|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the men dances with Kitty?
2. Why does Joe give Tom a nickel?
3. Why is Dudley so excited after receiving a phone call?
4. What is Dudley R. Bostwick's greatest need?
5. Which of these items is Kitty not talking about in her melancholy state?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kitty respond when Nick insinuates that she is a prostitute?
2. What role do music and creativity play in the drama?
3. Describe Joe's introspective mood tonight.
4. On what topic does Tom uncharacteristically challenge Joe?
5. What effect does Elsie have on Dudley when he finally sees her?
6. What problems to people seem to create for themselves according to Krupp?
7. What is Joe's opinion on work and money?
8. What does Tom tell Kitty that he wanted to be as a small boy?
9. How does Joe verbally keep Tom in a subordinate position?
10. What does Joe want Tom to do with the gun?
Essay Topic 1
THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE is a classic story of living life to the fullest. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study on Nick. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study on Joe. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,818 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)