|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Part 2 (pages 36-70).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the hermit whose tooth Howard pulls attend college?
(a) Bowdoin College.
(b) Rutgers University.
(c) Yale University.
(d) Harvard College.
2. At what age did George retire?
3. What kind of liquor does Howard keep a few bottles of in his secret drawer as a tradesman?
4. What does Howard use to pull the hermit's tooth in Chapter 1?
(a) A hammer.
(b) A pair of scissors.
(c) A pair of pliers.
(d) A string tied to a doorknob.
5. How many hours before he dies does George ask for a shave?
(a) 156 hours.
(b) 96 hours.
(c) 126 hours.
(d) 116 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What natural phenomenon does Howard compare his seizures to in Chapter 1?
2. What author did the hermit whose tooth Howard pulls attend college with, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
3. What novel does Howard discover on his porch after pulling the hermit's tooth in Chapter 1?
4. What are the names of George's two daughters?
5. Why is Howard paid to shoot a dog, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)