|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the woman who enters the bar and mesmerizes Tom?
(a) Kitty Devon.
(b) Kitty Dulaney.
(c) Kitty Duval.
(d) Kitty Katz.
2. What does Harry do while the other men in the bar engage in a spirited conversation?
(a) Reads the newspaper.
(b) Plays the phonograph.
(c) Plays the marble machine.
(d) Works on his dance routine.
3. What song does the newsboy sing?
(a) "The Yellow Rose of Texas"
(b) "I Dream of Jeannie with the Light Brown Hair"
(c) "I'll Take You Home Kathleen"
(d) "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling"
4. Why does Blick threaten to close down Nick's bar?
(a) The building does not meet the fire safety code.
(b) There are hookers working there.
(c) The liquor license is expired.
(d) The food license is not current.
5. What game does Willie love to play?
(b) Marble game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom realize he needs in order to marry Kitty?
2. What does Harry think his purpose is in the world?
3. Who is McCarthy?
4. Which of the following does not describe Tom?
5. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Elsie and Dudly's perspectives on loving without pain?
2. What activity in the hallway interrupts Kitty's melancholy state?
3. On what topic does Tom uncharacteristically challenge Joe?
4. What is the ritual between Joe and the newsboy?
5. How is Dudley described in Act 1?
6. How does the author show that Joe is trying to be a better person?
7. How does Joe verbally keep Tom in a subordinate position?
8. What are some of the outrageous stories that Kit tells about his life?
9. How does Tom react to the sailor beating on Kitty's door?
10. What does Tom tell Kitty that he wanted to be as a small boy?
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)