|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the initials on the bag of a woman Joe is fixated on?
2. Which of the following does Nick not say his bar attracts?
(a) Talent that doesn't show itself.
(b) College professors.
(c) Champagne buyers.
(d) Whores claiming to be ladies.
3. Who is the frightening woman who Dudley invites to the bar?
4. How often does Joe say that he drinks?
(a) Only when he's depressed.
(b) Only when he's thirsty.
(c) Only when he's awake.
(d) Only when he's bored.
5. Who is Krupp?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A baker.
(c) The mayor.
(d) An electrician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom want to give to Kitty to stop her crying?
2. Which of the following characteristics does not describe Tom?
3. Why is Dudley so excited after receiving a phone call?
4. Which one of the men dances with Kitty?
5. Which of the following is not something Tom associates with Joe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nick show his soft-hearted side to those who are down on their luck?
2. How is Nick's character further revealed in Act 4?
3. What betting advice does Joe give Nick in Act 2?
4. What toy do Tom and Joe bring Kitty to cheer her up?
5. What role do music and creativity play in the drama?
6. What do Tom and Kitty symbolize for Joe/
7. How does the author show that Joe is trying to be a better person?
8. What gesture of kindness does Joe do for Tom which completely surprises Tom?
9. What effect does Elsie have on Dudley when he finally sees her?
10. What is the ritual between Joe and the newsboy?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)