|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Part 2 (pages 36-70).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who built George's house?
(d) Mr. Smith.
2. What three states does the narrator say George's grandchildren are visiting from in the beginning of the novel?
(a) Oregon, California, and Colorado.
(b) Mississippi, Ohio, and Indiana.
(c) Arkansas, Connecticut, and Massachusetts.
(d) Kansas, Georgia, and Washington.
3. What ailment has Marjorie suffered from all of her life?
(d) Manic depression.
4. What kind of liquor does Howard keep a few bottles of in his secret drawer as a tradesman?
5. Where is George's workshop located?
(a) In the backyard.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In town.
(d) In the basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Howard's mule?
2. Who is the author of The Reasonable Horologist that is quoted in Chapter 1?
3. What objects did George begin repairing and trading after his retirement?
4. What was Kathleen's maiden name?
5. Where has George's hospital bed been placed in the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)