|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman's first name?
2. What does Joe ask Mary to do?
(b) Go to dinner.
(c) Marry him.
3. What does Kit give the men in the bar all night?
(b) Wild stories.
(c) Free beer.
(d) Nickels for games.
4. Kitty is very melancholy with memories of ___________________.
(a) School days.
(b) Her ex-husband.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her grandmother.
5. Although the men in the bar think Harry is a good dancer, they are less enthusiastic about his ______________ skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joe doing at a table by himself?
2. Who is the woman who enters the bar and mesmerizes Tom?
3. What is Dudley R. Bostwick's greatest need?
4. Who is the girl that Dudley wants to marry?
5. What is the name of the horse Joe tells Nick to bet on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tom behave when he discovers Kitty is a prostitute?
2. How does the usually skeptical Joe know that Tom and Kitty love each other?
3. What happens when Willie finally beats the marble machine?
4. What are Elsie and Dudly's perspectives on loving without pain?
5. What life mystery do Krupp and Nick try to determine?
6. What is the Lady's reactions to Joe's behavior?
7. How does the author use humor in Kit Carson's character in Act 4?
8. What is the setting for Act 3?
9. How does the author show Kitty's distress through her body language?
10. How does Joe explain Tom's love for Kitty and how Kitty deserves to have a nicer life?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)