|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Arab's stock reply to almost everything?
(a) "No foundation, all the way down the line."
(b) "What goes around, comes around."
(c) "Make hay while the sun shines."
(d) "The early bird gets the worm."
2. What musical instrument does Wesley play?
3. What game does Willie love to play?
(c) Marble game.
4. What does Joe say that people spend 23 boring hours doing each day?
5. What is the woman's first name?
6. What does Joe do with all the newspapers he buys from the newsboy?
(a) Cuts coupons.
(b) Saves articles for scrapbooks.
(c) Throws them aside.
(d) Lines birdcages.
7. What does Harry do while the other men in the bar engage in a spirited conversation?
(a) Plays the marble machine.
(b) Plays the phonograph.
(c) Works on his dance routine.
(d) Reads the newspaper.
8. What are the initials on the bag of a woman Joe is fixated on?
9. Which of these items is Kitty not talking about in her melancholy state?
(a) Dead brother.
(b) College days.
(c) Family home.
(d) Family dog.
10. Tom never acknowledges that Kitty could be ______________.
(a) A thief.
(b) A brunette.
(c) A hooker.
(d) A teacher.
11. Although the men in the bar think Harry is a good dancer, they are less enthusiastic about his ______________ skills.
12. What does Joe want Tom to get for him?
(a) A candy bar.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) Some coffee.
(d) A watermelon.
13. Which of the following does Nick not say his bar attracts?
(a) Champagne buyers.
(b) Talent that doesn't show itself.
(c) College professors.
(d) Whores claiming to be ladies.
14. What nationality do Joe and the woman share?
15. What city have Joe and Mary both visited?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Willie acknowledge people?
2. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
3. What does Joe say stopped him from crying as a young boy when his mother died?
4. Which of the following does not describe Tom?
5. For whom does Joe call out and then whistle for?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)