|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has passed since the first act?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
2. What does Joe say stopped him from crying as a young boy when his mother died?
3. Who buys all the papers the newsboy has?
(d) The Arab.
4. What is the name of the horse Joe tells Nick to bet on?
(d) Sweetie Pie.
5. Although the men in the bar think Harry is a good dancer, they are less enthusiastic about his ______________ skills.
6. Which of the following is not something Tom associates with Joe?
(a) Sitting around all day.
(b) Never running out of money.
(c) Going to work.
(d) Having drinks.
7. What nationality is Nick?
8. Why does Blick threaten to close down Nick's bar?
(a) The liquor license is expired.
(b) There are hookers working there.
(c) The building does not meet the fire safety code.
(d) The food license is not current.
9. Why is Wesley so excited when he returns to the bar?
(a) His home loan was approved.
(b) Nick is going to pay him to play the piano.
(c) He is accepted at the college he really wants to attend.
(d) His girlfriend has come back.
10. For whom does Joe call out and then whistle for?
(a) The newsboy.
11. Tom tells Joe that he has had a problem with _______________.
12. Who is the young black man to whom Nick gives a free lunch?
13. Who is the woman who enters the bar and mesmerizes Tom?
(a) Kitty Dulaney.
(b) Kitty Devon.
(c) Kitty Katz.
(d) Kitty Duval.
14. In what city is Nick's Pacific Street Saloon, Restaurant and Entertainment Palace located?
(a) San Jose.
(b) San Diego.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) San Luis Obispo.
15. Why does Joe decide to unexpectedly accompany Tom to see Kitty?
(a) To stop her from crying.
(b) To offer her tuition money.
(c) To give her a bus ticket.
(d) To offer her a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
2. Why is Dudley so excited after receiving a phone call?
3. Who is McCarthy?
4. What beverage does Joe buy for Kitty?
5. What does Harry think his purpose is in the world?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)