|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under which social or political system does it appear the Eloi are living, to the Time Traveler?
2. Whom did the narrator meet on Friday at the Linnaeum?
(a) The Medical Man.
(b) The Provincial Mayor.
(c) The Psychologist.
3. What was the Morlocks' plan inside the White Sphinx?
(a) To steal the time machine and go back in time.
(b) To free the Time Traveler.
(c) The capture as many Eloi as they could.
(d) To lure the Time Traveler to his own death.
4. In what type of clothing is the group of figures the Time Traveler sees clad?
(a) "Somber frocks."
(b) "Soft robes."
(c) "Tawdry togs."
(d) "Fine dresses."
5. Of what metal is the pedestal of the Sphinx made?
Short Answer Questions
1. What objects were the Morlocks attempting to pry out of the Time Traveler's fingers while they were struggling in the dark?
2. What color is the first Eloi's tunic?
3. What is the Time Traveler smoking?
4. How does the Time Traveler attempt to communicate the concept of time to the first Eloi he meets?
5. How many times did the Time Traveler see "Morlocks put their heads down in a kind of agony and rush into the flames"?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)