|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the initials on the bag of a woman Joe is fixated on?
2. What does Joe say stopped him from crying as a young boy when his mother died?
3. What does Joe ask Mary to do?
(a) Go to dinner.
(c) Marry him.
4. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
(a) A case of champagne.
(b) Theater tickets.
(c) A map of Europe and a gun.
(d) Some Cuban cigars.
5. What does Tom want to give to Kitty to stop her crying?
(a) An emerald ring.
(b) A fur coat.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) Joe's toys.
6. Tom never acknowledges that Kitty could be ______________.
(a) A brunette.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A thief.
(d) A hooker.
7. Which of these items is Kitty not talking about in her melancholy state?
(a) Dead brother.
(b) Family dog.
(c) Family home.
(d) College days.
8. What does Joe do with all the newspapers he buys from the newsboy?
(a) Lines birdcages.
(b) Saves articles for scrapbooks.
(c) Throws them aside.
(d) Cuts coupons.
9. Who is the girl that Dudley wants to marry?
10. Who is Murphy?
(a) A beer salesman.
(b) A vagrant.
(c) A traveling salesman.
(d) An old trapper.
11. What is the letter on the front of Willie's sweater?
12. Who is Krupp?
(a) A baker.
(b) The mayor.
(c) A police officer.
(d) An electrician.
13. What stage name does Joe insist on calling Kitty?
(a) Kitty Katz.
(b) Miss Divine.
(c) Miss Duval.
(d) Miss Fortune.
14. Joe is always eager, yet always ____________.
15. What is the Arab's stock reply to almost everything?
(a) "What goes around, comes around."
(b) "Make hay while the sun shines."
(c) "The early bird gets the worm."
(d) "No foundation, all the way down the line."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characteristics does not describe Tom?
2. What does Harry do while the other men in the bar engage in a spirited conversation?
3. Which of the following is not something Tom associates with Joe?
4. What is Murphy's real name?
5. Which of the following does not describe Tom?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)