|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of song does Joe want to hear?
(b) Big Band.
2. Who has a black mustache that curls up on the ends?
(b) The Arab.
3. How did Joe save Tom's life?
(a) Gave him a kidney.
(b) Rescued him from a fire.
(c) Fed him chicken soup when he was ill.
(d) Intervened in a mugging.
4. What is the name of the horse Joe tells Nick to bet on?
(a) Sweetie Pie.
5. What is the letter on the front of Willie's sweater?
6. What color hair does Nick, the bar owner, have?
7. Why does Joe decide to unexpectedly accompany Tom to see Kitty?
(a) To stop her from crying.
(b) To give her a bus ticket.
(c) To offer her a job.
(d) To offer her tuition money.
8. Which one of Nick's family members comes into the bar and delights Nick with his/her presence?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His wife.
9. What is Dudley R. Bostwick's greatest need?
(a) To find a woman.
(b) To find an apartment.
(c) To find a job.
(d) To find his parents.
10. Joe is always eager, yet always ____________.
11. What is Joe doing at a table by himself?
(b) Playing cards
(d) Watching TV
12. What does Joe do with all the newspapers he buys from the newsboy?
(a) Lines birdcages.
(b) Saves articles for scrapbooks.
(c) Throws them aside.
(d) Cuts coupons.
13. Who is Krupp?
(a) An electrician.
(b) The mayor.
(c) A baker.
(d) A police officer.
14. What is Murphy's real name?
(a) Johnny Carson.
(b) Wyatt Earp.
(c) Kit Carson.
(d) Bill Hickock.
15. Who is McCarthy?
(a) A beer truck driver.
(b) A City Council member.
(c) A longshoreman.
(d) A tax accountant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom realize he needs in order to marry Kitty?
2. Who is the young black man to whom Nick gives a free lunch?
3. What game does Willie love to play?
4. On what date does Nick tell the newsboy to return?
5. Harry wants Nick to hire him as a ________________.
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)