|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Danziger hope will happen if Si sees Danziger's parents?
(a) That he can take their picture.
(b) That Si doesn't get too upset.
(c) That he can sketch the way they looked.
(d) That his parents don't recognize Si.
2. How are Si's visitors dressed when they arrive at the Dakota during his training?
(a) In spacesuits.
(b) In period costume.
(c) In their normal clothes.
(d) In shorts and t-shirts.
3. Why does Si fit the agency's profile?
(a) He has brown hair.
(b) He is adventurous.
(c) He is quiet and lonely.
(d) He likes to travel.
4. Who does Ruben work for?
(a) A secret government agency.
(b) The press.
(c) A science lab.
(d) The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
5. When Si finds the address Ruben gave him, what does the place look like?
(a) A front for a secret government agency.
(b) A moving company.
(c) An office supply store.
(d) A storage building.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ruben apologize to Si in the warehouse?
2. What is special about Si's apartment at the Dakota?
3. Who does Si and Katie see mail Carmody's letter?
4. What is Si's favorite street in New York City?
5. Before accepting the job, what request does Si make of Ruben?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Si repeatedly look out the windows of his room in the Dakota and why does he stop looking out of them?
2. Si's first day at his new job begins with a tour of the agency. What is the most beneficial thing he sees?
3. When Si and Katie both go to the past how does the experience make them feel physically?
4. What detail that Si's revealed about his experience in the past made the agency scientists so happy and why?
5. What about the photographs Si that looks at during training makes him more excited about his impending trip to the past?
6. How does Si feel after his assignment is approved by the board of directors?
7. What might have intrigued Simon into listening to Ruben Prien's offer?
8. Why does the agency use the Dakota as a time travel portal for Si?
9. On the walls of Katie's shop Si notices several photographs, what does he think of them?
10. How does Ruben find out Katie went with Si into the past?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)