|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kolya prevent?
2. What is not happening to Bisesa's feet?
3. What is used as a purgative when one man has a fever?
4. What does the phone ask Bisesa?
5. What is Bisesa's project?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the speculation about the origin of the refugees?
2. What does Ruddy seem intent upon doing?
3. What is Bisesa's fear and who echoes it?
4. Describe the shrine that Alexander leads the pilgrimage to. How does he feel upon arrival?
5. What kinds of things does the Eye compel Seeker and Grasper to do?
6. What is the punishment for Kolya's leak of information and how is this not supposed to be a fate worse than death?
7. How does the lack of people in the city of Babylon unnerve everyone who enters the city?
8. What does Kolya explain and what is the Mongol's reaction?
9. What is Josh's idea regarding the animal kingdom of Mir?
10. Why does Kolya wish he could keep talking with Casey? Why is this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
If you could time travel in one direction, to what time frame would you travel and why? What would be your purpose of traveling to that era of time?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what kinds of advancements Abdikadir and Casey would have to provide to the Macedonians and British in order for them to advance society far enough where it would be conceivable for them to be somewhat modern. Is it likely to be achievable for them?
Essay Topic 3
What things would serve an individual the most being brought through time? Why? What kinds of problems does this book illustrate with one-way time travel?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)