|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one town Sir Oliver de Vannes conquers in the Hundred Years War?
2. What does Dan notice about the man's body temperature?
(b) It is cool
(c) It seems almost as if he were frozen
(d) Nothing unusual
3. Why does Sophie leave Chris to take care of her horse?
(a) She stays to help Kate
(b) She is injured
(c) She goes off with another man
(d) The horse bucks and she is too frightened to go further
4. What caused Chris' grades to drop at one time during his school career?
(a) His alcoholism
(b) His devastation at the death of his parents
(c) His philandering
(d) His interest in sports
5. What does Louise Delvert say that alarms Professor Johnston?
(a) This site was excavated in the early 19th Century
(b) ITC has purchased a lot of land around the site
(c) The French are planning to cut the budget in half
(d) The Germans want more control over the excavation
6. Where has a new discovery been made at the site?
(a) Grid 4
(b) Under some wreckage at the tower
(c) Grid 1
(d) Grid 7
7. Where in Europe is a reporter nosing into ITC projects?
8. What does the old man suddenly begin to do?
(a) Shake uncontrollably
(b) Scream at the doctor
(c) Vomit blood
(d) Breathe rapidly
9. Upon what is Quantum technology based?
(a) Threaded realities
(b) The use of anti-matter
(c) Subatomic reality
(d) Occam's razor
10. Who annoys Chris at dinner in Sarlat?
(b) Kate's New York visitors
11. Who is Edwardus de Johnes?
(a) The inventor of the vamous water mill on the Dordogne
(b) A mysterious figure with a mythical reputation
(c) Arnaut's second in command
(d) The prior of the monastery that Arnaut destroys
12. What does Arnaut de Cervole decimate on a rampage with other renegade knights?
(a) Four convents
(b) A famous painting of the Bride of Christ
(c) The Monastery of Sainte-Mire
(d) A cathedral in the city of Mount Pelide
13. What does Liz do for a living?
14. Who is excavating Monastery Saint-Mere in France?
(a) A group of archeologists from Oxford and Harvard
(b) A team of archeologists from the University of Freiburg
(c) A team of archeologists from the Sorbonne
(d) Archeologists from Yale
15. Why does Katherine take samples of the mortar?
(a) To date them
(b) To figure out the composition of them
(c) She does not take samples of the mortar
(d) To learn how the masons lay the brick
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris think about Kate at dinner in Sarlat?
2. Who is Richard Feynman?
3. How is Arnaut successful in bringing down the fortress?
4. Why do the orderlies strap the man down at the hospital?
5. What had been established by the mid-1990s concerning Quantum technology?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)