|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what does Joe become transfixed?
(a) Kitty's face.
(b) A neon sign.
(c) The toy carousel.
(d) The television.
2. What was the Arab's profession?
(a) Oil rigger.
3. In what room of the hotel does Act 3 take place?
(a) Room 12.
(b) Room 21.
(c) Room 212.
(d) Room 1212.
4. What does Joe set on the floor by the bed in Kitty's room?
(a) Room service tray.
(d) Toy carousel.
5. Which of the following cannot be used to describe Elsie?
6. What kind of man had Kitty always wanted to fall in love with?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A writer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A painter.
7. Which one of the men is in love with Kitty?
8. Which of the following do Nick and Krupp not mention while talking about how wonderful the world is?
(a) Watching children play.
(b) Singing a song.
(c) Smelling roses.
(d) Smelling bacon.
9. Joe wants to go out to get ____________________.
(a) An automobile.
(b) Some cigars.
(c) Some champagne.
(d) Some dinner.
10. How could Kitty's mood be categorized?
11. What is Kitty wearing when Act 3 opens?
(a) A robe and slippers.
(b) A suit.
(c) A negligee.
(d) A dress.
12. Which of the following does Kitty not look at in the room?
(a) A photo of herself.
(b) The empty walls.
(c) The mirror.
(d) A newspaper.
13. Kitty's mood lifts a bit at the thought of _____________.
(a) A stiff drink.
(b) A hot bath.
(d) Going home for a visit.
14. How old is the sailor?
15. What is the name of the hotel for the setting of Act 3?
(a) New York Hotel.
(b) Just Inn Time.
(c) The Four Seasons.
(d) Holiday Inn Express.
Short Answer Questions
1. What noise does Kitty hear coming from another room?
2. What is the setting for Act 4?
3. In what state did Kitty grow up?
4. What is Elsie's last name?
5. Joe tells Kitty that she will always be safe because ___________ will be there for her.
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)