|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ruben apologize to Si in the warehouse?
2. Where does Si wait while the board of directors discusses his second trip into the past?
3. In Chapter 5, what letter does Katie show Si?
4. What is the theme of Chapter 6?
5. How does Ruben know that Katie went with Si into the past?
Short Essay Questions
1. Si's first day at his new job begins with a tour of the agency. What is the most beneficial thing he sees?
2. Why did Si accept Ruben's job offer after his outing with Katie?
3. When Si and Katie both go to the past how does the experience make them feel physically?
4. After going through the psychological tests at the agency, what makes Dr. Rossoff say Si is perfect for the job?
5. How would you describe Simon Morley?
6. What about the photographs Si that looks at during training makes him more excited about his impending trip to the past?
7. How does Si feel after his assignment is approved by the board of directors?
8. What does Simon do for a living?
9. Si finds out two things happened in January, 1882. What were they?
10. Which two people visit Si at the Dakota first and for what purpose?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Science fiction sometimes uses factual, real-life events as a basis to make a fictional events seem more real. Describe two real-life events the author used to make Time and Again seem more real. And, if you had written the book, describe a real-life fact you would have added to make the story seem real.
Essay Topic 2
Imagine you had the opportunity to experience time travel and that you were a frequent visitor to your favorite place in time. If you had to choose to live in the past or live in the present, which would you choose? What would you miss most about the time period you didn't choose?
Essay Topic 3
Time and Again has three main plots; the time travel project, Si's relationship with Julia, and the conflict between Jake and Carmody. Describe each of these plots.
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)