|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following cannot be used to describe Elsie?
2. What does Krupp claim that he wants to do out of frustration with his life?
(a) Take a sabbatical.
(b) Find a new career.
(c) Take a vacation.
(d) Quit his job.
3. Which one of the men is in love with Kitty?
4. Tom hears the sailor asking for _______________________.
(a) The loveliest lay he's ever had.
(b) A hot meal and a pot of coffee.
(c) A cool room with clean sheets.
(d) The address of a strip club.
5. What does Kit Carson do when the phone rings?
(a) Tells Nick to get it.
(b) Answers it.
(c) Lets it ring.
(d) Jumps up and boxes an imaginary opponent.
6. Why does Joe want to get a car?
(a) To drive to Las Vegas tomorrow.
(b) So Tom and Kitty can spend a nice evening together.
(c) To go to a drive-in movie.
(d) To drive to Mexico tonight.
7. Which of the following is not part of Krupp's philosophy of life?
(a) People want to become millionaires.
(b) People want to get a little enjoyment out of life.
(c) People want to protect their families.
(d) People want to make an honest buck.
8. Kitty is upset when she sees _______________________.
(a) Her room service bill.
(b) Someone fall on the sidewalk.
(c) Her reflection in the mirror.
(d) A telegram.
9. How old is the sailor?
10. What does Krupp slam down on the bar?
(a) His badge.
(b) His fist.
(c) His driver's license.
(d) His money.
11. What is the name of the hotel for the setting of Act 3?
(a) The Four Seasons.
(b) New York Hotel.
(c) Just Inn Time.
(d) Holiday Inn Express.
12. Who is making the noise outside Kitty's room?
(a) A sailor.
(b) A young girl.
(c) A newlywed couple.
(d) A maid.
13. What does Kitty say that she wanted to be when she grew up?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A dancer.
(d) An actress.
14. What does Joe set on the floor by the bed in Kitty's room?
(c) Room service tray.
(d) Toy carousel.
15. What does the Arab tell Krupp when he wants to quit the police force?
(a) "No foundation, all the way down the line."
(b) "Jobs like that are a dime a dozen."
(c) "Hey, it's a free country."
(d) "No foundation in that kind of thinking."
Short Answer Questions
1. Joe tells Kitty that she will always be safe because ___________ will be there for her.
2. Who arrives at Kitty's room?
3. How could Kitty's mood be categorized?
4. According to Elsie, what are people incapable of protecting themselves against?
5. When does Krupp say he is going to quit the police force?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)