|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character mimics everything Nick says?
2. What is McCarthy's job?
(c) Cab driver.
3. What does Kitty do after looking at an old picture of herself?
(b) Hides it.
(c) Smiles to herself.
(d) Laughs out loud.
4. Who does Nick think his daughter looks like?
(a) Greta Garbo.
(b) His mother.
(c) His dead wife.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
5. Why had Krupp engaged Nick in a conversation about quitting the police force?
(a) He just needed to talk about his job.
(b) He values Nick's opinion.
(c) He wants to do on disability.
(d) He wants Nick's help in finding another job.
6. In what state did Kitty grow up?
7. What is the setting for Act 4?
(a) An alley.
(b) Kitty's room.
(c) A train station.
(d) Nick's bar.
8. Who is making the noise outside Kitty's room?
(a) A young girl.
(b) A newlywed couple.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A maid.
9. Which of the following do Nick and Krupp not mention while talking about how wonderful the world is?
(a) Smelling bacon.
(b) Singing a song.
(c) Watching children play.
(d) Smelling roses.
10. Why does Joe want to get a car?
(a) To drive to Mexico tonight.
(b) To drive to Las Vegas tomorrow.
(c) To go to a drive-in movie.
(d) So Tom and Kitty can spend a nice evening together.
11. What does Kitty say that she wanted to be when she grew up?
(a) A teacher.
(b) An actress.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A dancer.
12. What does Joe set on the floor by the bed in Kitty's room?
(b) Room service tray.
(d) Toy carousel.
13. In what room of the hotel does Act 3 take place?
(a) Room 1212.
(b) Room 212.
(c) Room 21.
(d) Room 12.
14. What do Harry and Wesley do when the Arab begins to play his harmonica?
(a) Throw peanuts at him.
(b) Leave the bar.
(c) Dance and play along.
(d) Yell at him to stop.
15. Where has the Arab worked during his lifetime?
(b) All over the world.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not part of Krupp's philosophy of life?
2. On what does Joe become transfixed?
3. What can Joe tell from looking at Kitty and Tom?
4. When does Krupp say he is going to quit the police force?
5. Who is Killer?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)