|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Arnaut chase for a showdown?
(a) The Mother Superior of one of the convents he destroys
(b) Sir Oliver
(c) Sir John Dupries
(d) The King's band of personal knights
2. What is David Stern's job at the project site?
(a) Payroll and Supply
(b) Research of items found
(c) Technology expert
3. What does Doniger want a security officer to do to cover the death of Traub?
(a) Leave false tracks leading to an impenetrable canyon
(c) Recover Traub's body
(d) Take a car out and abandon it on the reservation
4. What is Elsie Kastner's job at the site?
(d) In charge of the acid baths
5. Who is Richard Feynman?
(a) Traub's brother-in-law who is suspicious about Traub's death
(b) A physicist who postulated about quantum computers
(c) An investigator with the FBI
(d) A doctor who is suspicious of Traub's death
6. To what area of the woods do Chris and David go?
(a) Where there had been a ferry
(b) Where there had been a footbridge
(c) Where the castle wall once stood
(d) Where the water well was in place
7. What is one thing that happened when ITC's luck seem to have failed on a recent recovery expedition?
(a) DNA was irretrievably altered in a sizable population of the Western world
(b) Several thousand people disappeared
(c) Two persons died
(d) A black hole the size of a pinhead was created
8. What was Arnaut de Cervole's former occupation?
9. Who is Louise Delvert?
(a) An archeologist who specialized in building materials of the Middle Ages.
(b) Chris' latest flame.
(c) A reporter who believes there is a conspiracy surrounding the excavation site.
(d) Professor Johnston's wife.
10. What is odd about the old man's fingertips?
(a) They are a different color than the rest of his skin
(b) Nothing unusual
(c) They appear frostbitten
(d) They have been sanded to remove prints
11. What happens if Marek does not get past the t-bar quickly enough?
(b) A gate comes down and traps him
(c) A loud buzzer sounds
(d) It swings back and hits him on the head
12. What does Marek suggest when it's obvious everyone at the site is upset?
(a) They all travel to a particular region of France to do some wine tasting
(b) They all go into town and go to see a new play
(c) They all take a day off
(d) They meet in the evenings for a drink and discuss news
13. What does the doctor want to ascertain before sedating the old man?
(a) Why he is cold
(b) If he has a skull fracture
(c) Who he is
(d) Nothing; she orders sedation immediately
14. What is John Gordon's position at ITC?
(a) Head researcher
(b) Non-voting board member
(c) Senior Vice President
15. What does Liz do for a living?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dan Baker driving?
2. What does the Professor insist upon doing with Kramer?
3. What is significant about "mon.ste.mere"?
4. Why does Katherine take samples of the mortar?
5. What is the man wearing that lies beside the road where Dan and Liz are driving?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)