|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joe is always eager, yet always ____________.
2. Who is Murphy?
(a) A vagrant.
(b) An old trapper.
(c) A traveling salesman.
(d) A beer salesman.
3. Who is the frightening woman who Dudley invites to the bar?
4. Kitty is very melancholy with memories of ___________________.
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) School days.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her family.
5. Which of the following does Nick not say his bar attracts?
(a) Whores claiming to be ladies.
(b) Champagne buyers.
(c) Talent that doesn't show itself.
(d) College professors.
6. What city have Joe and Mary both visited?
7. What is Joe doing at a table by himself?
(a) Playing cards
(d) Watching TV
8. What does Joe make Tom do while the music plays?
(d) Sit and listen.
9. Who is the woman who enters the bar and mesmerizes Tom?
(a) Kitty Duval.
(b) Kitty Dulaney.
(c) Kitty Katz.
(d) Kitty Devon.
10. How does Willie acknowledge people?
(b) Salutes with one finger.
(c) Tips his hat.
(d) Gives a little wave.
11. What beverage does Joe buy for Kitty?
12. What does Joe ask Mary to do?
(a) Go to dinner.
(d) Marry him.
13. Which of the following characteristics does not describe Tom?
14. What does Kit give the men in the bar all night?
(b) Free beer.
(c) Nickels for games.
(d) Wild stories.
15. Who buys all the papers the newsboy has?
(a) The Arab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the horse Joe tells Nick to bet on?
2. What stage name does Joe insist on calling Kitty?
3. On what date does Nick tell the newsboy to return?
4. Which of the following does not describe Tom?
5. How often does Joe say that he drinks?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)