|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is it that Sable and Kolya meet at the end of chapter twenty?
2. What does the rain taste like?
3. What did the soldiers use to soften boot leather?
4. What does Eumenes pride himself on?
5. What is unchanged about the Earths' surface?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the objective of the Oikumens and how are they going about accomplishing that objective?
2. What is Alexander so interested in discussing?
3. What is a 'babu' and why does it make Bisesa glare?
4. Why does Grasper seem at home in the makeshift cage?
5. Why is it impossible for Tau Ceti to nova?
6. Why does Hephaistion suffer over the King?
7. Why does the crew of the Soyuz have to land near people?
8. Why does being out of contact spook Bisesa?
9. How has Kolya formed an attachment to the International Space Station?
10. Why does the phone fail to reveal all the information?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Sable. Describe her personality. What kind of person is she? Who is she easily comparable to throughout the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the theme of Time's Eye. Is there a moral of the story or an underlying current of value to the story? Is it strictly a work of fiction and no more? What evidence from the book leads you to these conclusions?
Essay Topic 3
Provide a reason as to why Bisesa's time frame is not sampled. How does this make life all the more difficult for Bisesa and the people from the twenty-first century? What kinds of things has to be retaught to the remaining humanity and what revolutions are likely to occur within a short period of time?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)