|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is McCarthy?
2. What does Kit give the men in the bar all night?
3. What does Joe say that people spend 23 boring hours doing each day?
4. Which of the following characteristics does not describe Tom?
5. Which of the following does Nick not say his bar attracts?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author foreshadow some conflict regarding the character of Blick?
2. How are the longshoreman, McCarthy, and the policeman, Krupp, described in Act 2?
3. What is the setting for Act 3?
4. Why does Tom want to give Joe's recently purchased toys to Kitty?
5. How does Joe react to Tom's question?
6. What things does Joe tell Tom to buy?
7. How does Kitty take advantage of Tom's naivete and feelings of love for her?
8. How does the author use the different characters to show the different elements that make up American society?
9. What is the Lady's reactions to Joe's behavior?
10. How does Blick intimidate Kitty into humiliating behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE is a classic story of living life to the fullest. What does that classification entail? Why does this play fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of evolution of character is an important one in this story. Describe how it extends through setting, character and issues and provide examples for each.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the play's title. What did the author mean by calling the play THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 1,232 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)