|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Vonnegut's first wife's name?
2. What remains calm during the return of free will?
(a) The street Prince is on.
(b) The skies.
(c) The street Trout is on.
3. What was the result in the grandchildren for their grandfather's second wife's treatment?
(a) A disdain for American aristocracy.
(b) A disdain for European aristorcracy.
(d) A disdain for European and American aristocracy.
4. What does Trout take a picture of when the timequake ends?
(a) The streets.
(b) The wall.
(c) The sofa.
(d) The sky.
5. What was his father chosen to be at his hunting shack?
(a) The camp doctor.
(b) The camp counselor.
(c) The camp cook.
(d) The camp preacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What assassin does Vonnegut mention?
2. What family member does the author discuss in Chapter 43 after he talks about his grandfather's second wife?
3. What emotion did Vonnegut's grandfather's second wife act on?
4. What did Trout's parents study?
5. Who did his grandfather marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Kilgore Creed?
2. Describe Vonnegut's step grandmother.
3. Describe Vonnegut's experience at the stationary store.
4. Discuss what Vonnegut sees as the difference between his work and his brother's.
5. What does Vonnegut think a future study should be?
6. How did Vonnegut's step grandmother affect him and the other grandchildren?
7. What did Vonnegut turn down to go to college instead?
8. What does Trout find after the timequake that he becomes destructive with?
9. What assassination does Vonnegut describe?
10. Describe what Vonnegut thinks about humans and their choices in life.
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)