|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Danziger quit the agency?
(a) He wants to retire.
(b) He's afraid Si will get eliminated from history.
(c) The board votes to continue the project.
(d) He got a new job.
2. Who is surprisingly joyful to see Si when he gets to the boarding house?
(a) Aunt Ada.
3. Who is Felix Grier?
(a) The owner of 19 Gramercy Park.
(b) A friend of Si's from the past.
(c) The man who mailed the letter.
(d) A tenant in the boarding house.
4. Who is Jake Pickering?
(a) A man who works at the agency.
(b) The man who mailed the letter to Carmody.
(c) The cab driver who drove Si to Gramercy Park.
(d) Katie's adoptive father.
5. While he reads the paper, what does Si notice about Julia?
(a) How beautiful she is.
(b) How well she's dressed.
(c) How good her manners are.
(d) How she compares to Katie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Si and Julia accused of in Chapter 20?
2. What reputation does Chief of Police Byrnes have with the tenants at the boarding house?
3. What does Si use to sketch a picture of Julia in the frost on the window?
4. Why does Si go to 19 Gramercy Park?
5. When the board meeting ends, where do Si and Ruben go?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jake happy to see Si again in Chapter 17?
2. At breakfast on Si's first morning at the boarding house, what does Si notice about Julia?
3. Who is Jake Pickering and why is he not happy to meet Si?
4. When Chapter 12 opens with Si in the past, what two sketches does he make?
5. Why might a woman in Julia's time feel that marrying a man who is a good provider is more important than anything else?
6. What is "The Tweed Ring"?
7. How does Si's conversation with a bus driver change Si's view of people in 1882, and what does he decide to do as a result?
8. When Julia asks Si to sketch her, why do you think Si was nervous about doing so?
9. After spending the day with Julia, how does Si begin to feel about her?
10. How does Si learn that Carmody is motivated by social advancement?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)