|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is McCarthy's job?
(d) Cab driver.
2. What was the Arab's profession?
(c) Oil rigger.
3. What instrument does the Arab play?
4. Joe wants to go out to get ____________________.
(a) An automobile.
(b) Some cigars.
(c) Some champagne.
(d) Some dinner.
5. What is the drunk looking for?
(a) Nickels in the telephone chute.
(b) His car keys.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His shoes.
6. Which of the following cannot be used to describe Elsie?
7. What noise does Kitty hear coming from another room?
(a) Gun shot.
8. What about Kitty's appearance moves Tom?
(a) Her tears.
(b) Her streaked makeup.
(c) Her disheveled hair.
(d) Her torn stockings.
9. What does Nick give to the drunk?
(a) A place to sleep.
(b) His walking papers.
(c) A bottle and a shot glass.
(d) A free meal.
10. According to Elsie, what are people incapable of protecting themselves against?
(b) The pain of loving another person.
(d) The pain of losing someone they love.
11. What is Kitty putting in her hair?
(b) A ribbon.
(d) A comb.
12. What does Kitty do after looking at an old picture of herself?
(b) Smiles to herself.
(c) Laughs out loud.
(d) Hides it.
13. What seems to calm Krupp down so he can continue on his rounds?
(a) The music in the bar.
(b) Getting a raise.
(c) Having a few beers.
(d) Smoking some cigarettes.
14. What does the Arab tell Krupp when he wants to quit the police force?
(a) "No foundation in that kind of thinking."
(b) "No foundation, all the way down the line."
(c) "Hey, it's a free country."
(d) "Jobs like that are a dime a dozen."
15. Which of the following is not one of the topics Kit Carson expounds on?
(a) His four marriages.
(b) The three wars he's been in.
(c) Being the father of so many children he doesn't know their names.
(d) Whether Catholics are guaranteed a place in heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kitty say that she wanted to be when she grew up?
2. What was Dudley prepared to do if Elsie had not come?
3. Where has the Arab worked during his lifetime?
4. Which character mimics everything Nick says?
5. Who is Killer?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)