|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Part 2 (pages 143-156).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator describe as having gone mad and lit his house on fire, killing himself and a woman with two children, in Chapter 2?
(a) Tom Budden.
(b) Ray Morell.
(c) Kenner Davenport.
(d) Dan Cooper.
2. What is the name of Howard's supplier for trade items?
3. What does George dream is biting his hand as he lay in his parents' bed after getting stitches in Chapter 2?
(a) A white horse.
(b) A black bear.
(c) A black dog.
(d) A grizzly bear.
4. What does Howard use to pull the hermit's tooth in Chapter 1?
(a) A pair of scissors.
(b) A pair of pliers.
(c) A string tied to a doorknob.
(d) A hammer.
5. Who agrees to shave George in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the hospital located that Kathleen has gotten a pamphlet for in Chapter 2?
2. What game do George and Ray regularly play in the Morrells' old curing shed?
3. Where did the hermit whose tooth Howard pulls attend college?
4. Why is Howard paid to shoot a dog, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
5. What month is it when Howard leaves his family in Chapter 2?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)