|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what metal is the pedestal of the Sphinx made?
2. Which of the following dinner guests was at the second dinner, but NOT at the first?
(b) The Very Young Man.
3. The Time Traveler recognizes the landscape of the Eloi as the valley of what river from his own time?
(a) The Floss.
(b) The Mississippi.
(c) The Thames.
(d) The Danube.
4. How does the Time Traveler describe the feeling of the Eloi touching him?
(a) As weird little tickles.
(b) As soft little tentacles.
(c) As disgusting little claws.
(d) As strange little hooks.
5. Approximately how many Eloi are there in the great hall?
(a) A couple hundred.
(b) About 75.
(c) Several thousand.
(d) Between 500 and 1000.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does the Editor offer to pay for the Time Traveler's story?
2. What is the term for a problem in time travel or a contradiction of the timeline mentioned by the Psychologist in Chapter 1?
3. Whom did the narrator meet on Friday at the Linnaeum?
4. What best describes the "prettiness" of the Eloi, when the Time Traveler first meets them?
5. What academic subject is based on misconceptions, according to the Time Traveler?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)