|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Part 2 (pages 36-70).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What natural phenomenon does Howard compare his seizures to in Chapter 1?
2. What is the name of Howard's mule?
(a) Peter the Great.
(b) Prince Edward.
3. Where does Marjorie live?
4. Where is George's workshop located?
(a) In town.
(b) In the attic.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the backyard.
5. The hermit whose tooth Howard pulls is described in Chapter 1 as living in the woods by what river?
(a) The Colorado River.
(b) The Arkansas River.
(c) The Ohio River.
(d) The Penobscot River.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did George retire?
2. What are the names of George's two daughters?
3. How many days before he dies does George begin hallucinating?
4. What disorder causes George to shake as he is shaved?
5. Where does the narrator describe seeing a clock "that had the likeness of a great oak tree wrought in iron and brass around its dial" in Chapter 1?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)