|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator feel about Odilo Unverdorben's father?
(a) He looks forward to returning into the father's body as sperm.
(b) He is afraid that the father hates Odilo.
(c) He is happy about returning to a healthy, strong man.
(d) He cannot forgive Odilo's father for killing him.
2. What is the name of Odilo Unverdorben's baby?
3. What kind of irony does the author use by letting the narrator know things none of the other characters knows?
(a) Dramatic irony.
(b) Tragic irony.
(c) Comic irony.
(d) Cosmic irony.
4. How are women and children processed at Auschwitz?
(a) With supernatural power.
(b) With hard labor.
(c) With gas and fire.
(d) With electricity and feces.
5. Where does Odilo Unverdorben live with his wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think when he sees the rail station at Treblinka?
2. What does the narrator think the patients feel about being gathered at Auschwitz?
3. How does the narrator feel about Uncle Pepi?
4. How does the narrator experience the change from Auschwitz to Schless-Hartheim?
5. What does Uncle Pepi keep in a box on his desk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the narrator's last experience before he dies?
2. How does the narrator's impression of the killings at Schless-Hartheim increase the reader's sense of sympathy for the people the Nazis killed there?
3. Describe the narrator's relationship with Odilo Unverdorben in the years before/after Odilo began to work in the camps.
4. What are the conditions the narrator finds when Odile Unverdorben arrives at Auschwitz?
5. How does the narrator describe the Jews' experiences at Auschwitz?
6. How does the narrator's relationship with Herta progress?
7. Describe the irony of the narrator's impression of Odilo Unverdorben's relationship with Jews.
8. How does Odilo Unverdorben's language change during his time at Auschwitz?
9. Describe Herta's feelings about Auschwitz.
10. Describe the narrator's relationship with Odilo Unverdorben's father.
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)