|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality is Nick?
2. Although the men in the bar think Harry is a good dancer, they are less enthusiastic about his ______________ skills.
3. Tom never acknowledges that Kitty could be ______________.
(a) A thief.
(b) A hooker.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A brunette.
4. Who is the woman who enters the bar and mesmerizes Tom?
(a) Kitty Dulaney.
(b) Kitty Duval.
(c) Kitty Katz.
(d) Kitty Devon.
5. Why is Dudley so excited after receiving a phone call?
(a) He got a new job.
(b) His wife just had a baby.
(c) His home loan was approved.
(d) Elsie is coming to the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick yell at Willie?
2. What is Dudley R. Bostwick's greatest need?
3. Tom tells Joe that he has had a problem with _______________.
4. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
5. How much time has passed since the first act?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joe react to Tom's question?
2. How is Tom described in Act 1?
3. A man called The Arab has a standard answer for everything. What does the Arab say?
4. On what topic does Tom uncharacteristically challenge Joe?
5. How does Kitty respond when Nick insinuates that she is a prostitute?
6. What role do music and creativity play in the drama?
7. Why is the appearance of Nick's daughter such an emotional experience for him?
8. How does Joe engage the woman sitting alone at the center table in the bar?
9. What do Tom and Kitty symbolize for Joe/
10. What is the Lady's reactions to Joe's behavior?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)