|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joe doing at a table by himself?
(c) Playing cards
(d) Watching TV
2. What does Joe send Tom out to buy?
(a) A map of Europe and a gun.
(b) Some Cuban cigars.
(c) A case of champagne.
(d) Theater tickets.
3. What is the Arab's stock reply to almost everything?
(a) "No foundation, all the way down the line."
(b) "The early bird gets the worm."
(c) "What goes around, comes around."
(d) "Make hay while the sun shines."
4. Although the men in the bar think Harry is a good dancer, they are less enthusiastic about his ______________ skills.
5. What beverage does Joe buy for Kitty?
6. Kitty is very melancholy with memories of ___________________.
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) Her family.
(c) School days.
(d) Her grandmother.
7. Why is Dudley so excited after receiving a phone call?
(a) He got a new job.
(b) Elsie is coming to the bar.
(c) His wife just had a baby.
(d) His home loan was approved.
8. On what date does Nick tell the newsboy to return?
(a) August 7 of next year.
(b) April 7 of next year.
(c) November 7 of next year.
(d) June 7 of next year.
9. Which of the following is not something Tom associates with Joe?
(a) Going to work.
(b) Never running out of money.
(c) Having drinks.
(d) Sitting around all day.
10. What is Murphy's real name?
(a) Bill Hickock.
(b) Johnny Carson.
(c) Wyatt Earp.
(d) Kit Carson.
11. Why does Joe decide to unexpectedly accompany Tom to see Kitty?
(a) To give her a bus ticket.
(b) To offer her a job.
(c) To offer her tuition money.
(d) To stop her from crying.
12. What does Joe ask Mary to do?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Go to dinner.
13. What is Dudley R. Bostwick's greatest need?
(a) To find an apartment.
(b) To find a job.
(c) To find his parents.
(d) To find a woman.
14. What nationality is Nick?
15. What type of performer was Kitty at one time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe say stopped him from crying as a young boy when his mother died?
2. What does Joe do with all the newspapers he buys from the newsboy?
3. Who is McCarthy?
4. Who buys all the papers the newsboy has?
5. What does Kit give the men in the bar all night?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)