|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Willie acknowledge people?
(b) Gives a little wave.
(c) Tips his hat.
(d) Salutes with one finger.
2. What type of performer was Kitty at one time?
3. What does Joe want Tom to get for him?
(a) A candy bar.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A watermelon.
(d) Some coffee.
4. For what reason does Tom uncharacteristically admonish Joe?
(a) For taking too many medications.
(b) For driving too fast.
(c) For always doing foolish things.
(d) For wearing white after Labor Day.
5. Which one of Nick's family members comes into the bar and delights Nick with his/her presence?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His wife.
6. What does Joe do with all the newspapers he buys from the newsboy?
(a) Cuts coupons.
(b) Saves articles for scrapbooks.
(c) Lines birdcages.
(d) Throws them aside.
7. What does Joe ask Mary to do?
(b) Go to dinner.
(c) Marry him.
8. Who buys all the papers the newsboy has?
(b) The Arab.
9. Which one of the men dances with Kitty?
10. What is the letter on the front of Willie's sweater?
11. For whom does Joe call out and then whistle for?
(a) The newsboy.
12. What does Harry do while the other men in the bar engage in a spirited conversation?
(a) Works on his dance routine.
(b) Plays the phonograph.
(c) Plays the marble machine.
(d) Reads the newspaper.
13. What stage name does Joe insist on calling Kitty?
(a) Miss Duval.
(b) Kitty Katz.
(c) Miss Fortune.
(d) Miss Divine.
14. Who is McCarthy?
(a) A longshoreman.
(b) A City Council member.
(c) A beer truck driver.
(d) A tax accountant.
15. Why does Nick think so many different types of people come to his bar?
(a) The prices are low.
(b) The parking is free.
(c) They feel at home there.
(d) The food is really good.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Arab's stock reply to almost everything?
2. How much time has passed since the first act?
3. What nationality is Nick?
4. What type of song does Joe want to hear?
5. Joe is always eager, yet always ____________.
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)