|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe ask Mary to do?
(a) Marry him.
(d) Go to dinner.
2. What does Joe want Tom to get for him?
(a) A watermelon.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) Some coffee.
(d) A candy bar.
3. What musical instrument does Wesley play?
4. Why is Dudley so excited after receiving a phone call?
(a) He got a new job.
(b) His home loan was approved.
(c) Elsie is coming to the bar.
(d) His wife just had a baby.
5. What does Tom want to give to Kitty to stop her crying?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) A pearl necklace.
(c) Joe's toys.
(d) An emerald ring.
6. What does Nick yell at Willie?
(a) "You can't beat the machine!!!"
(b) "You have a phone call!"
(c) "One more for the road?"
(d) "Closing time, Willie!"
7. How much time has passed since the first act?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two weeks.
8. Which of these items is Kitty not talking about in her melancholy state?
(a) Dead brother.
(b) Family home.
(c) College days.
(d) Family dog.
9. Who is the woman who enters the bar and mesmerizes Tom?
(a) Kitty Dulaney.
(b) Kitty Katz.
(c) Kitty Devon.
(d) Kitty Duval.
10. For whom does Joe call out and then whistle for?
(c) The newsboy.
11. In what city is Nick's Pacific Street Saloon, Restaurant and Entertainment Palace located?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) San Diego.
(c) San Luis Obispo.
(d) San Jose.
12. Who is the young black man to whom Nick gives a free lunch?
13. What is the name of the horse that Joe claims to have won?
(a) Just In Time.
(b) Precious Moment.
(c) Just Precious.
(d) Precious Time.
14. What song does the newsboy sing?
(a) "The Yellow Rose of Texas"
(b) "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling"
(c) "I'll Take You Home Kathleen"
(d) "I Dream of Jeannie with the Light Brown Hair"
15. What does Joe make Tom do while the music plays?
(d) Sit and listen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom realize he needs in order to marry Kitty?
2. Which of the following does not describe Tom?
3. What does Harry do while the other men in the bar engage in a spirited conversation?
4. What type of song does Joe want to hear?
5. What is Joe doing at a table by himself?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)