|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the men dances with Kitty?
2. Why does Joe give Tom a nickel?
(a) To play the phonograph.
(b) To buy candy.
(c) To play the marble game.
(d) To buy ice cream.
3. Who is Krupp?
(a) A baker.
(b) A police officer.
(c) The mayor.
(d) An electrician.
4. What does Joe want Tom to get for him?
(a) Some coffee.
(b) A candy bar.
(c) A watermelon.
(d) A newspaper.
5. Why is Wesley so excited when he returns to the bar?
(a) He is accepted at the college he really wants to attend.
(b) His home loan was approved.
(c) His girlfriend has come back.
(d) Nick is going to pay him to play the piano.
6. Why does Nick think so many different types of people come to his bar?
(a) The food is really good.
(b) The prices are low.
(c) The parking is free.
(d) They feel at home there.
7. What musical instrument does Wesley play?
8. What is Murphy's real name?
(a) Wyatt Earp.
(b) Bill Hickock.
(c) Johnny Carson.
(d) Kit Carson.
9. What is the Arab's stock reply to almost everything?
(a) "What goes around, comes around."
(b) "No foundation, all the way down the line."
(c) "The early bird gets the worm."
(d) "Make hay while the sun shines."
10. What nationality is the newsboy?
11. What does Joe do with all the newspapers he buys from the newsboy?
(a) Saves articles for scrapbooks.
(b) Cuts coupons.
(c) Throws them aside.
(d) Lines birdcages.
12. For whom does Joe call out and then whistle for?
(a) The newsboy.
13. What is Dudley R. Bostwick's greatest need?
(a) To find a woman.
(b) To find a job.
(c) To find an apartment.
(d) To find his parents.
14. Which one of Nick's family members comes into the bar and delights Nick with his/her presence?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
15. Which of the following does not describe Tom?
(a) Childish face.
(c) Very large.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do while the other men in the bar engage in a spirited conversation?
2. What city have Joe and Mary both visited?
3. What nationality is Nick?
4. Who buys all the papers the newsboy has?
5. Which of the following does Nick not say his bar attracts?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)