|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Trout and his companion tell the homeless men?
2. How does Vonnegut feel about socialism in Chapter 25?
3. What does the author believe should be repudiated now that he is older?
4. How does the author view folk art?
5. What does the author promote in an abstract way?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to traffic after the timequake ends?
2. What did Vonnegut turn down to go to college instead?
3. What do Vonnegut's parents observe?
4. What do Vonnegut's parents' observations suggest?
5. Who inspires Vonnegut's love for books?
6. What does Vonnegut want in a family?
7. Discuss what Vonnegut sees as the difference between his work and his brother's.
8. What nearly crushes Prince as free will returns?
9. What does Vonnegut think about socialism?
10. What does Trout find after the timequake that he becomes destructive with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how Vonnegut perceives religion and how he influences those that are religious.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Vonnegut's opinion of his brother's artwork to his opinion of his own work. How does Vonnegut compare literary to folk art?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Vonnegut's unusual writing and presentation of the events in his novel "Timequake."
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)