|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Hong Kong agent that Tarr talks to about Irina?
2. Whom is Guilliam's girlfriend married to?
(a) The flute teacher.
(b) The personal trainer.
(c) The accountant.
(d) The tennis coach.
3. Who does Lacon want to investigate the possibility of there being a mole inside British intelligence?
4. What is the name of Guilliam's girlfriend?
5. Whom does Guilliam tell everything he has learned at Brixton at the end of Chapter 11?
6. What does Tarr find that Irina leaves him?
(a) Her watch.
(c) A letter.
(d) A diary.
7. Whom does Smiley want to know about from Connie?
8. Where was Ellis shot?
(a) In the stomach.
(b) In the kneecap.
(c) In the back.
(d) In the arm.
9. What does Tarr's wallpaper look like?
(a) Brown with red flowers.
(b) Yellow with orange flowers.
(c) White with black flowers.
(d) Blue with green flowers.
10. Where does Smiley establish his operational headquarters?
(a) The Gardens Bed and Breakfast.
(b) The Hotel Islay.
(c) The Sussex Hotel.
(d) The Sussex Gardens Inn.
11. What is the name of Smiley's wife?
12. What musical lesson is Bill leaving when he spies on Jim in his trailer?
13. Who says, "Break any good necks this weekend?"
14. Who tells Tarr that he thinks Tarr is taken with Irina?
15. In what continent is Karla a legend, according to Smiley?
(b) North America.
(c) South America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Witchcraft report does Guilliam have to sign a form stating he has read in Chapter 21?
2. Who does Jim have tracing Mendel's steps?
3. What station does Irina work out of?
4. How is Toby described as dressing?
5. What nickname do the schoolboys give to Jim?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)