|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Part 2 (pages 143-156).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator describe as having gone mad and lit his house on fire, killing himself and a woman with two children, in Chapter 2?
(a) Ray Morell.
(b) Tom Budden.
(c) Kenner Davenport.
(d) Dan Cooper.
2. Where did the local Indian work for many summers cutting wood, according to the narrator in Chapter 3?
(a) The North Carry Hotel.
(b) Mrs. Butter's Boarding House.
(c) The Great Western Hotel.
(d) The Blueberry Bed and Breakfast.
3. Of his father and of the old Indian that repaired the canoe, Howard says in Chapter 3, "My memories of them are" what?
4. How far is the walk from George's house to the doctor's house in Chapter 2?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 1 mile.
(d) 2 miles.
5. The drowned child that Howard fishes from a creek is the daughter of what widow?
(d) La Rose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of wood was Howard's father's canoe made from that he recalls in Chapter 3?
2. What does Howard use to pull the hermit's tooth in Chapter 1?
3. What is the name of Ezra Morell's son and George's childhood best friend?
4. What were Ed Titcomb and his friend doing when they came upon Howard in the woods in Chapter 3?
5. What does Howard give the hermit to drink before he pulls his tooth in Chapter 1?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)