|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elsie's last name?
2. What instrument does the Arab play?
3. What is Nick's daughter's name?
4. Nick receives an annoying phone call from whom?
(a) His ex-wife.
(c) His accountant.
(d) His beer distributor.
5. What is McCarthy's job?
(c) Cab driver.
6. What was Dudley prepared to do if Elsie had not come?
(a) Go after her.
(b) Leave town.
(d) Marry someone else.
7. What does Krupp remind Nick about before leaving the bar?
(a) Locking his doors.
(b) Setting his alarm.
(c) Keeping the streetwalkers out.
(d) Not serving minors.
8. What does Kit Carson do when the phone rings?
(a) Tells Nick to get it.
(b) Answers it.
(c) Lets it ring.
(d) Jumps up and boxes an imaginary opponent.
9. Who is renting the room in the hotel in Act 3?
10. What does the Arab tell Krupp when he wants to quit the police force?
(a) "Jobs like that are a dime a dozen."
(b) "Hey, it's a free country."
(c) "No foundation in that kind of thinking."
(d) "No foundation, all the way down the line."
11. Why had Krupp engaged Nick in a conversation about quitting the police force?
(a) He just needed to talk about his job.
(b) He wants Nick's help in finding another job.
(c) He values Nick's opinion.
(d) He wants to do on disability.
12. What does Tom promise the sailor?
(a) He'll treat him to dinner.
(b) He'll buy him some beers.
(c) He'll kill him if he returns.
(d) He'll take him back to his ship.
13. Which of the following do Nick and Krupp not mention while talking about how wonderful the world is?
(a) Watching children play.
(b) Smelling bacon.
(c) Smelling roses.
(d) Singing a song.
14. In what room of the hotel does Act 3 take place?
(a) Room 12.
(b) Room 212.
(c) Room 1212.
(d) Room 21.
15. Tom hears the sailor asking for _______________________.
(a) A hot meal and a pot of coffee.
(b) The address of a strip club.
(c) The loveliest lay he's ever had.
(d) A cool room with clean sheets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kitty do after looking at an old picture of herself?
2. What is Kitty putting in her hair?
3. On what does Joe become transfixed?
4. What does Joe set on the floor by the bed in Kitty's room?
5. In what state did Kitty grow up?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)