|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the girl that Dudley wants to marry?
2. Who has a black mustache that curls up on the ends?
(a) The Arab.
3. What does Harry think his purpose is in the world?
(a) To be an educator.
(b) To be a good samaritan.
(c) To be a philanthropist.
(d) To bring laughter to the world.
4. What is the woman's first name?
5. Who is the frightening woman who Dudley invites to the bar?
6. What does Harry do while the other men in the bar engage in a spirited conversation?
(a) Plays the marble machine.
(b) Works on his dance routine.
(c) Reads the newspaper.
(d) Plays the phonograph.
7. Why does Joe decide to unexpectedly accompany Tom to see Kitty?
(a) To offer her tuition money.
(b) To give her a bus ticket.
(c) To stop her from crying.
(d) To offer her a job.
8. Why does Blick threaten to close down Nick's bar?
(a) The building does not meet the fire safety code.
(b) There are hookers working there.
(c) The food license is not current.
(d) The liquor license is expired.
9. What is the name of the horse Joe tells Nick to bet on?
(d) Sweetie Pie.
10. What is the Arab's stock reply to almost everything?
(a) "The early bird gets the worm."
(b) "What goes around, comes around."
(c) "Make hay while the sun shines."
(d) "No foundation, all the way down the line."
11. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
(a) A case of champagne.
(b) A map of Europe and a gun.
(c) Theater tickets.
(d) Some Cuban cigars.
12. What nationality do Joe and the woman share?
13. In what city is Nick's Pacific Street Saloon, Restaurant and Entertainment Palace located?
(a) San Jose.
(b) San Diego.
(c) San Luis Obispo.
(d) San Francisco.
14. On what date does Nick tell the newsboy to return?
(a) August 7 of next year.
(b) June 7 of next year.
(c) November 7 of next year.
(d) April 7 of next year.
15. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom want to give to Kitty to stop her crying?
2. What does Joe make Tom do while the music plays?
3. What musical instrument does Wesley play?
4. What does Nick yell at Willie?
5. What does Joe say stopped him from crying as a young boy when his mother died?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)