Chapter 1, Part 1 (pages 1-35)
1. How would you describe the main narrative perspective of Tinkers?
(a) The narrator is Kathleen.
(b) The narrator is Sam.
(c) It is a third-person omniscient narrator.
(d) The narrator is Charles Crosby.
2. How many days before he dies does George begin hallucinating?
(a) Three days before he dies.
(b) Six days before he dies.
(c) Eight days before he dies.
(d) Two days before he dies.
3. Where has George's hospital bed been placed in the beginning of the novel?
(a) In the living room.
(b) In Charlie's bedroom.
(c) In the attic.
(d) In George's bedroom.
4. What three states does the narrator say George's grandchildren are visiting from in the beginning of the novel?
(a) Oregon, California, and Colorado.
(b) Arkansas, Connecticut, and Massachusetts.
(c) Kansas, Georgia, and Washington.
(d) Mississippi, Ohio, and Indiana.
5. How is Marjorie related to George?
(a) Marjorie is George's granddaughter.
(b) Marjorie is George's niece.
(c) Marjorie is George's sister.
(d) Marjorie is George's daughter.
6. Where does Marjorie live?
This section contains 4,319 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)