|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not part of Krupp's philosophy of life?
(a) People want to become millionaires.
(b) People want to make an honest buck.
(c) People want to protect their families.
(d) People want to get a little enjoyment out of life.
2. What does the Arab tell Krupp when he wants to quit the police force?
(a) "No foundation, all the way down the line."
(b) "Hey, it's a free country."
(c) "Jobs like that are a dime a dozen."
(d) "No foundation in that kind of thinking."
3. Nick receives an annoying phone call from whom?
(b) His beer distributor.
(c) His accountant.
(d) His ex-wife.
4. What does Krupp slam down on the bar?
(a) His money.
(b) His driver's license.
(c) His fist.
(d) His badge.
5. Tom is overwhelmed by Joe's _______________.
6. What does Kitty say that she wanted to be when she grew up?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A nurse.
(c) An actress.
(d) A dancer.
7. What is the setting for Act 4?
(a) Nick's bar.
(b) A train station.
(c) An alley.
(d) Kitty's room.
8. Where has the Arab worked during his lifetime?
(b) All over the world.
(c) San Francisco.
9. Who is renting the room in the hotel in Act 3?
10. What seems to calm Krupp down so he can continue on his rounds?
(a) Getting a raise.
(b) Having a few beers.
(c) The music in the bar.
(d) Smoking some cigarettes.
11. What does Joe set on the floor by the bed in Kitty's room?
(b) Toy carousel.
(d) Room service tray.
12. Joe tells Kitty that she will always be safe because ___________ will be there for her.
(c) Her father.
13. What about Kitty's appearance moves Tom?
(a) Her torn stockings.
(b) Her disheveled hair.
(c) Her tears.
(d) Her streaked makeup.
14. What instrument does the Arab play?
15. Why had Krupp engaged Nick in a conversation about quitting the police force?
(a) He just needed to talk about his job.
(b) He wants Nick's help in finding another job.
(c) He values Nick's opinion.
(d) He wants to do on disability.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick give Kit for helping out in the kitchen?
2. What is McCarthy's job?
3. In what room of the hotel does Act 3 take place?
4. What does Kit Carson do when the phone rings?
5. When does Krupp say he is going to quit the police force?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)