|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gomez do with the extra nav marker?
(a) Burns it
(b) Re-charges it
(c) Gives it to Marek
(d) Files it away for future reference
2. What concept does Stern explain to the group as they are traveling to ITC headquarters?
(a) Waves as inversions of cosines
(b) Inter-dimensional sound
(c) Quantum foam
(d) Quarks as thought entities
3. What does Marek say when Chris decides not to make the trip?
(a) Marek tells him it is his choice
(b) Marek says he is a coward
(c) Marek punches him and puts him in a cage
(d) Marek insists Chris goes
4. What does Gordon say they cannot take with them?
(a) Anything that would be anachronistic
(b) Any identifying documents
(c) Any other food
(d) Their modern-day clothing
5. What protocol does Doniger say Johnston violated?
(a) He did not carry a return chip
(b) He tried to take items from the present with him
(c) He left the machine
(d) He did not violate any protocols
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Doniger's response about Stern's question concerning time paradox?
2. Why are Marek and Chris arrested?
3. Who does Lady Claire say has been captured?
4. To whom does the boy in the chapter “Castelgard” lead Chris?
5. How far below the earth's surface is the secure travel facility?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gordon explain about the nav button Sue Gomez carries?
2. What happens almost immediately to Gomez and Baretto in the chapter “Castelgard”?
3. How does Kate's state of mind change, and what does that help her to do?
4. What particular unanswered question bothers David Stern, and what is Doniger's reaction to David's question?
5. What does Claire do just as Chris is being led off for a bath?
6. What does the Professor whisper to Kate and Marek the minute he sees them?
7. What horrifies Kate about the entire travel concept?
8. How does Doniger explain the Professor's absence?
9. What surprises Chris about his bath?
10. What does Gordon explain to David about the reconstitution of the travelers?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)