|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these items is Kitty not talking about in her melancholy state?
(a) College days.
(b) Dead brother.
(c) Family home.
(d) Family dog.
2. Which of the following does Nick not say his bar attracts?
(a) College professors.
(b) Talent that doesn't show itself.
(c) Champagne buyers.
(d) Whores claiming to be ladies.
3. What does Harry think his purpose is in the world?
(a) To be an educator.
(b) To be a good samaritan.
(c) To be a philanthropist.
(d) To bring laughter to the world.
4. What stage name does Joe insist on calling Kitty?
(a) Miss Divine.
(b) Kitty Katz.
(c) Miss Fortune.
(d) Miss Duval.
5. What does Joe want Tom to get for him?
(a) Some coffee.
(b) A candy bar.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A watermelon.
6. Who is McCarthy?
(a) A tax accountant.
(b) A longshoreman.
(c) A City Council member.
(d) A beer truck driver.
7. What is the name of the horse that Joe claims to have won?
(a) Just Precious.
(b) Precious Moment.
(c) Precious Time.
(d) Just In Time.
8. What does Kit give the men in the bar all night?
(b) Free beer.
(c) Wild stories.
(d) Nickels for games.
9. What nationality do Joe and the woman share?
10. What does Joe say stopped him from crying as a young boy when his mother died?
11. How did Joe save Tom's life?
(a) Fed him chicken soup when he was ill.
(b) Gave him a kidney.
(c) Intervened in a mugging.
(d) Rescued him from a fire.
12. Why does Joe decide to unexpectedly accompany Tom to see Kitty?
(a) To give her a bus ticket.
(b) To offer her tuition money.
(c) To offer her a job.
(d) To stop her from crying.
13. Although the men in the bar think Harry is a good dancer, they are less enthusiastic about his ______________ skills.
14. Who is the woman who enters the bar and mesmerizes Tom?
(a) Kitty Duval.
(b) Kitty Dulaney.
(c) Kitty Katz.
(d) Kitty Devon.
15. Why does Joe give Tom a nickel?
(a) To play the marble game.
(b) To buy ice cream.
(c) To buy candy.
(d) To play the phonograph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry do while the other men in the bar engage in a spirited conversation?
2. Who is Krupp?
3. Who is the young black man to whom Nick gives a free lunch?
4. How often does Joe say that he drinks?
5. What city have Joe and Mary both visited?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)