|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Part 2 (pages 143-156).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day of the week does George run away from home in Chapter 2?
2. Where is the hospital located that Kathleen has gotten a pamphlet for in Chapter 2?
(a) Cleveland, Ohio.
(b) New York, New York.
(c) Bangor, Maine.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
3. When is the autograph dated in the novel that Howard receives as a gift from the hermit in Chapter 1?
4. Who does the narrator describe as having gone mad and lit his house on fire, killing himself and a woman with two children, in Chapter 2?
(a) Ray Morell.
(b) Dan Cooper.
(c) Tom Budden.
(d) Kenner Davenport.
5. What name has Joe given to the bearskin rug in the Crosby home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sam's mother in the novel?
2. What is the name of Howard's supplier for trade items?
3. What animal does George take with him when he runs away from home in Chapter 2?
4. The narrator says in Chapter 3 as Howard searches the woods for his father, "The tom-tom tap of a pileated woodpecker sounded from somewhere in the woods, to Howard's left." What literary device is used in this sentence?
5. The drowned child that Howard fishes from a creek is the daughter of what widow?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)