|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before he begins his job training, Si tells Danziger he wants to go back in time for what reason?
(a) To find out who Katie's parents were.
(b) To find out who mailed the letter to Carmody.
(c) To find out who his parents were.
(d) To see what Carmody looked like.
2. When Si finishes his training at the agency where is he taken?
(a) To the Statue of Liberty.
(b) To the laboratory.
(c) To the post office.
(d) To the Dakota.
3. How did Andrew Carmody die?
(a) He was in a car accident.
(b) He shot himself.
(c) He was shot in a robbery.
(d) He died of pneumonia.
4. What does Ruben tell Si about his third trip to the past?
(a) That he can't ride the bus.
(b) That he can't go.
(c) That Katie can't come with him.
(d) That he needs to stay away from the post office.
5. After one of their dates, what does Katie tell Si?
(a) That she was related to Grover Cleveland.
(b) That she was adopted.
(c) That she wants to travel through time too.
(d) That she wants to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is special about Si's apartment at the Dakota?
2. The morning after Si's walk in the snow, what has mysteriously vanished?
3. What connection does the letter have with President Cleveland?
4. What is the relationship of Katie Mancuso and Andrew Carmody?
5. Why does the agency hire actors?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Si repeatedly look out the windows of his room in the Dakota and why does he stop looking out of them?
2. When Rossoff visits Si at the Dakota, what hypnotic suggestion does he make to Si?
3. After going through the psychological tests at the agency, what makes Dr. Rossoff say Si is perfect for the job?
4. Which two people visit Si at the Dakota first and for what purpose?
5. What detail that Si's revealed about his experience in the past made the agency scientists so happy and why?
6. Why might Danziger have asked Si to sketch his parents?
7. What does Simon do for a living?
8. How does Ruben find out Katie went with Si into the past?
9. Why is it crucial to Si's job that he learn to hypnotize himself?
10. Describe the individual Katie and Si see mailing the letter.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)