|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gratifies Bisesa when she replies to the order to strip?
(a) The look of contempt on McKnight's face.
(b) The look of genuine shock on McKnight's face.
(c) None of these.
(d) The look of pity on McKnight's face.
2. How many pages does H.G. Wells need to explain what a time machine is?
3. Where does the group decide to go to?
4. Where is the denser scattering of fires?
(a) In Africa, where Egypt would be.
(b) In South America.
(c) In North America.
(d) In central Asia where Mongolia would be.
5. How big is the new island going to be?
(a) Bigger than England
(b) Bigger than New Zealand.
(c) Bigger than Greenland.
(d) Bigger than Iceland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kolya say the problem might be?
2. What two things are not returned to Bisesa and her crew?
3. What two things are given to the cosmonauts for breakfast?
4. How many days has the Soyuz been circling the Earth?
5. What is unchanged about the Earths' surface?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Captain Grove as isolated as Bisesa?
2. What is Sable's reaction to the new planet name?
3. Why does Moallim attack the chopper?
4. What is strange about the sphere to Seeker?
5. Who do Sable and Kolya eventually meet and what is Sable's reaction to this person?
6. What moment has Musa been waiting for?
7. What does Musa suggest to rename Earth and why?
8. How does Sable make herself understood? What does this show about her character?
9. What is a 'babu' and why does it make Bisesa glare?
10. How does Kolya react to the Mongol's reaction to Musa?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)