|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at the safe house at the beginning of Chapter 34?
2. Who leaves the safe house without saying goodbye to anyone?
3. What is the name of the man Haydon and Jim talk to when they meet?
4. What sort of cover does Jim have when he and Max work together?
5. Where does the press incorrectly say Jim, a British spy, was shot?
6. What does the duty officer say about the records about the night Jim was shot?
(a) It is in a strange coded language.
(b) He cannot find the records.
(c) There are missing pages.
(d) They seem to have been written by a drunk.
7. What is Millie's last name?
8. Where does Jim go at the end of the novel?
(a) Back to the all boys school.
(b) Back to the Circus.
(c) To be a mole in Russia.
(d) To a new school to teach.
9. Where in the chapel does Jim hide something?
(a) On top of the cross.
(b) Under a pew.
(c) In the podium.
(d) At the altar.
10. What is Jerry's last name?
11. How does Ann's family refer to the Minister's car?
(a) The gold bedpan.
(b) The white bedpan.
(c) The red bedpan.
(d) The black bedpan.
12. What is Testify's real name?
13. Who hands Smiley documents at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) The Minister.
14. What kind of car does Smiley arrive to visit Jim in?
(a) A Honda.
(b) A Ford.
(c) A Bentley.
(d) A Chevy.
15. Where does Smiley travel to see Ann?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bill's father threatening to take him out of school?
2. When is Haydon's letter that Smiley finds dated?
3. Where does Jerry leave from to go to Prague?
4. What is Steve's last name?
5. What does Jim hide in the chapel?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)