|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry do while the other men in the bar engage in a spirited conversation?
(a) Works on his dance routine.
(b) Plays the marble machine.
(c) Plays the phonograph.
(d) Reads the newspaper.
2. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
(a) Some Cuban cigars.
(b) Theater tickets.
(c) A map of Europe and a gun.
(d) A case of champagne.
3. What game does Willie love to play?
(d) Marble game.
4. On what date does Nick tell the newsboy to return?
(a) April 7 of next year.
(b) November 7 of next year.
(c) June 7 of next year.
(d) August 7 of next year.
5. What are the initials on the bag of a woman Joe is fixated on?
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is the newsboy?
2. How much time has passed since the first act?
3. Who had saved Tom's life?
4. What type of performer was Kitty at one time?
5. Joe is always eager, yet always ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Joe's opinion on work and money?
2. What is the setting for Act 3?
3. What does Tom tell Kitty that he wanted to be as a small boy?
4. What is the setting for Act 4?
5. Describe Joe's introspective mood tonight.
6. How does the author use humor in Kit Carson's character in Act 4?
7. What are some of the outrageous stories that Kit tells about his life?
8. How is Dudley described in Act 1?
9. How is Harry described in Act 1?
10. How do Nick and the bar serve a purpose for Krupp who is in distress over the state of his life and the world in general?
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)