|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of song does Joe want to hear?
(b) Big Band.
2. Who is McCarthy?
(a) A longshoreman.
(b) A beer truck driver.
(c) A tax accountant.
(d) A City Council member.
3. Why does Blick threaten to close down Nick's bar?
(a) There are hookers working there.
(b) The food license is not current.
(c) The liquor license is expired.
(d) The building does not meet the fire safety code.
4. What is Dudley R. Bostwick's greatest need?
(a) To find an apartment.
(b) To find a job.
(c) To find a woman.
(d) To find his parents.
5. Tom tells Joe that he has had a problem with _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman's first name?
2. Why does Joe give Tom a nickel?
3. For whom does Joe call out and then whistle for?
4. Why is Dudley so excited after receiving a phone call?
5. Which of these items is Kitty not talking about in her melancholy state?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the usually skeptical Joe know that Tom and Kitty love each other?
2. How is Nick described in Act 1?
3. How is Harry described in Act 1?
4. How does the author show Kitty's distress through her body language?
5. How is Kitty Duval described in Act 1?
6. How does Kitty take advantage of Tom's naivete and feelings of love for her?
7. How does Tom behave when he discovers Kitty is a prostitute?
8. What is the setting for Act 5?
9. How does the author use the different characters to show the different elements that make up American society?
10. On what topic does Tom uncharacteristically challenge Joe?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)