|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Krupp say he is going to quit the police force?
(b) A month or so.
(c) Next week.
2. Which of the following does the drunk not ask God to bless in his toast?
(b) The president.
(c) Small dogs.
(d) His wife.
3. What does Nick give Kit for helping out in the kitchen?
(a) A couple of beers.
(b) A couple of sandwiches.
(c) A couple cigars.
(d) A couple of dollars.
4. What is Nick's daughter's name?
5. What do Harry and Wesley do when the Arab begins to play his harmonica?
(a) Leave the bar.
(b) Yell at him to stop.
(c) Throw peanuts at him.
(d) Dance and play along.
6. Who is making the noise outside Kitty's room?
(a) A newlywed couple.
(b) A sailor.
(c) A maid.
(d) A young girl.
7. What is Kitty putting in her hair?
(a) A ribbon.
(b) A comb.
8. Which of the following is not part of Krupp's philosophy of life?
(a) People want to get a little enjoyment out of life.
(b) People want to become millionaires.
(c) People want to protect their families.
(d) People want to make an honest buck.
9. What does Kitty do after looking at an old picture of herself?
(a) Smiles to herself.
(b) Laughs out loud.
(c) Hides it.
10. What noise does Kitty hear coming from another room?
(c) Gun shot.
11. What does Tom promise the sailor?
(a) He'll kill him if he returns.
(b) He'll take him back to his ship.
(c) He'll buy him some beers.
(d) He'll treat him to dinner.
12. Where has the Arab worked during his lifetime?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) All over the world.
13. Kitty's mood lifts a bit at the thought of _____________.
(a) A hot bath.
(b) Going home for a visit.
(c) A stiff drink.
14. What about Kitty's appearance moves Tom?
(a) Her streaked makeup.
(b) Her disheveled hair.
(c) Her torn stockings.
(d) Her tears.
15. Kitty is upset when she sees _______________________.
(a) Her room service bill.
(b) Her reflection in the mirror.
(c) A telegram.
(d) Someone fall on the sidewalk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kitty doing when Act 3 opens?
2. What does Krupp claim that he wants to do out of frustration with his life?
3. What was the Arab's profession?
4. What does Krupp slam down on the bar?
5. Which one of the men is in love with Kitty?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)