|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After dinner, when Jake returns to the boarding house, what is on his shirt?
(c) Grass stains.
(d) I heart New York.
2. What newspaper office does Si notice on his way to Jake's office?
(a) The Herald Ledger.
(b) The New York Observer.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Washington Post.
3. What upsets Julia when she gets to Si's apartment in Chapter 21?
(a) The television.
(b) The book about World War I.
(c) His apartment is messy.
(d) She meets Katie.
4. When Si returns to the boarding house, where does he tell Julia he's going?
(a) Home to work on the farm.
(b) To the Dakota.
(c) Home to see Katie.
(d) To his office.
5. What does the sign in the window of 19 Gramercy Park reveal about the house there?
(a) It's for rent.
(b) It's an antique store.
(c) It's a boarding house.
(d) It's for sale.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the board meeting, what does Esterhazy say about the project's risks?
2. During dinner on his first night at the boarding house, why does Julia look curiously at Si?
3. Who does Jake tell Carmody he's investigating?
4. In Chapter 16, the board of directors wants whose input on whether or not the project should continue?
5. How does Katie's letter reassure Si and Julia that the events in Jake's office weren't their fault?
Short Essay Questions
1. After taking Julia to his apartment in the present, what makes Si realize he has to take Julia back to her own time?
2. What information is in the contracts Jake has in his office, and what does Jake conclude from the information in them?
3. The day after the fire, when Si and Julia see Carmody again, what is his condition?
4. Where are Julia and Si when Si tells her the truth of who he is?
5. Why might a woman in Julia's time feel that marrying a man who is a good provider is more important than anything else?
6. During the board discussion about affects of time travel on the future, what two opposing points of view do Danziger and Esterhazy express?
7. As Si and Julia hide in a corner of Jake's office, what happens between Carmody and Jake?
8. When Jake returns to the boarding house why is his shirt blood stained?
9. At breakfast on Si's first morning at the boarding house, what does Si notice about Julia?
10. Why is Jake happy to see Si again in Chapter 17?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)