|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cecil look run down?
2. What is Bisesa's project?
3. What has changed in Grasper and Seekers' lives?
4. What town has disappeared?
5. What do the Mongols do to the radio?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kolya manage to stay alive and what is he going to do?
2. What things does Bisesa retrieve from the Little Bird?
3. What is Josh's idea regarding the animal kingdom of Mir?
4. Describe the shrine that Alexander leads the pilgrimage to. How does he feel upon arrival?
5. What kinds of things does the Eye compel Seeker and Grasper to do?
6. How does the lack of people in the city of Babylon unnerve everyone who enters the city?
7. Why does Alexander want to parlay?
8. What does Bisesa finally tell Ruddy what will happen to him later in life?
9. Why does Josh attempt to comfort Bisesa? What is he willing to do?
10. What is Bisesa's fear and who echoes it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the different view points of the characters. How do they influence the development of the story? Speculate on how the story would have progressed without the secondary characters.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Firstborn's idea with fragmenting time. What do they hope to accomplish? Are they successful? Why or why not? In what ways could they have achieved the same affect and not destroyed the world as the humans know it?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of Time's Eye. Is there a moral of the story or an underlying current of value to the story? Is it strictly a work of fiction and no more? What evidence from the book leads you to these conclusions?
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)