|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men will head to Jamrud?
(a) A thousand.
(b) Twelve hundred.
(c) Two thousand.
(d) Five hundred.
2. What could the cosmonauts smell?
3. What does the new name for the planet Earth mean?
(a) Both of these.
(c) Neither of these.
4. Who wants to see the group?
(a) Captain Tries.
(b) Captain Grave.
(c) Captain Grove.
(d) Captain Tyne.
5. What does the Macedonians call the Discontinuity?
(a) The day the world is never the same.
(b) The day the sun lurches across the sky.
(c) The day the world change entirely.
(d) The day the stars change places.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Mongols do in their saddles?
2. What is Abdi doing?
3. What fictional character does Sable compare Kolya to?
4. What do the Oikumens hope to do?
5. Who does Alexander the Great regard as his only true love of his life?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Eye sphere so unique?
2. Why does Bisesa avoid telling the people of Jamrud their future?
3. Why does the notion of heading to Babylon appeal to both the Macedonians and the British?
4. How does Kolya react to the Mongol's reaction to Musa?
5. What is the turning point in the way the Mongols treat Sable?
6. Why does being out of contact spook Bisesa?
7. Who do Sable and Kolya eventually meet and what is Sable's reaction to this person?
8. Who does Sable finally manage to get in contact with? What pleases her besides this?
9. Where does Bisesa live as a child and what happens to that place?
10. What are some alternative reasons to head to the closer location?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)