|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe give Tom a nickel?
(a) To buy candy.
(b) To play the marble game.
(c) To play the phonograph.
(d) To buy ice cream.
2. What nationality is the newsboy?
3. What musical instrument does Wesley play?
4. What type of performer was Kitty at one time?
5. Who is the young black man to whom Nick gives a free lunch?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a black mustache that curls up on the ends?
2. Who is Krupp?
3. In what city is Nick's Pacific Street Saloon, Restaurant and Entertainment Palace located?
4. What does Joe ask Mary to do?
5. What is the name of the horse that Joe claims to have won?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Dudley described in Act 1?
2. How does Kitty take advantage of Tom's naivete and feelings of love for her?
3. How does Tom play into Kitty's childhood dreams of what she wanted for her life?
4. What do Tom and Kitty symbolize for Joe/
5. What problems to people seem to create for themselves according to Krupp?
6. What is the setting for Act 1 of THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE?
7. How does the author foreshadow some conflict regarding the character of Blick?
8. What activity in the hallway interrupts Kitty's melancholy state?
9. What is the ritual between Joe and the newsboy?
10. What gesture of kindness does Joe do for Tom which completely surprises Tom?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)