|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe do with all the newspapers he buys from the newsboy?
(a) Saves articles for scrapbooks.
(b) Cuts coupons.
(c) Lines birdcages.
(d) Throws them aside.
2. Which of these items is Kitty not talking about in her melancholy state?
(a) Dead brother.
(b) College days.
(c) Family home.
(d) Family dog.
3. Tom tells Joe that he has had a problem with _______________.
4. Why does Nick think so many different types of people come to his bar?
(a) The parking is free.
(b) They feel at home there.
(c) The prices are low.
(d) The food is really good.
5. What is the woman's first name?
6. Who is the girl that Dudley wants to marry?
7. Who is the frightening woman who Dudley invites to the bar?
8. Kitty is very melancholy with memories of ___________________.
(a) School days.
(b) Her family.
(c) Her ex-husband.
(d) Her grandmother.
9. Who buys all the papers the newsboy has?
(d) The Arab.
10. Tom never acknowledges that Kitty could be ______________.
(a) A teacher.
(b) A brunette.
(c) A hooker.
(d) A thief.
11. Which of the following characteristics does not describe Tom?
12. What city have Joe and Mary both visited?
13. Who is the woman who enters the bar and mesmerizes Tom?
(a) Kitty Dulaney.
(b) Kitty Duval.
(c) Kitty Katz.
(d) Kitty Devon.
14. What does Tom realize he needs in order to marry Kitty?
(a) An education.
(b) A house.
(d) A new suit.
15. Who is Krupp?
(a) An electrician.
(b) The mayor.
(c) A baker.
(d) A police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song does the newsboy sing?
2. What nationality do Joe and the woman share?
3. What does Kit give the men in the bar all night?
4. What nationality is Nick?
5. Who is the young black man to whom Nick gives a free lunch?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)