|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of job does Ruben offer Si?
(a) Exploring another dimension.
(b) Investigating a crime.
(c) Traveling to Europe.
(d) Traveling through time.
2. How does Si feel after looking at a collection of old photographs in an antique store?
(a) That they are just snapshots of life not being truly lived.
(b) That he'd like to get to know the people in them.
(c) That he wishes everyone owned a digital camera.
(d) That his life is more exciting than the ones in the photos.
3. What instrument does May play?
(a) The harp.
(b) The organ.
(c) The piano.
(d) The drums.
4. Why does Katie want to travel back in time?
(a) Because she's curious.
(b) Because she collects antiques.
(c) Because Carmody's letter belongs to her.
(d) Because it sounds like fun.
5. What is the theme of Chapter 6?
(a) Looking at old photographs.
(b) The theory of time travel.
(c) How Danziger's parents met.
(d) Si's job training.
Short Answer Questions
1. After offering him a job, what does Ruben ask Si?
2. While talking with Ruben and Danziger in Danziger's office, what pledge does Si make to Danziger?
3. During his training with Dr. Rossoff, what does Si do?
4. While Si is making dinner during his last few days at the Dakota, who surprises him with a visit?
5. The morning after Si's walk in the snow, what has mysteriously vanished?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Danziger tell Si the potential agents he saw at the warehouse are being trained for?
2. Which two people visit Si at the Dakota first and for what purpose?
3. Why did Si accept Ruben's job offer after his outing with Katie?
4. When Si returns to the agency in the present time in Chapter 11, why do the scientists quiz him about his trip to the past?
5. Why does the agency use the Dakota as a time travel portal for Si?
6. What does Katie tell Si about her past that sets up the scene for Si's first assignment?
7. Why does Si repeatedly look out the windows of his room in the Dakota and why does he stop looking out of them?
8. Si finds out two things happened in January, 1882. What were they?
9. How is the fact that Si sees a woman with smallpox scars on her face in the past relevant to the relationship between past and present times?
10. Si's first day at his new job begins with a tour of the agency. What is the most beneficial thing he sees?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)