|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the car that Jim is supposed to get into when he and Max work together?
2. What is Jerry's last name?
3. In what year does Haydon receive Soviet citizenship?
4. Where does the press incorrectly say Jim, a British spy, was shot?
5. What kind of car does the Minister drive?
(a) A Porsche.
(b) A Rolls.
(c) A Bentley.
(d) A Benz.
6. What color does Max wear when he and Smiley meet?
7. What is the Minister's name?
8. What does Jim hate about the cigarette Karla gives him?
(a) It is an herbal cigarette.
(b) It tastes stale.
(c) It is not a menthol.
(d) It tastes American.
9. Smiley wants to know how Toby knows about what?
(c) The Circus.
(d) Tinker and Tailor.
10. How many photographs does Smiley pull out his coat pocket when he and Jim are in the motel room?
11. Why does Max no longer for the Circus?
(a) He was demoted.
(b) He was promoted.
(c) He was fired.
(d) He moved to a different operation.
12. What does Jerry receive from Toby that he shows to Smiley?
(a) A telegram.
(b) A Christmas card.
(c) A gift basket.
(d) A coded document.
13. Who breaks up with his girlfriend at the end of Chapter 32?
14. Who does Steve say Tarr always thought he was?
(a) William Churchill.
(b) Adolf Hitler.
(c) The pope.
(d) Napoleon Bonaparte.
15. Who says, "I can't think, I'm so furious"?
(c) The Minister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Smiley and Lacon meet the Minister?
2. What does Smiley think about Haydon while he travels to meet Ann?
3. What is the name of the duty officer Smiley visits in Chapter 26?
4. Who says, "I want to put a thesis to you, Toby. A notion about what's going on."?
5. Who are the documents about that Smiley receives at the end of Chapter 25?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)