|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bisesa say Casey broke?
2. What according to Kipling is the mark of civilizations?
3. What do Josh and Ruddy think about the chopper?
4. What is the greatest animal brought forward for the amusement of the Golden family?
5. What does Abdikadir get called by the British troops?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is strange about the sphere to Seeker?
2. Who does Sable finally manage to get in contact with? What pleases her besides this?
3. How is Captain Grove as isolated as Bisesa?
4. Why would heading to Chicago pose some major difficulties?
5. What is the objective of the Oikumens and how are they going about accomplishing that objective?
6. Why is it impossible for Tau Ceti to nova?
7. Why does the crew of the Soyuz have to land near people?
8. How has Kolya formed an attachment to the International Space Station?
9. Why does Hephaistion suffer over the King?
10. Why does being out of contact spook Bisesa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What things would serve an individual the most being brought through time? Why? What kinds of problems does this book illustrate with one-way time travel?
Essay Topic 2
The consciousness of the man apes forever expands following the examination of their bodies. Explain what could lead to this leap in cranial activity. Could the same thing be possible of primates of our time? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the pros and cons to time travel. What could be some massive problems associated with time travel? What issues might arise upon return? How could it be possible to travel through time and not leave a change in the causality?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)