|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does the newsboy sing?
(a) "I Dream of Jeannie with the Light Brown Hair"
(b) "The Yellow Rose of Texas"
(c) "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling"
(d) "I'll Take You Home Kathleen"
2. Which of the following is not something Tom associates with Joe?
(a) Having drinks.
(b) Sitting around all day.
(c) Never running out of money.
(d) Going to work.
3. Joe is always eager, yet always ____________.
4. Who has a black mustache that curls up on the ends?
(a) The Arab.
5. What city have Joe and Mary both visited?
6. What nationality is Nick?
7. Which of these items is Kitty not talking about in her melancholy state?
(a) Family home.
(b) College days.
(c) Family dog.
(d) Dead brother.
8. Who is McCarthy?
(a) A longshoreman.
(b) A tax accountant.
(c) A beer truck driver.
(d) A City Council member.
9. What does Joe say that people spend 23 boring hours doing each day?
10. What does Joe say stopped him from crying as a young boy when his mother died?
11. What is the woman's first name?
12. What does Joe want Tom to get for him?
(a) A candy bar.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A watermelon.
(d) Some coffee.
13. Why is Wesley so excited when he returns to the bar?
(a) He is accepted at the college he really wants to attend.
(b) His girlfriend has come back.
(c) His home loan was approved.
(d) Nick is going to pay him to play the piano.
14. On what date does Nick tell the newsboy to return?
(a) November 7 of next year.
(b) April 7 of next year.
(c) June 7 of next year.
(d) August 7 of next year.
15. Which of the following does not describe Tom?
(a) Childish face.
(b) Very large.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality do Joe and the woman share?
2. Who is the frightening woman who Dudley invites to the bar?
3. Tom tells Joe that he has had a problem with _______________.
4. What game does Willie love to play?
5. What does Tom realize he needs in order to marry Kitty?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)