|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hopes to find an "important message from a higher power" in Trout's writing?
2. What does Vonnegut reflect on that impressed him during his life?
(a) Theatrical plays.
(d) Song and dance.
3. What were Vonnegut's sibling's lives like?
(a) Sad and hard.
(b) Unremarkable, yet satisfying.
(d) Long and suspended.
4. What did Zolant's teacher immediately accuse him of upon turning in his paper?
5. What was the inventor of the Soviet hydrogen bomb rewarded with?
(a) The Nobel Peace Prize.
(c) A lot of money.
(d) A high governmental title.
6. What common expression does Vonnegut give detail on?
(a) "Out of sight, out of mind."
(b) "Ting a ling."
(c) "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."
(d) "Ring a ding ding."
7. How does Trout want people to perceive him?
(a) Harmless, but insane.
(b) Sane and dangerous.
(c) Insane, but harmless.
(d) Dangerous, but insane.
8. What happened to the copy of "The Sisters B-36"?
(a) Allie threw it away.
(b) Trout threw it away.
(c) It was published.
(d) Vonngeut threw it away.
9. What does Vonnegut argue most people would like life to be like?
(a) A long experience.
(d) A quick experience.
10. What kind of expressions does Vonnegut mention throughout his description of Hitler and life on autopilot?
(a) Colloquial expressions.
(b) Existential expressions.
(c) New expressions.
(d) Prophetic expressions.
11. Who did Zolant Pepper go to high school with?
12. What is Vonnegut's oldest sister's name?
13. What is the title of Trout's unfinished memoir mentioned in Chapter 16?
(a) "Life in Suspension."
(b) "My Ten Years Suspended."
(c) "Life on Hold."
(d) "My Ten Years on Automatic Pilot."
14. Who wrote "The Sisters B-36"?
(b) No one.
15. What does Fleon buy?
(a) A shirt.
(b) A suitcase.
(d) A suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vonnegut write abut at the end of Chapter 25?
2. Who does Vonnegut believe humanism is for?
3. How does the author view his writing?
4. What does Vonnegut attribute his friend's tears who cried from an author's writing to?
5. What is the condition of humans' free will during the timequake?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)