|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What method of transportation does Smiley take to see Ann?
2. Whom does Karla mostly want information about from Jim?
3. What kind of identity does Jim tell Max to get when they are going to work together?
4. Whom does Smiley see as the only one who can contact Karla?
5. Where does Jerry leave from to go to Prague?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tarr go on a ferry?
2. Who says, "I can't think, I'm so furious"?
3. Who hands Smiley documents at the end of Chapter 25?
4. What sort of cover does Jim have when he and Max work together?
5. What is Steve's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do all the men say goodbye to each other after Haydon is revealed as the mole?
2. Why does Smiley think it is odd that Haydon said he did not know about Jim being shot?
3. Describe the letter Haydon writes to Fanshawe.
4. Why does Jim consider fleeing from the school where he works?
5. Why does Toby help Smiley?
6. Why does Smiley visit Haydon's girlfriend?
7. What does Jim do when he sees Smiley at Thursgood's?
8. What do Smiley and Guilliam do when they arrive at the safe house in Chapter 36?
9. What is the Minister concerned about in Chapter 33?
10. What does Smiley tell Jerry as they part in Chapter 28?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)