|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these items is Kitty not talking about in her melancholy state?
(a) Family dog.
(b) College days.
(c) Family home.
(d) Dead brother.
2. How often does Joe say that he drinks?
(a) Only when he's thirsty.
(b) Only when he's awake.
(c) Only when he's bored.
(d) Only when he's depressed.
3. What does Kit give the men in the bar all night?
(a) Wild stories.
(c) Nickels for games.
(d) Free beer.
4. What type of song does Joe want to hear?
(a) Big Band.
5. Who is Murphy?
(a) A beer salesman.
(b) An old trapper.
(c) A traveling salesman.
(d) A vagrant.
6. What song does the newsboy sing?
(a) "I Dream of Jeannie with the Light Brown Hair"
(b) "The Yellow Rose of Texas"
(c) "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling"
(d) "I'll Take You Home Kathleen"
7. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
(a) A map of Europe and a gun.
(b) Some Cuban cigars.
(c) A case of champagne.
(d) Theater tickets.
8. What does Joe make Tom do while the music plays?
(a) Sit and listen.
9. What nationality is Nick?
10. Why does Joe decide to unexpectedly accompany Tom to see Kitty?
(a) To offer her tuition money.
(b) To give her a bus ticket.
(c) To offer her a job.
(d) To stop her from crying.
11. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
12. Why does Joe give Tom a nickel?
(a) To play the marble game.
(b) To buy ice cream.
(c) To buy candy.
(d) To play the phonograph.
13. What does Joe say that people spend 23 boring hours doing each day?
14. What does Joe do with all the newspapers he buys from the newsboy?
(a) Cuts coupons.
(b) Lines birdcages.
(c) Throws them aside.
(d) Saves articles for scrapbooks.
15. What does Tom want to give to Kitty to stop her crying?
(a) A pearl necklace.
(b) Joe's toys.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) An emerald ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stage name does Joe insist on calling Kitty?
2. What is the letter on the front of Willie's sweater?
3. How much time has passed since the first act?
4. What is the Arab's stock reply to almost everything?
5. Kitty is very melancholy with memories of ___________________.
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)