|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is Nick's Pacific Street Saloon, Restaurant and Entertainment Palace located?
(a) San Jose.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Diego.
(d) San Luis Obispo.
2. What does Harry do while the other men in the bar engage in a spirited conversation?
(a) Reads the newspaper.
(b) Works on his dance routine.
(c) Plays the phonograph.
(d) Plays the marble machine.
3. How much time has passed since the first act?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two days.
4. What does Tom want to give to Kitty to stop her crying?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) Joe's toys.
(c) An emerald ring.
(d) A pearl necklace.
5. What song does the newsboy sing?
(a) "I'll Take You Home Kathleen"
(b) "The Yellow Rose of Texas"
(c) "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling"
(d) "I Dream of Jeannie with the Light Brown Hair"
6. Kitty is very melancholy with memories of ___________________.
(a) Her family.
(b) School days.
(c) Her ex-husband.
(d) Her grandmother.
7. What type of performer was Kitty at one time?
8. What type of song does Joe want to hear?
(d) Big Band.
9. What beverage does Joe buy for Kitty?
10. Why does Joe decide to unexpectedly accompany Tom to see Kitty?
(a) To offer her a job.
(b) To stop her from crying.
(c) To give her a bus ticket.
(d) To offer her tuition money.
11. What are the initials on the bag of a woman Joe is fixated on?
12. Which one of Nick's family members comes into the bar and delights Nick with his/her presence?
(a) His father.
(b) His wife.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
13. What color hair does Nick, the bar owner, have?
14. How often does Joe say that he drinks?
(a) Only when he's thirsty.
(b) Only when he's depressed.
(c) Only when he's bored.
(d) Only when he's awake.
15. Who is the young black man to whom Nick gives a free lunch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
2. What nationality is the newsboy?
3. Who is Murphy?
4. What city have Joe and Mary both visited?
5. How does Willie acknowledge people?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)