|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the sailor apologize to Kitty?
2. Which of the following cannot be used to describe Elsie?
3. Who is renting the room in the hotel in Act 3?
4. Which of the following is not part of Krupp's philosophy of life?
5. Who arrives at Kitty's room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of life. Identify at least two themes about life in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)