|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Murphy's real name?
(a) Bill Hickock.
(b) Johnny Carson.
(c) Wyatt Earp.
(d) Kit Carson.
2. For whom does Joe call out and then whistle for?
(b) The newsboy.
3. What color hair does Nick, the bar owner, have?
4. What does Tom realize he needs in order to marry Kitty?
(a) An education.
(b) A new suit.
(d) A house.
5. Why does Joe decide to unexpectedly accompany Tom to see Kitty?
(a) To offer her a job.
(b) To stop her from crying.
(c) To offer her tuition money.
(d) To give her a bus ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverage does Joe buy for Kitty?
2. What does Joe do with all the newspapers he buys from the newsboy?
3. Although the men in the bar think Harry is a good dancer, they are less enthusiastic about his ______________ skills.
4. Why does Nick think so many different types of people come to his bar?
5. What musical instrument does Wesley play?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author foreshadow some conflict regarding the character of Blick?
2. How does the author use humor in Kit Carson's character in Act 4?
3. How does Joe engage the woman sitting alone at the center table in the bar?
4. How does Kitty take advantage of Tom's naivete and feelings of love for her?
5. What do Tom and Kitty symbolize for Joe/
6. How is Joe described in Act 1?
7. What activity in the hallway interrupts Kitty's melancholy state?
8. How does the author show Kitty's distress through her body language?
9. How does Joe explain Tom's love for Kitty and how Kitty deserves to have a nicer life?
10. How does Tom behave when he discovers Kitty is a prostitute?
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)