|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What beverage does Joe buy for Kitty?
2. Why does Joe decide to unexpectedly accompany Tom to see Kitty?
(a) To offer her a job.
(b) To give her a bus ticket.
(c) To offer her tuition money.
(d) To stop her from crying.
3. What does Tom realize he needs in order to marry Kitty?
(a) A new suit.
(c) A house.
(d) An education.
4. What type of performer was Kitty at one time?
5. How often does Joe say that he drinks?
(a) Only when he's bored.
(b) Only when he's thirsty.
(c) Only when he's awake.
(d) Only when he's depressed.
6. What does Nick yell at Willie?
(a) "Closing time, Willie!"
(b) "You have a phone call!"
(c) "One more for the road?"
(d) "You can't beat the machine!!!"
7. Harry wants Nick to hire him as a ________________.
(a) Grill cook.
(c) Disc jockey.
8. Why is Dudley so excited after receiving a phone call?
(a) He got a new job.
(b) His home loan was approved.
(c) His wife just had a baby.
(d) Elsie is coming to the bar.
9. What is Murphy's real name?
(a) Wyatt Earp.
(b) Bill Hickock.
(c) Johnny Carson.
(d) Kit Carson.
10. What does Tom want to give to Kitty to stop her crying?
(a) An emerald ring.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) Joe's toys.
11. Who had saved Tom's life?
12. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
13. What does Harry think his purpose is in the world?
(a) To be a good samaritan.
(b) To be an educator.
(c) To bring laughter to the world.
(d) To be a philanthropist.
14. Which one of the men dances with Kitty?
15. Joe is always eager, yet always ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do while the other men in the bar engage in a spirited conversation?
2. Who is the woman who enters the bar and mesmerizes Tom?
3. In what city is Nick's Pacific Street Saloon, Restaurant and Entertainment Palace located?
4. What does Joe say stopped him from crying as a young boy when his mother died?
5. What nationality do Joe and the woman share?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)