|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the young black man to whom Nick gives a free lunch?
2. What song does the newsboy sing?
(a) "I'll Take You Home Kathleen"
(b) "The Yellow Rose of Texas"
(c) "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling"
(d) "I Dream of Jeannie with the Light Brown Hair"
3. Which of the following characteristics does not describe Tom?
4. What is the woman's first name?
5. On what date does Nick tell the newsboy to return?
(a) November 7 of next year.
(b) June 7 of next year.
(c) August 7 of next year.
(d) April 7 of next year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe say that people spend 23 boring hours doing each day?
2. Who has a black mustache that curls up on the ends?
3. What does Tom realize he needs in order to marry Kitty?
4. What does Joe want Tom to get for him?
5. Which of the following is not something Tom associates with Joe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show Kitty's distress through her body language?
2. How is Nick's character further revealed in Act 4?
3. What job does Nick agree to pay Wesley to do?
4. What is the ritual between Joe and the newsboy?
5. What effect does Elsie have on Dudley when he finally sees her?
6. Why does Tom want to give Joe's recently purchased toys to Kitty?
7. What is the setting for Act 2?
8. What life mystery do Krupp and Nick try to determine?
9. How is Harry described in Act 1?
10. What is the setting for Act 5?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)