|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality is the newsboy?
2. What is Dudley R. Bostwick's greatest need?
(a) To find a job.
(b) To find his parents.
(c) To find an apartment.
(d) To find a woman.
3. How often does Joe say that he drinks?
(a) Only when he's awake.
(b) Only when he's thirsty.
(c) Only when he's depressed.
(d) Only when he's bored.
4. Joe is always eager, yet always ____________.
5. What does Nick yell at Willie?
(a) "One more for the road?"
(b) "You can't beat the machine!!!"
(c) "You have a phone call!"
(d) "Closing time, Willie!"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry think his purpose is in the world?
2. What does Joe make Tom do while the music plays?
3. What beverage does Joe buy for Kitty?
4. What type of song does Joe want to hear?
5. What musical instrument does Wesley play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show Kitty's distress through her body language?
2. How is Nick described in Act 1?
3. What is the setting for Act 2?
4. What is the ritual between Joe and the newsboy?
5. How is Kitty Duval described in Act 1?
6. What things does Joe tell Tom to buy?
7. How do Nick and the bar serve a purpose for Krupp who is in distress over the state of his life and the world in general?
8. What activity in the hallway interrupts Kitty's melancholy state?
9. How does Tom react to the sailor beating on Kitty's door?
10. What is the Lady's reactions to Joe's behavior?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)