|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the duty officer Smiley visits in Chapter 26?
2. What street does Smiley live on?
(a) Treeridge Parkway.
(b) Bywater Street.
(c) Crossville Road.
(d) Crabapple Road.
3. What does Smiley tell Guilliam to do at the end of Chapter 34?
(a) Call Alleline and arrange a meeting.
(b) Get him a drink.
(c) Beat Toby until he confesses everything he knows.
(d) Look for surveillance.
4. Who is the letter that Smiley finds from Haydon addressed to?
5. What does Jim take for pain after treating his wound?
6. Who does Toby say is Smiley's man?
7. What does Jim hide in the chapel?
(a) His money stash.
(b) His gun.
(c) His fake IDs.
(d) His drugs.
8. What does the duty officer say about the records about the night Jim was shot?
(a) He cannot find the records.
(b) There are missing pages.
(c) They seem to have been written by a drunk.
(d) It is in a strange coded language.
9. What excuse does Jim use to get out of work?
(a) His brother died and he needs to leave for the funeral.
(b) He is having chest pains.
(c) His mother is ill.
(d) He says he is involved in a secret mission.
10. What does Jerry receive from Toby that he shows to Smiley?
(a) A coded document.
(b) A Christmas card.
(c) A gift basket.
(d) A telegram.
11. When is Haydon's letter that Smiley finds dated?
(a) July 10, 1937.
(b) February 3, 1937.
(c) September 21, 1937.
(d) March 30, 1937.
12. How does Haydon die?
(a) Thrown off a bridge.
(b) Broken neck.
(c) Stab wound.
13. Where does Tarr go on a ferry?
14. Where does Smiley travel to see Ann?
15. What is Jerry's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time is it when Chapter 34 starts?
2. What kind of identity does Jim tell Max to get when they are going to work together?
3. Who has a strangely emotional farewell with Polyakov when leaving the safe house in Chapter 37?
4. How is Miss Aaronson described?
5. What does Guilliam do when he arrives at the safe house?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)