|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Wesley so excited when he returns to the bar?
(a) He is accepted at the college he really wants to attend.
(b) Nick is going to pay him to play the piano.
(c) His girlfriend has come back.
(d) His home loan was approved.
2. What does Tom want to give to Kitty to stop her crying?
(a) An emerald ring.
(b) A fur coat.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) Joe's toys.
3. What does Joe want Tom to get for him?
(a) A candy bar.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) Some coffee.
(d) A watermelon.
4. Who buys all the papers the newsboy has?
(b) The Arab.
5. Who is the young black man to whom Nick gives a free lunch?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dudley so excited after receiving a phone call?
2. What is Dudley R. Bostwick's greatest need?
3. How did Joe save Tom's life?
4. What is Murphy's real name?
5. Which of the following is not something Tom associates with Joe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the usually skeptical Joe know that Tom and Kitty love each other?
2. What is the setting for Act 2?
3. How does the author foreshadow some conflict regarding the character of Blick?
4. How does Joe react to Tom's question?
5. What happens when Willie finally beats the marble machine?
6. How does the author show Kitty's distress through her body language?
7. What is the ritual between Joe and the newsboy?
8. How is Harry described in Act 1?
9. How is Joe described in Act 1?
10. What life mystery do Krupp and Nick try to determine?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)