|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Murphy's real name?
(a) Wyatt Earp.
(b) Johnny Carson.
(c) Kit Carson.
(d) Bill Hickock.
2. What does Tom want to give to Kitty to stop her crying?
(a) An emerald ring.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) Joe's toys.
3. On what date does Nick tell the newsboy to return?
(a) June 7 of next year.
(b) April 7 of next year.
(c) November 7 of next year.
(d) August 7 of next year.
4. What is the letter on the front of Willie's sweater?
5. How does Willie acknowledge people?
(a) Gives a little wave.
(c) Salutes with one finger.
(d) Tips his hat.
6. What is Joe doing at a table by himself?
(b) Playing cards
(d) Watching TV
7. What nationality is Nick?
8. What is the Arab's stock reply to almost everything?
(a) "The early bird gets the worm."
(b) "What goes around, comes around."
(c) "No foundation, all the way down the line."
(d) "Make hay while the sun shines."
9. What is the name of the horse Joe tells Nick to bet on?
(c) Sweetie Pie.
10. Which one of the men dances with Kitty?
11. Which of the following characteristics does not describe Tom?
12. What type of performer was Kitty at one time?
13. Joe is always eager, yet always ____________.
14. In what city is Nick's Pacific Street Saloon, Restaurant and Entertainment Palace located?
(a) San Luis Obispo.
(b) San Diego.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) San Jose.
15. What nationality is the newsboy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe make Tom do while the music plays?
2. Harry wants Nick to hire him as a ________________.
3. What does Joe want Tom to get for him?
4. What type of song does Joe want to hear?
5. What city have Joe and Mary both visited?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)