|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise does Kitty hear coming from another room?
2. What is Kitty doing when Act 3 opens?
3. What is Kitty putting in her hair?
4. Which of the following is not one of the topics Kit Carson expounds on?
5. Which character mimics everything Nick says?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Saroyan use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2What is the role of Nick's daughter? What is the role of Nick's mother? Why does the author insert them into the story especially in such limited ways? Is this the author's way of exploring Nick's character through his reactions to them? Explain.
Essay Topic 3The role of a melting pot of characters is an important element in this story. Cite three examples noting the role of this motley crew in general. Then cite three examples that showcase characteristics that these individuals share.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)