|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was his father chosen to be at his hunting shack?
(a) The camp preacher.
(b) The camp doctor.
(c) The camp cook.
(d) The camp counselor.
2. Who translated the King James Bible into English?
3. In what state does the author go to see an art exhibit?
(c) New York.
4. What stops on its own accord?
(b) The alarm.
(c) All volume.
5. Who would give Vonnegut all the best literary work's written?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His mother.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His grandfather.
6. What did Vonnegut want to work for before he went to college?
(a) A publishing company.
(b) A large newspaper.
(c) An editorial.
(d) A magazine.
7. Who was ringing the doorbell when the alarm was going off?
8. What does Trout discover in Chapter 46 after the timequake has ended?
(a) The time machine.
(b) The gun.
(c) The money.
(d) The smoke alarm.
9. What item did Trout acquire after the timequake's end?
(a) A gun.
(b) A bazooka.
(c) A drum set.
(d) A harmonica.
10. What would be the next step towards idealism after woman's rights?
(a) Economic justice.
(c) A Bill of Rights.
11. What do the observations of the animals suggest about evolution?
(a) It is innate.
(b) It is working.
(c) It is failing.
(d) It has failed us.
12. Who did his grandfather marry?
(a) A young woman.
(b) An older lady.
(c) A crazy pianist.
(d) A crazy violinist.
13. What does Trout let out after the curtains close?
(a) Gas cannisters.
(b) An audible sob.
(c) His binoculars.
(d) His handkerchief.
14. Why do no emergency response teams ever come to anyone's help?
(a) They are all gone.
(b) They are in peril too.
(c) They have no fuel to get there.
(d) They are too busy.
15. What do Trout and his companion tell the homeless men?
(a) The Ode to Prosperity.
(b) The Ode to Homeless men.
(c) The Kilgore's Creed.
(d) The Trout Creed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hospital mentioned that treated drug addicts?
2. What did Trout's hospital get turned into?
3. What did Trout blow up after the timequake's end?
4. What did people regard Vonnegut as?
5. Who instilled Vonnegut's love for books in him?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)