|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will the men meet at the safe house again to give Polyakov time to consult his superiors?
(a) 1 day.
(b) A week.
(c) 9 days.
(d) 3 days.
2. What kind of identity does Jim tell Max to get when they are going to work together?
3. What color does Max wear when he and Smiley meet?
4. What does Jerry receive from Toby that he shows to Smiley?
(a) A coded document.
(b) A Christmas card.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A gift basket.
5. What does Smiley tell Guilliam to do at the end of Chapter 34?
(a) Call Alleline and arrange a meeting.
(b) Look for surveillance.
(c) Get him a drink.
(d) Beat Toby until he confesses everything he knows.
6. Who says, "I can't think, I'm so furious"?
(b) The Minister.
7. Who says, "I won't be quoted, George."?
(b) The Minister.
8. Whom does the message from Alleline say Tarr should talk to?
9. What is Testify's real name?
10. Who is Tailor?
11. Who leaves the safe house without saying goodbye to anyone?
12. When is Haydon's letter that Smiley finds dated?
(a) July 10, 1937.
(b) September 21, 1937.
(c) February 3, 1937.
(d) March 30, 1937.
13. What is the Minister most concerned about?
(a) How big the scandal will be with the mole.
(b) How he will avoid being fired.
(c) How Jim will avoid the Czechs.
(d) How Smiley and Ann are doing.
14. Who has a strangely emotional farewell with Polyakov when leaving the safe house in Chapter 37?
15. What does the duty officer do for a living now?
(a) Drug dealer.
(d) Body guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the publication Jim read for a while?
2. Who are the documents about that Smiley receives at the end of Chapter 25?
3. What does Jim take for pain after treating his wound?
4. What color is the car that Jim is supposed to get into when he and Max work together?
5. How is Miss Aaronson described?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)