|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Krupp?
(a) A baker.
(b) The mayor.
(c) An electrician.
(d) A police officer.
2. What is Murphy's real name?
(a) Kit Carson.
(b) Bill Hickock.
(c) Wyatt Earp.
(d) Johnny Carson.
3. Why does Joe decide to unexpectedly accompany Tom to see Kitty?
(a) To offer her a job.
(b) To give her a bus ticket.
(c) To offer her tuition money.
(d) To stop her from crying.
4. Who is the woman who enters the bar and mesmerizes Tom?
(a) Kitty Dulaney.
(b) Kitty Katz.
(c) Kitty Devon.
(d) Kitty Duval.
5. What nationality do Joe and the woman share?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Wesley so excited when he returns to the bar?
2. What is Dudley R. Bostwick's greatest need?
3. Joe is always eager, yet always ____________.
4. Who is Murphy?
5. Which of the following does Nick not say his bar attracts?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Nick and the bar serve a purpose for Krupp who is in distress over the state of his life and the world in general?
2. What is the ritual between Joe and the newsboy?
3. How does the author show that Joe is trying to be a better person?
4. Why does Tom want to give Joe's recently purchased toys to Kitty?
5. How does the author foreshadow some conflict regarding the character of Blick?
6. Explain Tom's discomfort in engaging in Kitty's daydreams.
7. A man called The Arab has a standard answer for everything. What does the Arab say?
8. What is it that Tom wants to ask Joe and what prompts his need to ask?
9. What problems to people seem to create for themselves according to Krupp?
10. What things does Joe tell Tom to buy?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)