|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What musical instrument does Wesley play?
2. Which one of Nick's family members comes into the bar and delights Nick with his/her presence?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His mother.
3. What is the name of the horse that Joe claims to have won?
(a) Just In Time.
(b) Just Precious.
(c) Precious Moment.
(d) Precious Time.
4. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
(a) A case of champagne.
(b) A map of Europe and a gun.
(c) Some Cuban cigars.
(d) Theater tickets.
5. What is the name of the horse Joe tells Nick to bet on?
(a) Sweetie Pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is the newsboy?
2. Which of the following does Nick not say his bar attracts?
3. Who is the frightening woman who Dudley invites to the bar?
4. What song does the newsboy sing?
5. For what reason does Tom uncharacteristically admonish Joe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the longshoreman, McCarthy, and the policeman, Krupp, described in Act 2?
2. How does Joe engage the woman sitting alone at the center table in the bar?
3. How is Dudley described in Act 1?
4. What is it that Tom wants to ask Joe and what prompts his need to ask?
5. How does the author show that Joe is trying to be a better person?
6. Describe Joe's introspective mood tonight.
7. What things does Joe tell Tom to buy?
8. How is Nick described in Act 1?
9. What is the setting for Act 2?
10. How does the author show Kitty's distress through her body language?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)