|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Smiley establish his operational headquarters?
(a) The Sussex Hotel.
(b) The Sussex Gardens Inn.
(c) The Hotel Islay.
(d) The Gardens Bed and Breakfast.
2. What nickname does Jim give to Bill?
3. What do the janitors call Toby?
(b) Tinker Bell.
(c) Snow White.
(d) Sleeping Beauty.
4. Who does Jim have tracing Mendel's steps?
(b) His students.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) Other teachers.
5. What does Tarr say is finished if Irina is correct?
(a) The Brixton schoolhouse.
(b) London Station.
(c) The Circus.
(d) Moscow Centre.
6. Who is Percy Alleline?
(a) Smiley's control agent.
(b) Smiley's target.
(c) A good friend of Smiley.
(d) The new intelligence chief.
7. What song does Bill hear being sung as he passes the church in Chapter 24?
(a) Te Deum.
(b) Nunc dimittis.
(c) Salve Regina.
(d) Ave Maria.
8. What month is it when Tarr meets Irina in Hong Kong?
9. What does Jim steal from another teacher?
(c) A desk.
10. Whom does Smiley want to know about from Connie?
11. What color are Karla's eyes?
12. What does Tarr find that Irina leaves him?
(a) A diary.
(c) A letter.
(d) Her watch.
13. How many students take part in the car-club race at the all-boys school?
14. What is the name of the man who notices discrepancies regarding Merlin?
15. Whom does Guilliam tell everything he has learned at Brixton at the end of Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Smiley fire with no explanation after Control is fired?
2. What station does Irina work out of?
3. What is the name of the Hong Kong agent that Tarr talks to about Irina?
4. Who is the number two man at London Station?
5. What year is Karla arrested on immigration charges?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)