|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry think his purpose is in the world?
(a) To be a good samaritan.
(b) To be a philanthropist.
(c) To bring laughter to the world.
(d) To be an educator.
2. What does Tom realize he needs in order to marry Kitty?
(a) A house.
(b) A new suit.
(d) An education.
3. What beverage does Joe buy for Kitty?
4. Who has a black mustache that curls up on the ends?
(d) The Arab.
5. What does Kit give the men in the bar all night?
(a) Nickels for games.
(b) Wild stories.
(c) Free beer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dudley R. Bostwick's greatest need?
2. Who is the woman who enters the bar and mesmerizes Tom?
3. Why does Nick think so many different types of people come to his bar?
4. How often does Joe say that he drinks?
5. What is the Arab's stock reply to almost everything?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting for Act 2?
2. How does the author use humor in Kit Carson's character in Act 4?
3. What is the setting for Act 4?
4. What are Elsie and Dudly's perspectives on loving without pain?
5. How is Harry described in Act 1?
6. What effect does Elsie have on Dudley when he finally sees her?
7. How is Nick's character further revealed in Act 4?
8. Explain Tom's discomfort in engaging in Kitty's daydreams.
9. What are some of the outrageous stories that Kit tells about his life?
10. What toy do Tom and Joe bring Kitty to cheer her up?
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)