|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following do Nick and Krupp not mention while talking about how wonderful the world is?
(a) Smelling bacon.
(b) Singing a song.
(c) Watching children play.
(d) Smelling roses.
2. In what room of the hotel does Act 3 take place?
(a) Room 21.
(b) Room 212.
(c) Room 1212.
(d) Room 12.
3. Why does Joe want to get a car?
(a) So Tom and Kitty can spend a nice evening together.
(b) To go to a drive-in movie.
(c) To drive to Mexico tonight.
(d) To drive to Las Vegas tomorrow.
4. What can Joe tell from looking at Kitty and Tom?
(a) They will never marry.
(b) They are in love.
(c) They are ill-fated.
(d) They are too young to be in love.
5. What noise does Kitty hear coming from another room?
(a) Gun shot.
6. Where has the Arab worked during his lifetime?
(a) All over the world.
(b) San Francisco.
7. Who is Killer?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) An escaped criminal.
(d) A card shark.
8. How old is the sailor?
9. What noise is heard coming from the hallway outside Kitty's room?
10. What does Dudley do when he first sees Elsie?
(a) Grabs her.
(b) Makes a phone call.
11. In what state did Kitty grow up?
12. Tom is overwhelmed by Joe's _______________.
13. Why had Krupp engaged Nick in a conversation about quitting the police force?
(a) He just needed to talk about his job.
(b) He wants to do on disability.
(c) He wants Nick's help in finding another job.
(d) He values Nick's opinion.
14. What is Nick's daughter's name?
15. What does Kitty say that she wanted to be when she grew up?
(a) A dancer.
(b) A nurse.
(c) An actress.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe set on the floor by the bed in Kitty's room?
2. Which of the following does the drunk not ask God to bless in his toast?
3. Tom hears the sailor asking for _______________________.
4. Which of the following cannot be used to describe Elsie?
5. Why does the sailor apologize to Kitty?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)