|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What station has control of everything in the British intelligence service?
2. Who does Jim have tracing Mendel's steps?
(a) His girlfriend.
(c) His students.
(d) Other teachers.
3. What is the name of Smiley's wife?
4. Where is the scalp hunters' headquarters?
5. Why does Bill become physically ill?
(a) He eats expired food.
(b) He is terrified.
(c) He has the flu.
(d) He is punched in the stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill think Jim must have problems with?
2. What station does Irina work out of?
3. Whom is Guilliam's girlfriend married to?
4. Who tells Tarr that he thinks Tarr is taken with Irina?
5. How many active agents are behind the Iron Curtain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Connie when she tries to investigate Polyakov?
2. Why does Tarr become angry and lunge at Smiley?
3. Why does Tarr think should Irina should defect as soon as possible?
4. Why does Control stop working with the Circus?
5. What makes Bill Roach sick?
6. Why does Lacon apologize to Smiley after he hears about the contents of Irina's diary?
7. What does Smiley discover about Toby when studying the Operation Witchcraft financial figures?
8. What does Irina confess to Tarr during their time in Hong Kong?
9. Describe the reports that Alleline turns in that secure his job as the head of the Circus.
10. What does Guilliam tell Smiley about how British intelligence operates in his absence?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)