|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Felix Grier do for a living?
(a) He's an artist.
(b) He's a photographer.
(c) He writes for the newspaper.
(d) He's a mailman.
2. What reputation does Chief of Police Byrnes have with the tenants at the boarding house?
(a) A nice guy.
(b) They don't know him.
(c) A ruthless interrogator.
(d) A lazy, doughnut eater.
3. When Si goes for a ride on the top of a bus, what does the bus driver talk about?
(a) Homeless children sleeping in hay bales.
(b) How unhappy he is living in 1882.
(c) Children playing in hay at the park.
(d) Homeless people living in the museum.
4. How much money does Jake want from Carmody?
(a) One million dollars.
(b) One thousand dollars.
(c) One trillion dollars.
(d) Ten million dollars.
5. After spending another day in 1882, what does Si decide about the people who live there?
(a) He's glad he doesn't live there with them.
(b) They deserve to be happy.
(c) They should all come to live in the future with him.
(d) They need better cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia tell Si about the markings on Carmody's tombstone?
2. What reason does Julia give for only part of the Statue of Liberty being in the park?
3. Most of Chapter 13 contains Si's description of what?
4. How does Si get into Jake's office?
5. Who owns the house at 19 Gramercy Park?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Si and Julia hide in a corner of Jake's office, what happens between Carmody and Jake?
2. When Julia asks Si to sketch her, why do you think Si was nervous about doing so?
3. What is the Ladies' Mile?
4. The day after the fire, when Si and Julia see Carmody again, what is his condition?
5. On Si's first evening at the boarding house, what glaring mistake does Si make that almost reveals his true identity?
6. At breakfast on Si's first morning at the boarding house, what does Si notice about Julia?
7. Why is Jake happy to see Si again in Chapter 17?
8. What information is in the contracts Jake has in his office, and what does Jake conclude from the information in them?
9. When Si returns to the agency after his day off, why is everyone there distracted?
10. After taking Julia to his apartment in the present, what makes Si realize he has to take Julia back to her own time?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)