|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joe is always eager, yet always ____________.
2. What nationality is the newsboy?
3. What is the Arab's stock reply to almost everything?
(a) "No foundation, all the way down the line."
(b) "What goes around, comes around."
(c) "The early bird gets the worm."
(d) "Make hay while the sun shines."
4. In what city is Nick's Pacific Street Saloon, Restaurant and Entertainment Palace located?
(a) San Luis Obispo.
(b) San Diego.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) San Jose.
5. What does Joe make Tom do while the music plays?
(d) Sit and listen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these items is Kitty not talking about in her melancholy state?
2. What type of performer was Kitty at one time?
3. Which one of Nick's family members comes into the bar and delights Nick with his/her presence?
4. What city have Joe and Mary both visited?
5. What does Tom realize he needs in order to marry Kitty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tom tell Kitty that he wanted to be as a small boy?
2. How is Dudley described in Act 1?
3. How does Blick intimidate Kitty into humiliating behavior?
4. How is Nick described in Act 1?
5. What is it that Tom wants to ask Joe and what prompts his need to ask?
6. Why does Tom want to give Joe's recently purchased toys to Kitty?
7. What gesture of kindness does Joe do for Tom which completely surprises Tom?
8. How does Tom play into Kitty's childhood dreams of what she wanted for her life?
9. How does Joe explain Tom's love for Kitty and how Kitty deserves to have a nicer life?
10. How does Joe engage the woman sitting alone at the center table in the bar?
This section contains 1,336 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)