|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Kitty's room?
2. What does Krupp claim that he wants to do out of frustration with his life?
3. What noise does Kitty hear coming from another room?
4. In what room of the hotel does Act 3 take place?
5. What does Kitty say that she wanted to be when she grew up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of life. Identify at least two themes about life in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Nick, Joe, Tom and Kitty. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses several instances of irony in the book. One example is the lesson in humility that the humble Tom teaches the arrogant Joe who is usually the one doling out lessons with money. Cite at least three other examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)