|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe do with all the newspapers he buys from the newsboy?
(a) Saves articles for scrapbooks.
(b) Throws them aside.
(c) Cuts coupons.
(d) Lines birdcages.
2. What does Tom realize he needs in order to marry Kitty?
(a) An education.
(c) A new suit.
(d) A house.
3. How often does Joe say that he drinks?
(a) Only when he's awake.
(b) Only when he's depressed.
(c) Only when he's thirsty.
(d) Only when he's bored.
4. In what city is Nick's Pacific Street Saloon, Restaurant and Entertainment Palace located?
(a) San Diego.
(b) San Jose.
(c) San Luis Obispo.
(d) San Francisco.
5. What does Nick yell at Willie?
(a) "You can't beat the machine!!!"
(b) "One more for the road?"
(c) "You have a phone call!"
(d) "Closing time, Willie!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Krupp?
2. What does Joe make Tom do while the music plays?
3. Who had saved Tom's life?
4. What song does the newsboy sing?
5. What does Kit give the men in the bar all night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gesture of kindness does Joe do for Tom which completely surprises Tom?
2. What is the setting for Act 4?
3. How is Kitty Duval described in Act 1?
4. Why is the appearance of Nick's daughter such an emotional experience for him?
5. Why does Tom want to give Joe's recently purchased toys to Kitty?
6. How does the usually skeptical Joe know that Tom and Kitty love each other?
7. How is Tom described in Act 1?
8. What is Joe's opinion on work and money?
9. How does Tom play into Kitty's childhood dreams of what she wanted for her life?
10. What role do music and creativity play in the drama?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)