|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Tom associates with Joe?
(a) Having drinks.
(b) Never running out of money.
(c) Sitting around all day.
(d) Going to work.
2. What city have Joe and Mary both visited?
3. How does Willie acknowledge people?
(a) Gives a little wave.
(b) Tips his hat.
(c) Salutes with one finger.
4. What song does the newsboy sing?
(a) "The Yellow Rose of Texas"
(b) "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling"
(c) "I'll Take You Home Kathleen"
(d) "I Dream of Jeannie with the Light Brown Hair"
5. What does Harry do while the other men in the bar engage in a spirited conversation?
(a) Plays the phonograph.
(b) Plays the marble machine.
(c) Works on his dance routine.
(d) Reads the newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe do with all the newspapers he buys from the newsboy?
2. Who is the young black man to whom Nick gives a free lunch?
3. Which one of the men dances with Kitty?
4. What is the Arab's stock reply to almost everything?
5. Which of the following does not describe Tom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Lady's reactions to Joe's behavior?
2. How does Kitty respond when Nick insinuates that she is a prostitute?
3. Who is the old man and how does he ingratiate himself into the activities at the bar?
4. How does Tom react to the sailor beating on Kitty's door?
5. What do Tom and Kitty symbolize for Joe/
6. What is the setting for Act 3?
7. How is Harry described in Act 1?
8. How does Blick intimidate Kitty into humiliating behavior?
9. How is Nick's character further revealed in Act 4?
10. Describe Joe's introspective mood tonight.
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)