|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes charge of the agency after Danziger leaves?
(a) Dr. Rossoff.
(d) The president.
2. What does Rossoff tell Si when he returns to the agency after his third time travel trip?
(a) A man was eliminated from history.
(b) Ruben left the agency.
(c) Julia was eliminated from history.
(d) He's fired.
3. In Chapter 16, the board of directors wants whose input on whether or not the project should continue?
(b) Chief of Police Byrnes's.
(c) The president's.
4. What is Julia's theory of what happened to Jake after the incident at his office?
(a) He killed Carmody.
(b) She thinks he is pretending to be Carmody.
(c) He died.
(d) He left the country.
5. When Si leaves the boarding house to go into New York, what does he take with him?
(a) A camera.
(b) A picture of Katie.
(c) His wallet.
(d) A pencil and sketchpad.
6. When the board meeting ends, where do Si and Ruben go?
(a) To the Dakota.
(b) To 19 Gramercy Park.
(c) To Katie's.
(d) To lunch.
7. When Si visits Katie after the board meeting, what does she urge him to do?
(a) To quit the project.
(b) To find out what happened to Carmody.
(c) To apply for Danziger's job.
(d) To find out where Danziger went.
8. The day after the incident at Jake's office, who comes to the boarding house and asks for Si and Julia?
(a) Mrs. Carmody.
(d) A police officer.
9. When Si returns to the present at the start of Chapter 16, how long does he wait before going to the agency?
(a) One hour.
(b) The weekend.
(c) One day.
(d) One week.
10. What does Si use to sketch a picture of Julia in the frost on the window?
(a) A spoon.
(b) His driver's license.
(c) A pencil he found on the table.
(d) His key from the Dakota.
11. When Jake and Carmody do meet, where do they go to talk?
(a) To the alley between buildings.
(b) To a closet in Jake's office.
(c) To a phone booth.
(d) To a park bench.
12. Why does Danziger quit the agency?
(a) He wants to retire.
(b) He's afraid Si will get eliminated from history.
(c) He got a new job.
(d) The board votes to continue the project.
13. What does Julia confess to Si in Chapter 21?
(a) That she loves Jake.
(b) That she's scared to be in his apartment.
(c) That she loves him.
(d) That she's already married.
14. Why does Si insist that Julia return home?
(a) So she can marry Jake.
(b) Because it would change the future if she doesn't.
(c) So she doesn't have to experience war, pollution or racism.
(d) Because it's the right thing to do.
15. What do the police find in Si's room at the boarding house?
(a) A drawing of Julia.
(b) His key to the Dakota.
(c) Incriminated invoices.
(d) A large sum of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Si's fourth trip to the past, why is he nervous about returning to 19 Gramercy Park?
2. What does Si tell Julia his plans are for his first day at the boarding house?
3. How does Si get into Jake's office?
4. What does Felix Grier do for a living?
5. In the board meeting, what does Esterhazy say about the project's risks?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)