|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Part 1 (pages 127-142).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the hospital located that Kathleen has gotten a pamphlet for in Chapter 2?
(a) New York, New York.
(b) Bangor, Maine.
(c) Cleveland, Ohio.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
2. What is the name of Howard's mule?
(a) Peter the Great.
(d) Prince Edward.
3. What town do George and Kathleen walk toward when they find the doctor's house missing in Chapter 2?
(a) West Cove.
4. The drowned child that Howard fishes from a creek is the daughter of what widow?
(a) La Rose.
5. What is the "eighth planet, named after the king of the sea"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word is used in Chapter 1 to refer to angels?
2. Of Kathleen's strict demeanor, the narrator says in Chapter 2, "She could not live with herself if she allowed herself to believe that she treated her own this way because she felt no more connected to them than she would to" what?
3. What activity does the narrator say George has always hated in Chapter 1?
4. On what day of the week does George run away from home in Chapter 2?
5. What word used in Chapter 3 refers to a didactic story which illustrates instructive lessons or principles?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)