|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill see that scares him?
(a) Jim loading a gun.
(b) Jim being shot.
(c) Smiley following Jim.
(d) Jim stealing another teacher's lunch money.
2. How is Toby described as dressing?
(a) Like an old man.
(b) Like a male model.
(c) Like a lumberjack.
(d) Like an eighth grader.
3. Who calls Smiley at the end of Chapter 19?
4. What does Tarr say is finished if Irina is correct?
(a) The Brixton schoolhouse.
(b) London Station.
(c) The Circus.
(d) Moscow Centre.
5. What is the name of the archivist Guilliam is friendly with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mole that infiltrates British intelligence?
2. Who does Lacon want to investigate the possibility of there being a mole inside British intelligence?
3. Who has an affair with Smiley's wife?
4. Who does Haydon say has sold out to Karla?
5. How many weeks does Alleline go between producing his first report and the three more he does later?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Alleline want to know if Guilliam has met with Tarr?
2. Why does Tarr believe that Boris is a professional agent and not a trade delegate?
3. What does Smiley discover about Toby when studying the Operation Witchcraft financial figures?
4. How does Jim react when a stranger comes to Thursgood's?
5. Why does Smiley memorize cars in his London neighborhood?
6. What tasks does Guilliam perform for Smiley at Brixton?
7. What does the memo that Smiley finds addressing J.P. Ribble say?
8. What happens to Connie when she tries to investigate Polyakov?
9. Why does Smiley think Merlin is in London?
10. What does Guilliam learn about the annexes during his run at the archives?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)