|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of performer was Kitty at one time?
2. What is the Arab's stock reply to almost everything?
(a) "No foundation, all the way down the line."
(b) "What goes around, comes around."
(c) "The early bird gets the worm."
(d) "Make hay while the sun shines."
3. What beverage does Joe buy for Kitty?
4. Harry wants Nick to hire him as a ________________.
(c) Disc jockey.
(d) Grill cook.
5. Who is Murphy?
(a) An old trapper.
(b) A beer salesman.
(c) A traveling salesman.
(d) A vagrant.
6. What does Joe say stopped him from crying as a young boy when his mother died?
7. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
8. What nationality do Joe and the woman share?
9. Which of the following characteristics does not describe Tom?
10. Who is the girl that Dudley wants to marry?
11. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
(a) Theater tickets.
(b) A map of Europe and a gun.
(c) A case of champagne.
(d) Some Cuban cigars.
12. Who has a black mustache that curls up on the ends?
(c) The Arab.
13. What is the name of the horse that Joe claims to have won?
(a) Just In Time.
(b) Just Precious.
(c) Precious Time.
(d) Precious Moment.
14. What game does Willie love to play?
(a) Marble game.
15. Tom tells Joe that he has had a problem with _______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the letter on the front of Willie's sweater?
2. For what reason does Tom uncharacteristically admonish Joe?
3. What does Joe ask Mary to do?
4. Why does Nick think so many different types of people come to his bar?
5. Why does Joe decide to unexpectedly accompany Tom to see Kitty?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)