|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What musical instrument does Wesley play?
2. What nationality is Nick?
3. Why does Joe decide to unexpectedly accompany Tom to see Kitty?
(a) To stop her from crying.
(b) To offer her a job.
(c) To give her a bus ticket.
(d) To offer her tuition money.
4. On what date does Nick tell the newsboy to return?
(a) June 7 of next year.
(b) August 7 of next year.
(c) November 7 of next year.
(d) April 7 of next year.
5. What is the letter on the front of Willie's sweater?
6. What does Harry do while the other men in the bar engage in a spirited conversation?
(a) Reads the newspaper.
(b) Plays the marble machine.
(c) Plays the phonograph.
(d) Works on his dance routine.
7. Why does Nick think so many different types of people come to his bar?
(a) The parking is free.
(b) The prices are low.
(c) They feel at home there.
(d) The food is really good.
8. What beverage does Joe buy for Kitty?
9. What is Dudley R. Bostwick's greatest need?
(a) To find his parents.
(b) To find a job.
(c) To find an apartment.
(d) To find a woman.
10. What nationality is the newsboy?
11. Who is the young black man to whom Nick gives a free lunch?
12. Which of the following is not something Tom associates with Joe?
(a) Going to work.
(b) Having drinks.
(c) Sitting around all day.
(d) Never running out of money.
13. How often does Joe say that he drinks?
(a) Only when he's bored.
(b) Only when he's awake.
(c) Only when he's thirsty.
(d) Only when he's depressed.
14. What is Murphy's real name?
(a) Johnny Carson.
(b) Bill Hickock.
(c) Wyatt Earp.
(d) Kit Carson.
15. Which of the following does Nick not say his bar attracts?
(a) Whores claiming to be ladies.
(b) College professors.
(c) Talent that doesn't show itself.
(d) Champagne buyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed since the first act?
2. What does Joe say that people spend 23 boring hours doing each day?
3. What song does the newsboy sing?
4. Which of these items is Kitty not talking about in her melancholy state?
5. What does Joe ask Mary to do?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)