|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Krupp say he is going to quit the police force?
(c) Next week.
(d) A month or so.
2. Which of the following is not part of Krupp's philosophy of life?
(a) People want to become millionaires.
(b) People want to make an honest buck.
(c) People want to protect their families.
(d) People want to get a little enjoyment out of life.
3. Which one of the men is in love with Kitty?
4. What seems to calm Krupp down so he can continue on his rounds?
(a) Smoking some cigarettes.
(b) Having a few beers.
(c) Getting a raise.
(d) The music in the bar.
5. What does Dudley do when he first sees Elsie?
(a) Makes a phone call.
(d) Grabs her.
6. What is the drunk looking for?
(a) His car keys.
(b) Nickels in the telephone chute.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His shoes.
7. What does Krupp slam down on the bar?
(a) His driver's license.
(b) His fist.
(c) His money.
(d) His badge.
8. What does Kitty say that she wanted to be when she grew up?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A nurse.
(d) An actress.
9. Which of the following do Nick and Krupp not mention while talking about how wonderful the world is?
(a) Smelling roses.
(b) Smelling bacon.
(c) Singing a song.
(d) Watching children play.
10. What is McCarthy's job?
(d) Cab driver.
11. What does Nick do after his daughter leaves the bar?
(b) Plays the phonograph.
(d) Throws a glass.
12. Who is renting the room in the hotel in Act 3?
13. Kitty is upset when she sees _______________________.
(a) Her reflection in the mirror.
(b) Someone fall on the sidewalk.
(c) Her room service bill.
(d) A telegram.
14. What does Joe set on the floor by the bed in Kitty's room?
(b) Toy carousel.
(d) Room service tray.
15. What is Kitty doing when Act 3 opens?
(a) Putting on her makeup.
(b) Reading a book.
(c) Sitting on the bed.
(d) Brushing her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Kitty's appearance moves Tom?
2. Which character mimics everything Nick says?
3. What does Kitty do after looking at an old picture of herself?
4. Which of the following does Kitty not look at in the room?
5. Where did Kitty get the dress she is wearing?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)