awakens in Chapter 1?
2. What religious denomination does the narrator say George settled on after being a Methodist and a Congregationalist in Chapter 1?
3. The hermit whose tooth Howard pulls is described in Chapter 1 as living in the woods by what river?
(a) The Colorado River.
(b) The Ohio River.
(c) The Arkansas River.
(d) The Penobscot River.
4. What animal does George take with him when he runs away from home in Chapter 2?
(d) Prince Edward.
5. Where did the hermit whose tooth Howard pulls attend college?
(a) Harvard College.
(b) Bowdoin College.
(c) Yale University.
(d) Rutgers University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the hospital located that Kathleen has gotten a pamphlet for in Chapter 2?
2. Where has George's hospital bed been placed in the beginning of the novel?
3. What word used in Chapter 2 refers to a device for creating applause in theaters?
4. What objects did George begin repairing and trading after his retirement?
5. What sport does Ezra Morrell love and follow?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)