|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joe tells Kitty that she will always be safe because ___________ will be there for her.
(c) Her father.
2. Which one of the men is in love with Kitty?
3. What does the Arab tell Krupp when he wants to quit the police force?
(a) "No foundation in that kind of thinking."
(b) "Jobs like that are a dime a dozen."
(c) "Hey, it's a free country."
(d) "No foundation, all the way down the line."
4. Why had Krupp engaged Nick in a conversation about quitting the police force?
(a) He wants Nick's help in finding another job.
(b) He just needed to talk about his job.
(c) He wants to do on disability.
(d) He values Nick's opinion.
5. According to Elsie, what are people incapable of protecting themselves against?
(a) The pain of losing someone they love.
(d) The pain of loving another person.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Krupp say he is going to quit the police force?
2. What does Kit Carson do when the phone rings?
3. Kitty's mood lifts a bit at the thought of _____________.
4. Which of the following does the drunk not ask God to bless in his toast?
5. Where has the Arab worked during his lifetime?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)