|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ruben and Si finish their lunch, Ruben is convinced that:
2. In the beginning of Chapter 3, where does Ruben take Si?
3. Before accepting the job, what request does Si make of Ruben?
4. When Chapter 7 begins, where/when is Si?
5. Where does Si meet with Danziger in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Si's first day at his new job begins with a tour of the agency. What is the most beneficial thing he sees?
2. What might have intrigued Simon into listening to Ruben Prien's offer?
3. Why did Si accept Ruben's job offer after his outing with Katie?
4. How does Danziger explaining Einstein's theory to Si help make the story appear more realistic to the reader?
5. How does Ruben find out Katie went with Si into the past?
6. What detail about the project being government funded does Esterhazy relate to Si?
7. Why is it crucial to Si's job that he learn to hypnotize himself?
8. Why does Si repeatedly look out the windows of his room in the Dakota and why does he stop looking out of them?
9. What does Danziger tell Si the potential agents he saw at the warehouse are being trained for?
10. What does Simon do for a living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Katie goes to 1882 with Si, they travel through New York, interact with the people, and see an old-fashioned version of a traffic jam. If you traveled through a big city today, how might your experience be similar to what Si and Katie experienced? How would it be different?
Essay Topic 2
What part of Si's description of 1882 New York did you find most fascinating? If you could travel back to New York in 1882 for one day, what would you on that day? How would your everyday life be different if you lived in 1882?
Essay Topic 3
Time and Again explores the concept of personal responsibility. What is your definition of personal responsibility? How does your definition fit in with Si's eventual decisions to:
1) Tell Julia the truth about who he is and where he's from?
2) Return Julia to the past?
3) Stop the time travel project?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)