|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Part 2 (pages 36-70).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who built George's house?
(a) Mr. Smith.
2. What was Kathleen's maiden name?
3. Where did the hermit whose tooth Howard pulls attend college?
(a) Rutgers University.
(b) Bowdoin College.
(c) Harvard College.
(d) Yale University.
4. What objects did George begin repairing and trading after his retirement?
(d) Vacuum cleaners.
5. What natural phenomenon does Howard compare his seizures to in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Howard's middle name?
2. What is the name of the bootlegger that Howard sells five gallons of homemade whiskey for as an odd job?
3. Who is the author of The Reasonable Horologist that is quoted in Chapter 1?
4. What disorder causes George to shake as he is shaved?
5. Who is Sam's mother in the novel?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)