|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dudley R. Bostwick's greatest need?
(a) To find a woman.
(b) To find an apartment.
(c) To find his parents.
(d) To find a job.
2. Who is the young black man to whom Nick gives a free lunch?
3. Although the men in the bar think Harry is a good dancer, they are less enthusiastic about his ______________ skills.
4. Which of the following is not something Tom associates with Joe?
(a) Sitting around all day.
(b) Going to work.
(c) Having drinks.
(d) Never running out of money.
5. Harry wants Nick to hire him as a ________________.
(a) Disc jockey.
(d) Grill cook.
6. What type of performer was Kitty at one time?
7. Which of the following does Nick not say his bar attracts?
(a) College professors.
(b) Whores claiming to be ladies.
(c) Talent that doesn't show itself.
(d) Champagne buyers.
8. What color hair does Nick, the bar owner, have?
9. What is the woman's first name?
10. How does Willie acknowledge people?
(a) Tips his hat.
(c) Salutes with one finger.
(d) Gives a little wave.
11. Who is McCarthy?
(a) A beer truck driver.
(b) A longshoreman.
(c) A City Council member.
(d) A tax accountant.
12. What game does Willie love to play?
(d) Marble game.
13. What does Harry think his purpose is in the world?
(a) To be a good samaritan.
(b) To be an educator.
(c) To bring laughter to the world.
(d) To be a philanthropist.
14. What does Harry do while the other men in the bar engage in a spirited conversation?
(a) Reads the newspaper.
(b) Works on his dance routine.
(c) Plays the phonograph.
(d) Plays the marble machine.
15. Who has a black mustache that curls up on the ends?
(b) The Arab.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the frightening woman who Dudley invites to the bar?
2. What does Kit give the men in the bar all night?
3. What does Joe want Tom to get for him?
4. What does Tom want to give to Kitty to stop her crying?
5. Who buys all the papers the newsboy has?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)