|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe ask Mary to do?
(c) Go to dinner.
(d) Marry him.
2. What game does Willie love to play?
(d) Marble game.
3. In what city is Nick's Pacific Street Saloon, Restaurant and Entertainment Palace located?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) San Jose.
(c) San Diego.
(d) San Luis Obispo.
4. Harry wants Nick to hire him as a ________________.
(c) Grill cook.
(d) Disc jockey.
5. What does Joe want Tom to get for him?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) A candy bar.
(c) A watermelon.
(d) Some coffee.
6. Which of the following does Nick not say his bar attracts?
(a) College professors.
(b) Talent that doesn't show itself.
(c) Whores claiming to be ladies.
(d) Champagne buyers.
7. Which of the following characteristics does not describe Tom?
8. What beverage does Joe buy for Kitty?
9. What does Nick yell at Willie?
(a) "One more for the road?"
(b) "Closing time, Willie!"
(c) "You can't beat the machine!!!"
(d) "You have a phone call!"
10. Who has a black mustache that curls up on the ends?
(b) The Arab.
11. What does Harry think his purpose is in the world?
(a) To be a philanthropist.
(b) To be an educator.
(c) To bring laughter to the world.
(d) To be a good samaritan.
12. What does Tom realize he needs in order to marry Kitty?
(b) An education.
(c) A new suit.
(d) A house.
13. Kitty is very melancholy with memories of ___________________.
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her family.
(c) School days.
(d) Her ex-husband.
14. On what date does Nick tell the newsboy to return?
(a) August 7 of next year.
(b) November 7 of next year.
(c) June 7 of next year.
(d) April 7 of next year.
15. Why does Joe give Tom a nickel?
(a) To buy candy.
(b) To play the phonograph.
(c) To buy ice cream.
(d) To play the marble game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationality is Nick?
2. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
3. Joe is always eager, yet always ____________.
4. What type of performer was Kitty at one time?
5. Why is Wesley so excited when he returns to the bar?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)