|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of expressions does Vonnegut mention throughout his description of Hitler and life on autopilot?
(a) New expressions.
(b) Colloquial expressions.
(c) Existential expressions.
(d) Prophetic expressions.
2. How does Hitler die according to "Bingo Bunker Party"?
(a) He dies of cancer.
(b) He dies from pneumonia.
(c) He shoots himself.
(d) He is shot.
3. How old was Vonnegut's granddaughter when she performed in a play?
(a) 13 years old.
(b) 11 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 14 years old.
4. Who does Vonnegut believe humanism is for?
(a) The depressed.
(b) The middle class.
(c) The poor.
(d) The wealthy.
5. What was Trout doing when the timequake went into effect?
6. Who makes several insightful observations about the events at the party?
(a) No one.
7. What does Vonnegut reflect on at the beginning of Chapter 17?
8. What type of genre is "Timequake"?
(b) Science fiction.
9. Who is Kilgore Trout?
(a) Vonnegut's sister.
(b) Vonnegut's best friend.
(c) Vonnegut's alter ego.
(d) Vonnegut's brother.
10. Who does Vonnegut write to during his restlessness about his writing?
(a) His mom.
(b) Another writer.
(c) A poet friend.
(d) His dad.
11. How does Trout dress in Chapter 12?
(a) Like a homeless person.
(b) Like a janitor.
(c) Like a bag lady.
(d) Like a business man.
12. How does Trout want people to perceive him?
(a) Sane and dangerous.
(b) Dangerous, but insane.
(c) Insane, but harmless.
(d) Harmless, but insane.
13. What were Vonnegut's sibling's lives like?
(b) Sad and hard.
(c) Unremarkable, yet satisfying.
(d) Long and suspended.
14. What is Vonnegut's oldest sister's name?
15. What does Vonnegut claim Satan is?
(a) A male.
(b) A female.
(c) A god.
(d) A deity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the writer's retreat?
2. Who shows Zolant Trout's manuscript?
3. What addiction does Vonnegut claim is possible for people?
4. What does Trout feel contempt for?
5. What does Vonnegut compare his action of stripping out the bad pieces to?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)