|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which, of the following metals, is mentioned as part of the Time Machine?
2. How does the Time Traveler attempt to communicate the concept of time to the first Eloi he meets?
(a) He uses math, the universal language.
(b) He points to the sun.
(c) He looks at his watch.
(d) He lectures them on the Fourth Dimension.
3. Why does the Time Traveler remove something from the machine when he meets the Eloi and prepares to leave the machine?
(a) So the Eloi cannot figure out how to build their own.
(b) So the Eloi will not sell the time machine on the black market.
(c) So he can travel back in time without the machine.
(d) So it cannot be operated.
4. The Time Traveler assumes that his voice is too what for the Eloi?
(a) Biting and caustic.
(b) Sonorous and scathing.
(c) Rough and loud.
(d) Harsh and deep.
5. Of what foodstuff does the diet of the Eloi consist?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the Editor offer to pay for the Time Traveler's story?
2. What does the Time Traveler describe the first Eloi he sees as?
3. What are the adjectives Wells uses to describe the language of the Eloi?
4. Where does the Time Traveler store the object(s) he removes from the time machine?
5. Approximately how tall are the creatures?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)