|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has passed since the first act?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two hours.
2. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
(a) A map of Europe and a gun.
(b) A case of champagne.
(c) Some Cuban cigars.
(d) Theater tickets.
3. What musical instrument does Wesley play?
4. Which of these items is Kitty not talking about in her melancholy state?
(a) Family home.
(b) Family dog.
(c) College days.
(d) Dead brother.
5. What nationality is the newsboy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joe doing at a table by himself?
2. Which one of Nick's family members comes into the bar and delights Nick with his/her presence?
3. Why does Joe decide to unexpectedly accompany Tom to see Kitty?
4. What stage name does Joe insist on calling Kitty?
5. What city have Joe and Mary both visited?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the appearance of Nick's daughter such an emotional experience for him?
2. How does Nick show his soft-hearted side to those who are down on their luck?
3. What job does Nick agree to pay Wesley to do?
4. How does the author foreshadow some conflict regarding the character of Blick?
5. What are some of the outrageous stories that Kit tells about his life?
6. What is the setting for Act 4?
7. How is Nick described in Act 1?
8. What is the setting for Act 5?
9. What activity in the hallway interrupts Kitty's melancholy state?
10. What does Tom tell Kitty that he wanted to be as a small boy?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)