|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dudley do when he first sees Elsie?
(a) Grabs her.
(d) Makes a phone call.
2. What noise does Kitty hear coming from another room?
(b) Gun shot.
3. What is the setting for Act 4?
(a) Nick's bar.
(b) An alley.
(c) Kitty's room.
(d) A train station.
4. Where has the Arab worked during his lifetime?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) All over the world.
5. What does Kitty tell Tom?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She doesn't like her life.
(c) She is going to kill herself.
(d) She is leaving town.
6. Which of the following cannot be used to describe Elsie?
7. What does Kitty say that she wanted to be when she grew up?
(a) A dancer.
(b) An actress.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A nurse.
8. On what does Joe become transfixed?
(a) The toy carousel.
(b) The television.
(c) Kitty's face.
(d) A neon sign.
9. What does Krupp slam down on the bar?
(a) His fist.
(b) His driver's license.
(c) His money.
(d) His badge.
10. What kind of man had Kitty always wanted to fall in love with?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A writer.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A painter.
11. What does Nick give Kit for helping out in the kitchen?
(a) A couple cigars.
(b) A couple of sandwiches.
(c) A couple of dollars.
(d) A couple of beers.
12. Where did Kitty get the dress she is wearing?
(b) Las Vegas.
(d) New York.
13. Which character mimics everything Nick says?
14. Kitty tries to hide herself _______________ but it doesn't work.
(a) On the bed.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the closet.
(d) Behind the curtains.
15. Which of the following is not part of Krupp's philosophy of life?
(a) People want to get a little enjoyment out of life.
(b) People want to become millionaires.
(c) People want to protect their families.
(d) People want to make an honest buck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick do after his daughter leaves the bar?
2. What is Nick's daughter's name?
3. What do Harry and Wesley do when the Arab begins to play his harmonica?
4. What about Kitty's appearance moves Tom?
5. What does Nick give to the drunk?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)