|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Ailsa?
2. What is Bill's last name?
3. Where does Smiley establish his operational headquarters?
(a) The Gardens Bed and Breakfast.
(b) The Sussex Hotel.
(c) The Sussex Gardens Inn.
(d) The Hotel Islay.
4. What is Connie's last name?
5. Where is the scalp hunters' headquarters?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who establishes the Adriatic Working Party?
2. What is the name of the hotel proprietor where Smiley sets up his headquarters?
3. What kind of car does Jim have?
4. What is the name of the school where Jim goes to work?
5. Who is Aleks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lacon apologize to Smiley after he hears about the contents of Irina's diary?
2. How is Connie able to help Smiley?
3. Why is Guilliam not suspected of committing any breaches while in the archives?
4. What does Smiley discover about Toby when studying the Operation Witchcraft financial figures?
5. What does Smiley discover in nine reports that Guilliam brings him?
6. What does the memo that Smiley finds addressing J.P. Ribble say?
7. How does Smiley first meet Karla?
8. What makes Bill Roach sick?
9. What is the form that Alleline makes Guilliam sign?
10. Why does Smiley memorize cars in his London neighborhood?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)