|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is Nick?
2. What is the woman's first name?
3. How often does Joe say that he drinks?
4. What does Joe want Tom to get for him?
5. Why does Nick think so many different types of people come to his bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Lady's reactions to Joe's behavior?
2. What is the bet that Joe makes with Tom?
3. How does Tom behave when he discovers Kitty is a prostitute?
4. Describe Joe's introspective mood tonight.
5. What activity in the hallway interrupts Kitty's melancholy state?
6. What are some of the outrageous stories that Kit tells about his life?
7. What does Joe want Tom to do with the gun?
8. What things does Joe tell Tom to buy?
9. How is Harry described in Act 1?
10. What toy do Tom and Joe bring Kitty to cheer her up?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The marble machine almost becomes a character in the book because it plays such an important role in the story. Explain how an inanimate object can be a character in a story and how the marble machine "interacted" with the "other" characters. Cite three examples to support your claim.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Nick, Joe, Tom and Kitty. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 1,302 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)