|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Krupp claim that he wants to do out of frustration with his life?
(a) Quit his job.
(b) Find a new career.
(c) Take a vacation.
(d) Take a sabbatical.
2. Which of the following does Krupp not attribute to the world's problems?
(a) Everybody gambles.
(b) The Democrats are in office.
(c) People don't take it easy.
(d) Children sell themselves.
3. What noise does Kitty hear coming from another room?
(c) Gun shot.
4. Who is renting the room in the hotel in Act 3?
5. What does Krupp slam down on the bar?
(a) His badge.
(b) His money.
(c) His driver's license.
(d) His fist.
6. What does Tom promise the sailor?
(a) He'll treat him to dinner.
(b) He'll kill him if he returns.
(c) He'll buy him some beers.
(d) He'll take him back to his ship.
7. What does Kitty tell Tom?
(a) She is leaving town.
(b) She is going to kill herself.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She doesn't like her life.
8. Where has the Arab worked during his lifetime?
(a) All over the world.
(c) San Francisco.
9. What does Nick give to the drunk?
(a) A place to sleep.
(b) A free meal.
(c) A bottle and a shot glass.
(d) His walking papers.
10. Who arrives at Kitty's room?
(a) Tom and Joe.
(b) Tom and Wesley.
(c) Tom and the Arab.
(d) Tom and Nick.
11. On what does Joe become transfixed?
(a) A neon sign.
(b) The toy carousel.
(c) Kitty's face.
(d) The television.
12. What about Kitty's appearance moves Tom?
(a) Her streaked makeup.
(b) Her torn stockings.
(c) Her disheveled hair.
(d) Her tears.
13. Kitty's mood lifts a bit at the thought of _____________.
(a) A stiff drink.
(c) A hot bath.
(d) Going home for a visit.
14. Which of the following is not part of Krupp's philosophy of life?
(a) People want to become millionaires.
(b) People want to protect their families.
(c) People want to make an honest buck.
(d) People want to get a little enjoyment out of life.
15. Which of the following cannot be used to describe Elsie?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kit Carson do when the phone rings?
2. What was Dudley prepared to do if Elsie had not come?
3. What seems to calm Krupp down so he can continue on his rounds?
4. Tom hears the sailor asking for _______________________.
5. Why had Krupp engaged Nick in a conversation about quitting the police force?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)