|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of performer was Kitty at one time?
2. What does Kit give the men in the bar all night?
(a) Wild stories.
(c) Nickels for games.
(d) Free beer.
3. Who is Murphy?
(a) A traveling salesman.
(b) A beer salesman.
(c) A vagrant.
(d) An old trapper.
4. What does Joe want Tom to get for him?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A candy bar.
(c) Some coffee.
(d) A watermelon.
5. How did Joe save Tom's life?
(a) Fed him chicken soup when he was ill.
(b) Intervened in a mugging.
(c) Gave him a kidney.
(d) Rescued him from a fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe do with all the newspapers he buys from the newsboy?
2. What song does the newsboy sing?
3. What is the name of the horse that Joe claims to have won?
4. What nationality is Nick?
5. What does Tom realize he needs in order to marry Kitty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Krupp think people want in their lives?
2. What effect does Elsie have on Dudley when he finally sees her?
3. What is the setting for Act 5?
4. How does Tom react to the sailor beating on Kitty's door?
5. How is Harry described in Act 1?
6. How does Nick show his soft-hearted side to those who are down on their luck?
7. On what topic does Tom uncharacteristically challenge Joe?
8. What is the setting for Act 1 of THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE?
9. Who is the old man and how does he ingratiate himself into the activities at the bar?
10. How does the author use the different characters to show the different elements that make up American society?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)