|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman's first name?
2. Tom tells Joe that he has had a problem with _______________.
3. What does Joe ask Mary to do?
(b) Go to dinner.
(c) Marry him.
4. What is Dudley R. Bostwick's greatest need?
(a) To find his parents.
(b) To find an apartment.
(c) To find a job.
(d) To find a woman.
5. What is Murphy's real name?
(a) Johnny Carson.
(b) Bill Hickock.
(c) Wyatt Earp.
(d) Kit Carson.
6. Why does Nick think so many different types of people come to his bar?
(a) They feel at home there.
(b) The prices are low.
(c) The food is really good.
(d) The parking is free.
7. What city have Joe and Mary both visited?
8. What type of song does Joe want to hear?
(a) Big Band.
9. What does Joe want Tom to get for him?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A watermelon.
(c) A candy bar.
(d) Some coffee.
10. For what reason does Tom uncharacteristically admonish Joe?
(a) For driving too fast.
(b) For taking too many medications.
(c) For always doing foolish things.
(d) For wearing white after Labor Day.
11. Who is McCarthy?
(a) A longshoreman.
(b) A tax accountant.
(c) A City Council member.
(d) A beer truck driver.
12. Who buys all the papers the newsboy has?
(c) The Arab.
13. Kitty is very melancholy with memories of ___________________.
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) School days.
(c) Her ex-husband.
(d) Her family.
14. What does Harry do while the other men in the bar engage in a spirited conversation?
(a) Plays the marble machine.
(b) Works on his dance routine.
(c) Reads the newspaper.
(d) Plays the phonograph.
15. Who had saved Tom's life?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dudley so excited after receiving a phone call?
2. What does Nick yell at Willie?
3. What nationality is the newsboy?
4. What does Harry think his purpose is in the world?
5. Who has a black mustache that curls up on the ends?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)