|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of alarm goes off after the timequake ends?
(a) A fire alarm.
(b) A tornado alarm.
(c) A smoke alarm.
(d) A protective alarm.
2. What assassin does Vonnegut mention?
(a) He never mentions an assassin.
(b) Lee Harvey Ozwald.
(c) John Wilkes Booth.
(d) Hitler and the Nazi's.
3. What did people regard Vonnegut as?
(a) Hot stuff.
4. What stops on its own accord?
(a) All volume.
(c) The alarm.
5. What is later recited in schools after the Pledge of Allegiance?
(a) The Holy prayer.
(b) The Trout's Creed.
(c) The Lord's prayer.
(d) The Kilgore's Creed.
6. What does Vonnegut realize about socialism?
(a) Its ideals are impossible.
(b) Its ideals will never be realized.
(c) Its ideals have negative results.
(d) Its ideals are ironic.
7. What did Trout's hospital get turned into?
(a) A war zone.
(c) Artillery loading zone.
8. What does Vonnegut think is worth pursuing?
(a) An economically just society.
(b) A socialist society.
(c) A beureaucratic sociey.
(d) A religious society.
9. What did Vonnegut want to work for before he went to college?
(a) An editorial.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A publishing company.
(d) A large newspaper.
10. What type of family does Vonnegut desire?
(a) A closely knit conglomeration.
(b) A small family.
(c) No family at all.
(d) A large and loud family.
11. What is Trout's advice to people after the timequake ends?
(a) To eat healthy.
(b) To stay home.
(c) To exercise.
(d) To find their loved ones.
12. Where do Vonnegut and Trout go after the play?
(a) A pig cook.
(b) A clambake.
(c) A crawfish boil.
(d) A picnic.
13. What ends the play on cue in Chapter 61?
(a) A whistle.
(b) A fire drill.
(c) An alarm.
(d) A tornado.
14. What was his father chosen to be at his hunting shack?
(a) The camp counselor.
(b) The camp cook.
(c) The camp doctor.
(d) The camp preacher.
15. Who does Vonnegut give credit to being the best English writer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not impressed when Trout tells them free will has been reinstated?
2. What does the author look at at the end of "Timequake"?
3. What do the observations of the animals suggest about evolution?
4. What family member does the author discuss in Chapter 43 after he talks about his grandfather's second wife?
5. What does Vonnegut take with Trout in Chapter 63?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)