|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While Si is in training at the Dakota which two people come to visit him?
(a) Katie and May.
(b) Ruben and Danziger.
(c) Ruben and the Dakota manager.
(d) Ruben and May.
2. Who has to give permission before Danziger can send Si back in time?
(b) The board of directors.
(c) The President of the United States.
(d) H.G. Wells.
3. When Chapter 8 opens, who is going over the details of Si's experience in the past?
(a) Ruben, Rossoff, and Danziger.
(b) Ruben, May, and Katie.
(c) Si, Ruben, and Katie.
(d) Ruben, Rossoff, and Lastvogel.
4. When Si visits the agency, what does he see people in the classrooms there doing?
(a) Learning to speak Spanish and how to calculate Roman numerals.
(b) Learning the Charleston, Medieval French, and how to fight with old weapons.
(c) Learning about time travel theory.
(d) Learning how to operate the time travel machine.
5. What does Si look at that makes him excited about traveling to the past?
(d) Old cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Rossoff leaves the Dakota, what does Si see in a museum window?
2. When Si finds the address Ruben gave him, what does the place look like?
3. When Si first visits the Dakota in the past, what does he do there?
4. After offering him a job, what does Ruben ask Si?
5. What unusual marking was on Andrew Carmody's grave?
Short Essay Questions
1. On the walls of Katie's shop Si notices several photographs, what does he think of them?
2. What does Si remember after waking up from his session with Dr. Rossoff?
3. When Si and Katie both go to the past how does the experience make them feel physically?
4. Why might Danziger have asked Si to sketch his parents?
5. How would you describe Simon Morley?
6. What about the photographs Si that looks at during training makes him more excited about his impending trip to the past?
7. Why does Si repeatedly look out the windows of his room in the Dakota and why does he stop looking out of them?
8. How does Danziger explaining Einstein's theory to Si help make the story appear more realistic to the reader?
9. When Rossoff visits Si at the Dakota, what hypnotic suggestion does he make to Si?
10. Why did Si accept Ruben's job offer after his outing with Katie?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)