|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Nick's family members comes into the bar and delights Nick with his/her presence?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His wife.
(d) His brother.
2. Joe is always eager, yet always ____________.
3. What does Tom realize he needs in order to marry Kitty?
(b) A new suit.
(c) A house.
(d) An education.
4. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
5. What nationality do Joe and the woman share?
6. Which one of the men dances with Kitty?
7. What are the initials on the bag of a woman Joe is fixated on?
8. What nationality is Nick?
9. What stage name does Joe insist on calling Kitty?
(a) Miss Fortune.
(b) Miss Duval.
(c) Kitty Katz.
(d) Miss Divine.
10. Tom never acknowledges that Kitty could be ______________.
(a) A brunette.
(b) A hooker.
(c) A thief.
(d) A teacher.
11. Why does Nick think so many different types of people come to his bar?
(a) The food is really good.
(b) They feel at home there.
(c) The prices are low.
(d) The parking is free.
12. What does Harry do while the other men in the bar engage in a spirited conversation?
(a) Reads the newspaper.
(b) Plays the marble machine.
(c) Works on his dance routine.
(d) Plays the phonograph.
13. Who is Murphy?
(a) A beer salesman.
(b) A traveling salesman.
(c) A vagrant.
(d) An old trapper.
14. Which of the following characteristics does not describe Tom?
15. Which of the following does not describe Tom?
(a) Childish face.
(c) Very large.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom want to give to Kitty to stop her crying?
2. What does Joe say that people spend 23 boring hours doing each day?
3. Why does Blick threaten to close down Nick's bar?
4. Which of the following does Nick not say his bar attracts?
5. What does Joe say stopped him from crying as a young boy when his mother died?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)