|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does the author go to see an art exhibit?
2. What new study does Vonnegut desire humans to invest their time in?
3. What does Trout admit about his actions after the timequake ended?
4. What did Vonnegut argue women tended to be?
5. What assassin does Vonnegut mention?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Vonnegut thinks about humans and their choices in life.
2. What does Trout admit his actions post timequake were?
3. What did Vonnegut turn down to go to college instead?
4. Why is the hospital turned into a barracks?
5. What does Trout do when the timequake ends?
6. Describe what swoopers and bashers are.
7. Who does Vonnegut consider the best English author?
8. How does Vonnegut feel about his brother's art?
9. What does Vonnegut type his work on?
10. Who inspires Vonnegut's love for books?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain and analyze how writing can become an addiction. What are the dangers of the addiction of writing in comparison to other addictions like drugs and alcohol?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and explain how humans begin to see evolution failing its inhabitants. What is observed in "Timequake" to bring about this idea?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and discuss the presentation of events in "Timequake" in connection to Vonnegut's death. How do they parallel?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)