|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Part 2 (pages 91-126).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator says of Kathleen in Chapter 2, "Only her face is visible above the top of the bedcovers. It glows like a pale egg." What literary device is used in this example?
2. What is the name of Ezra Morell's son and George's childhood best friend?
(a) Edgar Morell.
(b) James Morell.
(c) Billy Morell.
(d) Ray Morell.
3. What sport does Ezra Morrell love and follow?
4. Where did the hermit whose tooth Howard pulls attend college?
(a) Rutgers University.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Bowdoin College.
(d) Harvard College.
5. What does George's mother serve for Christmas dinner on the night that George witnesses his father's seizure?
(a) Glazed ham.
(b) Roast beef.
(c) Roasted goose.
(d) Roast turkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does George ask his family to get when he first rises in bed in the beginning of the novel?
2. The hermit whose tooth Howard pulls is described in Chapter 1 as living in the woods by what river?
3. What has the Morrells' curing shed been converted into when George runs away in Chapter 2?
4. Where has George's hospital bed been placed in the beginning of the novel?
5. What is the name of the man driving the flatbed truck as the doctor's house is moved in Chapter 2?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)