|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is renting the room in the hotel in Act 3?
2. When does Krupp say he is going to quit the police force?
(a) A month or so.
(b) Next week.
3. What instrument does the Arab play?
4. Which of the following does the drunk not ask God to bless in his toast?
(a) His wife.
(b) Small dogs.
(d) The president.
5. Which of the following is not one of the topics Kit Carson expounds on?
(a) Being the father of so many children he doesn't know their names.
(b) His four marriages.
(c) Whether Catholics are guaranteed a place in heaven.
(d) The three wars he's been in.
6. What does Joe set on the floor by the bed in Kitty's room?
(b) Toy carousel.
(c) Room service tray.
7. What is Kitty wearing when Act 3 opens?
(a) A suit.
(b) A dress.
(c) A negligee.
(d) A robe and slippers.
8. What is Kit Carson doing as the scene opens?
9. What was the Arab's profession?
(b) Oil rigger.
10. Tom is overwhelmed by Joe's _______________.
11. Who is making the noise outside Kitty's room?
(a) A sailor.
(b) A young girl.
(c) A newlywed couple.
(d) A maid.
12. Which of the following does Krupp not attribute to the world's problems?
(a) Children sell themselves.
(b) Everybody gambles.
(c) People don't take it easy.
(d) The Democrats are in office.
13. What kind of man had Kitty always wanted to fall in love with?
(a) A painter.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A writer.
(d) A doctor.
14. What does Krupp claim that he wants to do out of frustration with his life?
(a) Find a new career.
(b) Take a vacation.
(c) Quit his job.
(d) Take a sabbatical.
15. What about Kitty's appearance moves Tom?
(a) Her tears.
(b) Her torn stockings.
(c) Her streaked makeup.
(d) Her disheveled hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the drunk looking for?
2. What is the setting for Act 4?
3. How old is the sailor?
4. What is Nick's daughter's name?
5. Which of the following does Kitty not look at in the room?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)