|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the young black man to whom Nick gives a free lunch?
2. Although the men in the bar think Harry is a good dancer, they are less enthusiastic about his ______________ skills.
3. Which of the following does not describe Tom?
(a) Childish face.
(c) Very large.
4. For whom does Joe call out and then whistle for?
(a) The newsboy.
5. What stage name does Joe insist on calling Kitty?
(a) Kitty Katz.
(b) Miss Duval.
(c) Miss Divine.
(d) Miss Fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Nick not say his bar attracts?
2. What does Tom realize he needs in order to marry Kitty?
3. What is Murphy's real name?
4. What beverage does Joe buy for Kitty?
5. Tom tells Joe that he has had a problem with _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems to people seem to create for themselves according to Krupp?
2. How is Tom described in Act 1?
3. How does Joe explain Tom's love for Kitty and how Kitty deserves to have a nicer life?
4. What are some of the outrageous stories that Kit tells about his life?
5. What are Elsie and Dudly's perspectives on loving without pain?
6. How does the author use the different characters to show the different elements that make up American society?
7. How does Kitty take advantage of Tom's naivete and feelings of love for her?
8. What job does Nick agree to pay Wesley to do?
9. What toy do Tom and Joe bring Kitty to cheer her up?
10. How is Joe described in Act 1?
This section contains 1,206 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)