|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Blick threaten to close down Nick's bar?
(a) There are hookers working there.
(b) The liquor license is expired.
(c) The food license is not current.
(d) The building does not meet the fire safety code.
2. Who has a black mustache that curls up on the ends?
(c) The Arab.
3. Why does Joe decide to unexpectedly accompany Tom to see Kitty?
(a) To offer her a job.
(b) To stop her from crying.
(c) To offer her tuition money.
(d) To give her a bus ticket.
4. What song does the newsboy sing?
(a) "I Dream of Jeannie with the Light Brown Hair"
(b) "I'll Take You Home Kathleen"
(c) "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling"
(d) "The Yellow Rose of Texas"
5. What is the letter on the front of Willie's sweater?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman's first name?
2. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
3. Harry wants Nick to hire him as a ________________.
4. What is Joe doing at a table by himself?
5. What does Harry do while the other men in the bar engage in a spirited conversation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Joe's introspective mood tonight.
2. What does Joe want Tom to do with the gun?
3. What problems to people seem to create for themselves according to Krupp?
4. How does Tom behave when he discovers Kitty is a prostitute?
5. How does Nick show his soft-hearted side to those who are down on their luck?
6. What is the bet that Joe makes with Tom?
7. What is the setting for Act 1 of THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE?
8. What is it that Tom wants to ask Joe and what prompts his need to ask?
9. Why does Tom want to give Joe's recently purchased toys to Kitty?
10. What toy do Tom and Joe bring Kitty to cheer her up?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)