|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the horse that Joe claims to have won?
(a) Just Precious.
(b) Just In Time.
(c) Precious Moment.
(d) Precious Time.
2. What nationality do Joe and the woman share?
3. Who is the woman who enters the bar and mesmerizes Tom?
(a) Kitty Devon.
(b) Kitty Dulaney.
(c) Kitty Katz.
(d) Kitty Duval.
4. How did Joe save Tom's life?
(a) Fed him chicken soup when he was ill.
(b) Rescued him from a fire.
(c) Gave him a kidney.
(d) Intervened in a mugging.
5. What is Murphy's real name?
(a) Kit Carson.
(b) Johnny Carson.
(c) Bill Hickock.
(d) Wyatt Earp.
6. For what reason does Tom uncharacteristically admonish Joe?
(a) For taking too many medications.
(b) For always doing foolish things.
(c) For wearing white after Labor Day.
(d) For driving too fast.
7. Who is McCarthy?
(a) A tax accountant.
(b) A longshoreman.
(c) A beer truck driver.
(d) A City Council member.
8. What beverage does Joe buy for Kitty?
9. How often does Joe say that he drinks?
(a) Only when he's awake.
(b) Only when he's depressed.
(c) Only when he's bored.
(d) Only when he's thirsty.
10. What stage name does Joe insist on calling Kitty?
(a) Miss Duval.
(b) Kitty Katz.
(c) Miss Fortune.
(d) Miss Divine.
11. Who is the girl that Dudley wants to marry?
12. What is Joe doing at a table by himself?
(a) Playing cards
(b) Watching TV
13. Joe is always eager, yet always ____________.
14. What is the woman's first name?
15. Which of the following is not something Tom associates with Joe?
(a) Going to work.
(b) Sitting around all day.
(c) Having drinks.
(d) Never running out of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed since the first act?
2. Kitty is very melancholy with memories of ___________________.
3. Why does Joe give Tom a nickel?
4. What are the initials on the bag of a woman Joe is fixated on?
5. Why is Wesley so excited when he returns to the bar?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)