|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe ask Mary to do?
(a) Go to dinner.
(d) Marry him.
2. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
(a) A case of champagne.
(b) A map of Europe and a gun.
(c) Theater tickets.
(d) Some Cuban cigars.
3. For whom does Joe call out and then whistle for?
(b) The newsboy.
4. Who is the woman who enters the bar and mesmerizes Tom?
(a) Kitty Katz.
(b) Kitty Dulaney.
(c) Kitty Devon.
(d) Kitty Duval.
5. Which one of Nick's family members comes into the bar and delights Nick with his/her presence?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed since the first act?
2. Who had saved Tom's life?
3. What is Joe doing at a table by himself?
4. What does Kit give the men in the bar all night?
5. What does Joe say that people spend 23 boring hours doing each day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Tom's discomfort in engaging in Kitty's daydreams.
2. Describe Joe's introspective mood tonight.
3. What activity in the hallway interrupts Kitty's melancholy state?
4. What is the setting for Act 5?
5. Who is the old man and how does he ingratiate himself into the activities at the bar?
6. What is it that Tom wants to ask Joe and what prompts his need to ask?
7. What gesture of kindness does Joe do for Tom which completely surprises Tom?
8. How does Joe react to Tom's question?
9. What toy do Tom and Joe bring Kitty to cheer her up?
10. How does the author foreshadow some conflict regarding the character of Blick?
This section contains 1,260 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)