|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had saved Tom's life?
2. Which one of the men dances with Kitty?
3. What does Joe ask Mary to do?
(b) Go to dinner.
(d) Marry him.
4. How much time has passed since the first act?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two months.
5. What does Tom want to give to Kitty to stop her crying?
(a) Joe's toys.
(b) An emerald ring.
(c) A pearl necklace.
(d) A fur coat.
6. Why does Blick threaten to close down Nick's bar?
(a) The liquor license is expired.
(b) There are hookers working there.
(c) The food license is not current.
(d) The building does not meet the fire safety code.
7. What color hair does Nick, the bar owner, have?
8. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
9. How often does Joe say that he drinks?
(a) Only when he's depressed.
(b) Only when he's bored.
(c) Only when he's awake.
(d) Only when he's thirsty.
10. What does Harry do while the other men in the bar engage in a spirited conversation?
(a) Works on his dance routine.
(b) Reads the newspaper.
(c) Plays the marble machine.
(d) Plays the phonograph.
11. Kitty is very melancholy with memories of ___________________.
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) School days.
(c) Her ex-husband.
(d) Her family.
12. What is the Arab's stock reply to almost everything?
(a) "The early bird gets the worm."
(b) "Make hay while the sun shines."
(c) "What goes around, comes around."
(d) "No foundation, all the way down the line."
13. What does Harry think his purpose is in the world?
(a) To bring laughter to the world.
(b) To be an educator.
(c) To be a good samaritan.
(d) To be a philanthropist.
14. Which of the following is not something Tom associates with Joe?
(a) Sitting around all day.
(b) Having drinks.
(c) Never running out of money.
(d) Going to work.
15. Joe is always eager, yet always ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What beverage does Joe buy for Kitty?
2. Which of the following does Nick not say his bar attracts?
3. What is Joe doing at a table by himself?
4. Harry wants Nick to hire him as a ________________.
5. Why does Nick think so many different types of people come to his bar?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)