|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What century are the Castaways of Time in?
2. Who is the first one to offer Bisesa help?
3. What could the cosmonauts smell?
4. What two things are not returned to Bisesa and her crew?
5. What has been one of the King's earliest initiatives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Grasper seem at home in the makeshift cage?
2. Why does Hephaistion suffer over the King?
3. What does Ruddy say in regards to Bisesa's position on morality?
4. What is the objective of the Oikumens and how are they going about accomplishing that objective?
5. What is the Mongol way of conquest?
6. What moment has Musa been waiting for?
7. Why does being out of contact spook Bisesa?
8. How does Sable have a good idea of who they are coming up against when they land?
9. Where does Bisesa live as a child and what happens to that place?
10. Why does the phone fail to reveal all the information?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the Firstborn's view of humanity. Why is it unlikely that they care about the affect of the Discontinuity on the residents of the planet? How does this play up to their view of the sanctity of life?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Bisesa's reliance on her Puritabs. What is her intention by continuing to use them and why? What is interesting to note about their bodily reaction to being sent through time? Who fares worse compared to who?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Sable. Describe her personality. What kind of person is she? Who is she easily comparable to throughout the story?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)