|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joe want to get a car?
(a) To go to a drive-in movie.
(b) To drive to Mexico tonight.
(c) To drive to Las Vegas tomorrow.
(d) So Tom and Kitty can spend a nice evening together.
2. What is Kitty wearing when Act 3 opens?
(a) A dress.
(b) A suit.
(c) A negligee.
(d) A robe and slippers.
3. What can Joe tell from looking at Kitty and Tom?
(a) They will never marry.
(b) They are in love.
(c) They are too young to be in love.
(d) They are ill-fated.
4. Kitty tries to hide herself _______________ but it doesn't work.
(a) Behind the curtains.
(b) On the bed.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the closet.
5. On what does Joe become transfixed?
(a) The television.
(b) A neon sign.
(c) The toy carousel.
(d) Kitty's face.
6. Where has the Arab worked during his lifetime?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) All over the world.
7. Nick receives an annoying phone call from whom?
(a) His beer distributor.
(c) His accountant.
(d) His ex-wife.
8. What does Nick give to the drunk?
(a) A free meal.
(b) His walking papers.
(c) A bottle and a shot glass.
(d) A place to sleep.
9. What does Dudley do when he first sees Elsie?
(c) Makes a phone call.
(d) Grabs her.
10. What does Krupp remind Nick about before leaving the bar?
(a) Locking his doors.
(b) Setting his alarm.
(c) Keeping the streetwalkers out.
(d) Not serving minors.
11. In what state did Kitty grow up?
12. What does Krupp claim that he wants to do out of frustration with his life?
(a) Take a vacation.
(b) Quit his job.
(c) Take a sabbatical.
(d) Find a new career.
13. Which character mimics everything Nick says?
14. What does Nick do after his daughter leaves the bar?
(b) Throws a glass.
(d) Plays the phonograph.
15. In what room of the hotel does Act 3 take place?
(a) Room 12.
(b) Room 212.
(c) Room 21.
(d) Room 1212.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kitty do after looking at an old picture of herself?
2. What does the Arab tell Krupp when he wants to quit the police force?
3. What is Nick's daughter's name?
4. Tom is overwhelmed by Joe's _______________.
5. Which of the following is not one of the topics Kit Carson expounds on?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)