|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the initials on the bag of a woman Joe is fixated on?
2. Which of the following does Nick not say his bar attracts?
(a) College professors.
(b) Talent that doesn't show itself.
(c) Champagne buyers.
(d) Whores claiming to be ladies.
3. Which of the following does not describe Tom?
(b) Very large.
(d) Childish face.
4. What type of performer was Kitty at one time?
5. What does Harry do while the other men in the bar engage in a spirited conversation?
(a) Plays the phonograph.
(b) Reads the newspaper.
(c) Works on his dance routine.
(d) Plays the marble machine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the young black man to whom Nick gives a free lunch?
2. Tom never acknowledges that Kitty could be ______________.
3. What does Tom want to give to Kitty to stop her crying?
4. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
5. What musical instrument does Wesley play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kitty respond when Nick insinuates that she is a prostitute?
2. What is the bet that Joe makes with Tom?
3. What is the setting for Act 1 of THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE?
4. What is the setting for Act 4?
5. What activity in the hallway interrupts Kitty's melancholy state?
6. How does Nick show his soft-hearted side to those who are down on their luck?
7. What are some of the outrageous stories that Kit tells about his life?
8. Explain Tom's discomfort in engaging in Kitty's daydreams.
9. How does the author show Kitty's distress through her body language?
10. How does the usually skeptical Joe know that Tom and Kitty love each other?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)