|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "I can't think, I'm so furious"?
(b) The Minister.
2. What does Karla show Jim when they talk about Smiley?
(a) A flask.
(b) A ring.
(c) A cigarette lighter.
(d) A wallet.
3. How does Ann's family refer to the Minister's car?
(a) The red bedpan.
(b) The black bedpan.
(c) The white bedpan.
(d) The gold bedpan.
4. How many photographs does Smiley pull out his coat pocket when he and Jim are in the motel room?
5. What does Smiley tell Guilliam to do at the end of Chapter 34?
(a) Beat Toby until he confesses everything he knows.
(b) Call Alleline and arrange a meeting.
(c) Look for surveillance.
(d) Get him a drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the duty officer say about the records about the night Jim was shot?
2. What does Jim take for pain after treating his wound?
3. What time is it when Chapter 34 starts?
4. Who does Smiley believe is the mole after hearing his voice?
5. Whom does Karla mostly want information about from Jim?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jerry tells Toby about the story a man in Prague tells him about Jim?
2. What does Jim do when he sees Smiley at Thursgood's?
3. How do all the men say goodbye to each other after Haydon is revealed as the mole?
4. What does Mendel report to Smiley when he is watching Circus headquarters in Chapter 35?
5. What do Smiley and Guilliam do when they arrive at the safe house in Chapter 36?
6. What does Smiley tell Toby at the safe house is the only thing he wants to know about?
7. How does Smiley figure out who the mole is?
8. Why does Jim consider fleeing from the school where he works?
9. What happens the first time Haydon and Jim meet?
10. Describe the letter Haydon writes to Fanshawe.
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)