|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the book's narrator?
(a) Ruben Prien.
(b) Jack Finney.
(c) Katie Mancuso.
(d) Simon Morley.
2. While talking with Ruben and Danziger in Danziger's office, what pledge does Si make to Danziger?
(a) That he'll donate his paycheck to charity.
(b) That he will find out who Danziger's parents are.
(c) That he won't go into the past again.
(d) His loyalty.
3. What does Danziger hope will happen if Si sees Danziger's parents?
(a) That he can sketch the way they looked.
(b) That he can take their picture.
(c) That his parents don't recognize Si.
(d) That Si doesn't get too upset.
4. How does Si feel after looking at a collection of old photographs in an antique store?
(a) That he wishes everyone owned a digital camera.
(b) That they are just snapshots of life not being truly lived.
(c) That he'd like to get to know the people in them.
(d) That his life is more exciting than the ones in the photos.
5. Where does Si wait while the board of directors discusses his second trip into the past?
(a) In Ruben's office.
(b) At his apartment.
(c) In the cafeteria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does May play?
2. While Si is in training at the Dakota which two people come to visit him?
3. What connection is there between Carmody's letter and Danziger's parents?
4. What do the psychological tests reveal about Si?
5. What does Si notice about cab drivers in the past and the present?
Short Essay Questions
1. What detail about the project being government funded does Esterhazy relate to Si?
2. What might have intrigued Simon into listening to Ruben Prien's offer?
3. Why might Danziger have asked Si to sketch his parents?
4. When Si and Katie both go to the past how does the experience make them feel physically?
5. What does Danziger tell Si the potential agents he saw at the warehouse are being trained for?
6. How does clothing in 1882 look like for men and women in compared with today?
7. How is the fact that Si sees a woman with smallpox scars on her face in the past relevant to the relationship between past and present times?
8. When Rossoff visits Si at the Dakota, what hypnotic suggestion does he make to Si?
9. On the walls of Katie's shop Si notices several photographs, what does he think of them?
10. How does Si change his appearance in the present to prepare to fit in in the past?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)