|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vonnegut want to work for before he went to college?
(a) An editorial.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A publishing company.
(d) A large newspaper.
2. What item did Trout acquire after the timequake's end?
(a) A drum set.
(b) A harmonica.
(c) A gun.
(d) A bazooka.
3. Who did his grandfather marry?
(a) A crazy violinist.
(b) An older lady.
(c) A crazy pianist.
(d) A young woman.
4. Which of the following does Vonnegut NOT believe socialism will eliminate?
5. Who is not impressed when Trout tells them free will has been reinstated?
6. What did the government declare as a result of the reinstated free will?
(b) Martial law.
(c) Marshall law.
7. What family member does the author discuss in Chapter 43 after he talks about his grandfather's second wife?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His dad.
(d) His sister.
8. What river does one fire truck roll into backwards?
(a) The Husdon River.
(b) The Potomic River.
(c) The Mississippi River.
(d) The Tallahatchee River.
9. What does Trout discover in Chapter 46 after the timequake has ended?
(a) The money.
(b) The gun.
(c) The time machine.
(d) The smoke alarm.
10. What does Vonnegut take with Trout in Chapter 63?
(a) A shot of vodka.
(b) A shot of whiskey.
(c) The stage.
(d) Money from the bank.
11. Where do Vonnegut and Trout go after the play?
(a) A crawfish boil.
(b) A clambake.
(c) A pig cook.
(d) A picnic.
12. Who translated the King James Bible into English?
13. What did Vonnegut's first wife die from?
(b) A car crash.
(d) Believing in Christianity.
14. In what state does the author go to see an art exhibit?
(b) New York.
15. Who does Vonnegut send his pages of work to?
(a) His publisher.
(b) His mom.
(c) His long term typist.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Trout's advice to people after the timequake ends?
2. What does Vonnegut still write on?
3. What is the name of the hospital mentioned that treated drug addicts?
4. What do Trout and his companion tell the homeless men?
5. What new study does Vonnegut desire humans to invest their time in?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)