|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julia want Si to do before he leaves the boarding house in Chapter 15?
(a) Take her photograph.
(b) Sketch the boarding house.
(c) Sketch a drawing of her on paper.
(d) Clean his room.
2. The day after being chased by the police, where do Si and Julia wake up?
(a) Inside the Statue of Liberty in the present day.
(b) Inside the Statue of Liberty in the past.
(c) In the Dakota in the present day.
(d) Inside the arm of the Statue of Liberty in the park.
3. Why does Danziger quit the agency?
(a) He got a new job.
(b) He wants to retire.
(c) The board votes to continue the project.
(d) He's afraid Si will get eliminated from history.
4. How do Julia and Si eventually escape from Jake's office building?
(a) They take the elevator.
(b) The climb down the fire escape.
(c) They climb out a window.
(d) A fireman rescues them.
5. When Carmody tells Chief of Police Byrnes his story, what does he admit?
(a) That he's a crook.
(b) That Jake was blackmailing him.
(c) That he has a moon and star on the bottom of his boot.
(d) That his wife went to the ball without him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What risk does Danziger tell the board is too high for the project to continue?
2. On his first morning at the boarding house, why is Si deliberately late for breakfast?
3. What does Si notice about the children playing in 1882?
4. In Chapter 16, the board of directors wants whose input on whether or not the project should continue?
5. What does Si use to sketch a picture of Julia in the frost on the window?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Si returns to the past again in Chapter 17, what is the difference in his attitude about life in 1882?
2. Who opens the door to Si at 19 Gramercy Park and how does Si describe that individual?
3. Why might a woman in Julia's time feel that marrying a man who is a good provider is more important than anything else?
4. What personality traits to Esterhazy and Jake Pickering have in common?
5. Who is Jake Pickering and why is he not happy to meet Si?
6. When Chapter 12 opens with Si in the past, what two sketches does he make?
7. After spending the day with Julia, how does Si begin to feel about her?
8. How does Si learn that Carmody is motivated by social advancement?
9. How does Si's conversation with a bus driver change Si's view of people in 1882, and what does he decide to do as a result?
10. During the board discussion about affects of time travel on the future, what two opposing points of view do Danziger and Esterhazy express?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)