|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Trout doing when the timequake went into effect?
2. What does the human race continue to devise cleverly?
(a) Doomsday devices.
3. How old was Vonnegut's granddaughter when she performed in a play?
(a) 12 years old.
(b) 13 years old.
(c) 14 years old.
(d) 11 years old.
4. What was Monica working on when the timequake went into effect?
(a) Typing a letter.
(b) Taking a shower.
(c) Walking her dog.
(d) Working on the Academy budget.
5. What is Trout's disguise intended to do?
(b) Evoke sympathy in the onlooker.
(c) Better understand Trout's character.
(d) Give background information.
6. Who did Zolant Pepper go to high school with?
7. What common expression does Vonnegut give detail on?
(a) "Out of sight, out of mind."
(b) "Ring a ding ding."
(c) "Ting a ling."
(d) "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."
8. What is the response from the person Vonnegut writes to when he is restless about his writing?
(b) To go on a vacation.
(c) To take a sebatical.
(d) His prose was turned into poetry.
9. What is the condition of humans' free will during the timequake?
(a) It is in operation.
(b) It is suspended.
(c) There is no implcation.
(d) That it will revert to normal after ten years.
10. Who does Vonnegut write to during his restlessness about his writing?
(a) A poet friend.
(b) His dad.
(c) Another writer.
(d) His mom.
11. Where do people find themselves when the universe stops for a decade?
(a) Ten years back.
(b) Ten hours behind.
(c) Suspended fro ten years.
(d) Ten years forward.
12. What does Vonnegut tell the reader he stripped of all its bad pieces in the prologue?
(a) A garden.
(b) A novel.
(c) A steak.
(d) A song.
13. Who hopes to find an "important message from a higher power" in Trout's writing?
14. What kind of expressions does Vonnegut mention throughout his description of Hitler and life on autopilot?
(a) Prophetic expressions.
(b) Colloquial expressions.
(c) New expressions.
(d) Existential expressions.
15. What does Vonnegut predict jock itch will become fatal with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Monica Pepper work?
2. What do cars and airplanes do on auto pilot?
3. What year in high school was Zolant when he stole another student's work?
4. What does Trout do with the stories he writes?
5. How does the author view his writing?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)