|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julia tell Si about the markings on Carmody's tombstone?
(a) It's a good luck sign.
(b) It means Carmody was an astronomer.
(c) The markings were a sign of social standing.
(d) It means Carmody was part of a men's club.
2. Who is surprisingly joyful to see Si when he gets to the boarding house?
(d) Aunt Ada.
3. Who owns the house at 19 Gramercy Park?
(a) Julia's Aunt Ada.
(b) Si's parents.
(c) Felix Grier.
(d) Julia's Aunt Alice.
4. What does Si use to sketch a picture of Julia in the frost on the window?
(a) A spoon.
(b) A pencil he found on the table.
(c) His driver's license.
(d) His key from the Dakota.
5. What does Julia want Si to do before he leaves the boarding house in Chapter 15?
(a) Sketch the boarding house.
(b) Sketch a drawing of her on paper.
(c) Take her photograph.
(d) Clean his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Si know where to hide to watch Jake meet Carmody?
2. Who does Jake tell Carmody he's investigating?
3. When Si goes to follow Jake to his meeting with Carmody in Chapter 18, who goes with him?
4. What reputation does Chief of Police Byrnes have with the tenants at the boarding house?
5. On his way to the agency in Chapter 16, what detour does Si make?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is "The Tweed Ring"?
2. How does Si's conversation with a bus driver change Si's view of people in 1882, and what does he decide to do as a result?
3. Who opens the door to Si at 19 Gramercy Park and how does Si describe that individual?
4. As Si and Julia hide in a corner of Jake's office, what happens between Carmody and Jake?
5. After spending the day with Julia, how does Si begin to feel about her?
6. What information is in the contracts Jake has in his office, and what does Jake conclude from the information in them?
7. When Chapter 12 opens with Si in the past, what two sketches does he make?
8. When Si returns to the past again in Chapter 17, what is the difference in his attitude about life in 1882?
9. The day after the fire, when Si and Julia see Carmody again, what is his condition?
10. Why is Jake happy to see Si again in Chapter 17?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)