|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Part 1 (pages 127-142).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Kathleen's hair described as in Chapter 2?
(a) Dark brown.
2. What historical figure is Howard studying in history when his father goes to the meeting regarding his mental deterioration in Chapter 3?
(a) Napoleon Bonaparte.
(b) Henry VIII.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Ben Franklyn.
3. When Howard's mother helps his father dress before he is taken away in Chapter 3, Howard describes it as appearing as though she is dressing what?
(a) An otter.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A child.
(d) A scarecrow.
4. What month is it when Howard leaves his family in Chapter 2?
5. Where did the hermit whose tooth Howard pulls attend college?
(a) Rutgers University.
(b) Bowdoin College.
(c) Harvard College.
(d) Yale University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word used in Chapter 3 refers to a didactic story which illustrates instructive lessons or principles?
2. What does the narrator describe as Joe's favorite breakfast meal in Chapter 2?
3. Where is George's workshop located?
4. Where does the narrator describe seeing a clock "that had the likeness of a great oak tree wrought in iron and brass around its dial" in Chapter 1?
5. What is the name of the bootlegger that Howard sells five gallons of homemade whiskey for as an odd job?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)