|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman's first name?
2. How often does Joe say that he drinks?
(a) Only when he's thirsty.
(b) Only when he's depressed.
(c) Only when he's bored.
(d) Only when he's awake.
3. Which one of Nick's family members comes into the bar and delights Nick with his/her presence?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His brother.
4. What are the initials on the bag of a woman Joe is fixated on?
5. Who had saved Tom's life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of the men dances with Kitty?
2. Who is McCarthy?
3. What does Nick yell at Willie?
4. What does Joe want Tom to get for him?
5. For whom does Joe call out and then whistle for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tom play into Kitty's childhood dreams of what she wanted for her life?
2. How does Kitty take advantage of Tom's naivete and feelings of love for her?
3. On what topic does Tom uncharacteristically challenge Joe?
4. How is Tom described in Act 1?
5. What is the Lady's reactions to Joe's behavior?
6. How is Joe described in Act 1?
7. What activity in the hallway interrupts Kitty's melancholy state?
8. How are the longshoreman, McCarthy, and the policeman, Krupp, described in Act 2?
9. What job does Nick agree to pay Wesley to do?
10. What are some of the outrageous stories that Kit tells about his life?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)