|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dudley do when he first sees Elsie?
(a) Makes a phone call.
(c) Grabs her.
2. Joe tells Kitty that she will always be safe because ___________ will be there for her.
(c) Her father.
3. What instrument does the Arab play?
4. Which of the following do Nick and Krupp not mention while talking about how wonderful the world is?
(a) Singing a song.
(b) Smelling bacon.
(c) Watching children play.
(d) Smelling roses.
5. Why does the sailor apologize to Kitty?
(a) For making her neighbors angry.
(b) For interrupting while she has company.
(c) For waking her up.
(d) Because he is drunk.
6. Why does Joe want to get a car?
(a) To drive to Las Vegas tomorrow.
(b) So Tom and Kitty can spend a nice evening together.
(c) To go to a drive-in movie.
(d) To drive to Mexico tonight.
7. Kitty tries to hide herself _______________ but it doesn't work.
(a) In the bathroom.
(b) On the bed.
(c) Behind the curtains.
(d) In the closet.
8. What is Kit Carson doing as the scene opens?
9. Which of the following does Kitty not look at in the room?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) The mirror.
(c) A photo of herself.
(d) The empty walls.
10. What is Kitty doing when Act 3 opens?
(a) Sitting on the bed.
(b) Brushing her hair.
(c) Putting on her makeup.
(d) Reading a book.
11. Which of the following is not one of the topics Kit Carson expounds on?
(a) Whether Catholics are guaranteed a place in heaven.
(b) Being the father of so many children he doesn't know their names.
(c) His four marriages.
(d) The three wars he's been in.
12. What does Kitty do after looking at an old picture of herself?
(a) Smiles to herself.
(c) Laughs out loud.
(d) Hides it.
13. Krupp's job is interfering with his relationship with whom?
(b) His wife.
14. What is Elsie's last name?
15. What noise is heard coming from the hallway outside Kitty's room?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is renting the room in the hotel in Act 3?
2. What kind of animal does Nick call Blick?
3. Which of the following cannot be used to describe Elsie?
4. On what does Joe become transfixed?
5. Why had Krupp engaged Nick in a conversation about quitting the police force?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)