|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Part 1 (pages 127-142).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who built George's house?
(d) Mr. Smith.
2. Howard says the following in Chapter 3: "My mother opened the outside door and the light came in and carved every object in the kitchen into an ancient relic." What literary device is used in this sentence?
(b) Literary allusion.
3. What month is it when Howard leaves his family in Chapter 2?
4. What is the name of the hermit whose tooth Howard pulls in Chapter 1?
(c) La Rose.
5. How old is Ray Morrell when George runs away to his father's property in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What game do George and Ray regularly play in the Morrells' old curing shed?
2. The hospital that Kathleen has a pamphlet for in Chapter 2 is located by what river?
3. Who is George's grandson that appears to be reading to him when he awakens in Chapter 1?
4. Where is the hospital located that Kathleen has gotten a pamphlet for in Chapter 2?
5. What is the name of Howard's mule?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)