Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Krupp?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A baker.
(c) An electrician.
(d) The mayor.
2. What does Joe say stopped him from crying as a young boy when his mother died?
3. For whom does Joe call out and then whistle for?
(a) The newsboy.
4. What is the letter on the front of Willie's sweater?
5. Why does Nick think so many different types of people come to his bar?
(a) They feel at home there.
(b) The parking is free.
(c) The food is really good.
(d) The prices are low.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the woman's first name?
2. Who is the frightening woman who Dudley invites to the bar?
3. Who had saved Tom's life?
4. Why is Wesley so excited when he returns to the bar?
5. What does Joe want Tom to get for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Joe described in Act 1?
2. How does Kitty take advantage of Tom's naivete and feelings of love for her?
3. Explain Tom's discomfort in engaging in Kitty's daydreams.
4. How is Nick's character further revealed in Act 4?
5. How does Blick intimidate Kitty into humiliating behavior?
6. How does the usually skeptical Joe know that Tom and Kitty love each other?
7. What job does Nick agree to pay Wesley to do?
8. What betting advice does Joe give Nick in Act 2?
9. On what topic does Tom uncharacteristically challenge Joe?
10. What is the setting for Act 5?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)