|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kit Carson do when the phone rings?
2. In what room of the hotel does Act 3 take place?
3. Why does Joe want to get a car?
4. Which of the following is not part of Krupp's philosophy of life?
5. What do Harry and Wesley do when the Arab begins to play his harmonica?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE is set in 1939--following the Great Depression in America and before the start of World War II. What impact did these two major events have on Saroyan? What impact did they have on his work, especially THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE. Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of Nick's daughter? What is the role of Nick's mother? Why does the author insert them into the story especially in such limited ways? Is this the author's way of exploring Nick's character through his reactions to them? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)