|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
(a) Some Cuban cigars.
(b) Theater tickets.
(c) A map of Europe and a gun.
(d) A case of champagne.
2. Who had saved Tom's life?
3. What does Nick yell at Willie?
(a) "One more for the road?"
(b) "Closing time, Willie!"
(c) "You can't beat the machine!!!"
(d) "You have a phone call!"
4. Which one of the men dances with Kitty?
5. Who is Krupp?
(a) An electrician.
(b) A police officer.
(c) The mayor.
(d) A baker.
6. What is Murphy's real name?
(a) Kit Carson.
(b) Johnny Carson.
(c) Wyatt Earp.
(d) Bill Hickock.
7. What does Joe want Tom to get for him?
(a) A candy bar.
(b) Some coffee.
(c) A watermelon.
(d) A newspaper.
8. Kitty is very melancholy with memories of ___________________.
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) School days.
(d) Her family.
9. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
10. Who is the woman who enters the bar and mesmerizes Tom?
(a) Kitty Katz.
(b) Kitty Duval.
(c) Kitty Dulaney.
(d) Kitty Devon.
11. Why does Blick threaten to close down Nick's bar?
(a) There are hookers working there.
(b) The food license is not current.
(c) The liquor license is expired.
(d) The building does not meet the fire safety code.
12. What nationality is the newsboy?
13. What is Dudley R. Bostwick's greatest need?
(a) To find an apartment.
(b) To find his parents.
(c) To find a job.
(d) To find a woman.
14. Which of these items is Kitty not talking about in her melancholy state?
(a) College days.
(b) Family dog.
(c) Family home.
(d) Dead brother.
15. For what reason does Tom uncharacteristically admonish Joe?
(a) For taking too many medications.
(b) For wearing white after Labor Day.
(c) For driving too fast.
(d) For always doing foolish things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom realize he needs in order to marry Kitty?
2. Which of the following does not describe Tom?
3. What is the name of the horse Joe tells Nick to bet on?
4. Which of the following is not something Tom associates with Joe?
5. Who is the frightening woman who Dudley invites to the bar?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)