|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim hate about the cigarette Karla gives him?
(a) It tastes stale.
(b) It is not a menthol.
(c) It is an herbal cigarette.
(d) It tastes American.
2. What color is the car that Jim is supposed to get into when he and Max work together?
3. Who is the letter that Smiley finds from Haydon addressed to?
4. What street does Smiley live on?
(a) Crossville Road.
(b) Bywater Street.
(c) Treeridge Parkway.
(d) Crabapple Road.
5. Who hands Smiley documents at the end of Chapter 25?
(d) The Minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the documents about that Smiley receives at the end of Chapter 25?
2. Whom does Smiley tell Jim to phone?
3. What does the duty officer say about the records about the night Jim was shot?
4. What name does Jim go by when the Russians are looking for him?
5. Who does Smiley believe is the mole after hearing his voice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Smiley figure out who the mole is?
2. Why does Tarr hold the Paris contact at gunpoint?
3. What is the code that Jim and Control worked out to figure out who the mole is?
4. After Jim is caught, what does he plan to tell his interrogators?
5. Why does Toby help Smiley?
6. What happens when Jim goes back to Thursgood's?
7. What does Smiley figure out that Karla wanted from Jim?
8. How does Jim manage to leave the school where he works?
9. What do Smiley and Guilliam do when they arrive at the safe house in Chapter 36?
10. Why does Smiley tell Sercombe they must stop the negotiations with the Americans about the secret annex on Witchcraft?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)