|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom promise the sailor?
(a) He'll buy him some beers.
(b) He'll kill him if he returns.
(c) He'll take him back to his ship.
(d) He'll treat him to dinner.
2. What do Harry and Wesley do when the Arab begins to play his harmonica?
(a) Dance and play along.
(b) Yell at him to stop.
(c) Leave the bar.
(d) Throw peanuts at him.
3. What does Nick do after his daughter leaves the bar?
(a) Plays the phonograph.
(d) Throws a glass.
4. What does Krupp remind Nick about before leaving the bar?
(a) Keeping the streetwalkers out.
(b) Setting his alarm.
(c) Not serving minors.
(d) Locking his doors.
5. Why had Krupp engaged Nick in a conversation about quitting the police force?
(a) He wants Nick's help in finding another job.
(b) He values Nick's opinion.
(c) He just needed to talk about his job.
(d) He wants to do on disability.
6. What is the setting for Act 4?
(a) Nick's bar.
(b) Kitty's room.
(c) An alley.
(d) A train station.
7. Which one of the men is in love with Kitty?
8. Which of the following do Nick and Krupp not mention while talking about how wonderful the world is?
(a) Watching children play.
(b) Singing a song.
(c) Smelling roses.
(d) Smelling bacon.
9. What can Joe tell from looking at Kitty and Tom?
(a) They are in love.
(b) They are ill-fated.
(c) They will never marry.
(d) They are too young to be in love.
10. Which of the following does Kitty not look at in the room?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) The mirror.
(c) A photo of herself.
(d) The empty walls.
11. Which character mimics everything Nick says?
12. What noise does Kitty hear coming from another room?
(d) Gun shot.
13. Which of the following is not part of Krupp's philosophy of life?
(a) People want to make an honest buck.
(b) People want to protect their families.
(c) People want to become millionaires.
(d) People want to get a little enjoyment out of life.
14. Who does the sailor begin calling for?
15. What does Kitty tell Tom?
(a) She is going to kill herself.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She doesn't like her life.
(d) She is leaving town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Krupp slam down on the bar?
2. What does Nick give to the drunk?
3. What is Kitty wearing when Act 3 opens?
4. Tom is overwhelmed by Joe's _______________.
5. What is the name of the hotel for the setting of Act 3?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)