|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most beautiful woman's name?
2. What is used as a purgative when one man has a fever?
3. How many days does Kolya need to wait?
4. What does Bisesa figure has happened to the magnetic core of Earth?
5. What are bell wethers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kolya explain and what is the Mongol's reaction?
2. What is Bisesa's fear and who echoes it?
3. Why does Alexander want to parlay?
4. How does the lack of people in the city of Babylon unnerve everyone who enters the city?
5. Why does Josh attempt to comfort Bisesa? What is he willing to do?
6. What does Ruddy seem intent upon doing?
7. What does the Firstborn intend to do and why? What is the objective of the Discontinuity?
8. What does Bisesa finally tell Ruddy what will happen to him later in life?
9. Why does Kolya wish he could keep talking with Casey? Why is this?
10. What is the punishment for Kolya's leak of information and how is this not supposed to be a fate worse than death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What things would serve an individual the most being brought through time? Why? What kinds of problems does this book illustrate with one-way time travel?
Essay Topic 2
Explain what Josh meant when he comforts Bisesa. Provide an explanation why Josh could not or would not be brought forward in time, but the dirt and remnants of the world Bisesa has been in adhered to her clothes.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what kinds of advancements Abdikadir and Casey would have to provide to the Macedonians and British in order for them to advance society far enough where it would be conceivable for them to be somewhat modern. Is it likely to be achievable for them?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)