|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vonnegut want to work for before he went to college?
2. Where do Vonnegut and Trout go after the play?
3. Who translated the King James Bible into English?
4. What type of alarm goes off after the timequake ends?
5. What stops on its own accord?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what Vonnegut sees as the difference between his work and his brother's.
2. How did Vonnegut's step grandmother affect him and the other grandchildren?
3. What does Vonnegut type his work on?
4. Describe Vonnegut's step grandmother.
5. What does Trout find after the timequake that he becomes destructive with?
6. What does Vonnegut think a future study should be?
7. Why is the hospital turned into a barracks?
8. What nearly crushes Prince as free will returns?
9. What do Vonnegut's parents' observations suggest?
10. Describe Vonnegut's experience at the stationary store.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Vonnegut perceives religion and how he influences those that are religious.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and explain what Vonnegut suggest about fate versus free will when the timequake ends and free will once again resumes?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the inclusion of Hitler and repeated imagery of World War II in "Timequake."
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)