|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is Nick's Pacific Street Saloon, Restaurant and Entertainment Palace located?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) San Jose.
(c) San Diego.
(d) San Luis Obispo.
2. What is the letter on the front of Willie's sweater?
3. Who is the young black man to whom Nick gives a free lunch?
4. Who has a black mustache that curls up on the ends?
(a) The Arab.
5. What song does the newsboy sing?
(a) "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling"
(b) "I Dream of Jeannie with the Light Brown Hair"
(c) "I'll Take You Home Kathleen"
(d) "The Yellow Rose of Texas"
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality do Joe and the woman share?
2. What does Joe make Tom do while the music plays?
3. How often does Joe say that he drinks?
4. What is the name of the horse that Joe claims to have won?
5. Kitty is very melancholy with memories of ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does Elsie have on Dudley when he finally sees her?
2. How is Joe described in Act 1?
3. On what topic does Tom uncharacteristically challenge Joe?
4. What is the setting for Act 5?
5. What is the Lady's reactions to Joe's behavior?
6. How is Harry described in Act 1?
7. How does Nick show his soft-hearted side to those who are down on their luck?
8. What gesture of kindness does Joe do for Tom which completely surprises Tom?
9. What happens when Willie finally beats the marble machine?
10. What does Krupp think people want in their lives?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)