|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when Chapter 34 starts?
(b) 4 p.m.
(c) 10 a.m.
(d) 2 p.m.
2. What is Testify's real name?
3. Who does Toby say is Smiley's man?
4. What kind of car does the Minister drive?
(a) A Bentley.
(b) A Benz.
(c) A Porsche.
(d) A Rolls.
5. What does Jerry receive from Toby that he shows to Smiley?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A gift basket.
(c) A coded document.
(d) A Christmas card.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I want to put a thesis to you, Toby. A notion about what's going on."?
2. Who is Steve?
3. Who says, "I won't have bloodshed. I want absolute calm"?
4. How does Ann's family refer to the Minister's car?
5. Who says, "I've drawn a line. That's what they told me to do"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Toby help Smiley?
2. How does Smiley confront Haydon and Polyakov?
3. What is the code that Jim and Control worked out to figure out who the mole is?
4. What does Jim tell Max about their covers in preparation for their big mission?
5. Why does Tarr hold the Paris contact at gunpoint?
6. Why does Smiley tell Sercombe they must stop the negotiations with the Americans about the secret annex on Witchcraft?
7. Why does Haydon say he had an affair with Ann?
8. What does Smiley tell Jerry as they part in Chapter 28?
9. How do all the men say goodbye to each other after Haydon is revealed as the mole?
10. Why does Smiley find it odd that Jim does not back of the Brno mission?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)