|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the horse that Joe claims to have won?
(a) Precious Moment.
(b) Precious Time.
(c) Just Precious.
(d) Just In Time.
2. How much time has passed since the first act?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
3. What does Joe say stopped him from crying as a young boy when his mother died?
4. Who had saved Tom's life?
5. What does Joe do with all the newspapers he buys from the newsboy?
(a) Cuts coupons.
(b) Throws them aside.
(c) Lines birdcages.
(d) Saves articles for scrapbooks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tom never acknowledges that Kitty could be ______________.
2. What beverage does Joe buy for Kitty?
3. Who is the young black man to whom Nick gives a free lunch?
4. Who buys all the papers the newsboy has?
5. Which one of the men dances with Kitty?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what topic does Tom uncharacteristically challenge Joe?
2. How is Tom described in Act 1?
3. What happens when Willie finally beats the marble machine?
4. How does the author show Kitty's distress through her body language?
5. How does Tom behave when he discovers Kitty is a prostitute?
6. How does Joe react to Tom's question?
7. What is the bet that Joe makes with Tom?
8. How does Kitty respond when Nick insinuates that she is a prostitute?
9. What is Joe's opinion on work and money?
10. How does Kitty take advantage of Tom's naivete and feelings of love for her?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)