|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Krupp?
(a) An electrician.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A baker.
(d) The mayor.
2. What are the initials on the bag of a woman Joe is fixated on?
3. What is the name of the horse Joe tells Nick to bet on?
(d) Sweetie Pie.
4. Who is the frightening woman who Dudley invites to the bar?
5. What city have Joe and Mary both visited?
6. For whom does Joe call out and then whistle for?
(d) The newsboy.
7. Who is the young black man to whom Nick gives a free lunch?
8. Who is the girl that Dudley wants to marry?
9. Who buys all the papers the newsboy has?
(d) The Arab.
10. How often does Joe say that he drinks?
(a) Only when he's bored.
(b) Only when he's depressed.
(c) Only when he's thirsty.
(d) Only when he's awake.
11. Why is Wesley so excited when he returns to the bar?
(a) Nick is going to pay him to play the piano.
(b) His girlfriend has come back.
(c) He is accepted at the college he really wants to attend.
(d) His home loan was approved.
12. What is the name of the horse that Joe claims to have won?
(a) Precious Time.
(b) Just In Time.
(c) Precious Moment.
(d) Just Precious.
13. Tom tells Joe that he has had a problem with _______________.
14. Tom never acknowledges that Kitty could be ______________.
(a) A hooker.
(b) A brunette.
(c) A thief.
(d) A teacher.
15. What does Joe want Tom to get for him?
(a) A watermelon.
(b) Some coffee.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A candy bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom realize he needs in order to marry Kitty?
2. What nationality is Nick?
3. Which of these items is Kitty not talking about in her melancholy state?
4. Who is Murphy?
5. Joe is always eager, yet always ____________.
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)