|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Trout's parents observe their animals?
2. What does Vonnegut observe happens to humans once they reach a certain age?
3. What needs to be redistributed upward according to Vonnegut?
4. Why did Vonnegut choose to go to college rather than take his dream job?
5. What does Vonnegut think is worth pursuing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Vonnegut's step grandmother affect him and the other grandchildren?
2. Discuss what Vonnegut sees as the difference between his work and his brother's.
3. How does Vonnegut feel about his brother's art?
4. What does Vonnegut want in a family?
5. What did Vonnegut turn down to go to college instead?
6. What does Vonnegut think about socialism?
7. Who inspires Vonnegut's love for books?
8. What assassination does Vonnegut describe?
9. What does Trout do when the timequake ends?
10. Describe what Vonnegut thinks about humans and their choices in life.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss and analyze Trout's eccentricities and how his weird and quirky thoughts and behaviors are reflective of Vonnegut's own repressed emotions.
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Vonnegut's unusual writing and presentation of the events in his novel "Timequake."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Vonnegut perceives religion and how he influences those that are religious.
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)