|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The day after the incident at Jake's office, who comes to the boarding house and asks for Si and Julia?
(a) Mrs. Carmody.
(b) A police officer.
2. Who is the first person Si meets at 19 Gramercy Park?
(a) Felix Grier.
(b) Katie Mancuso.
(c) Julia Charbonneau.
(d) Jake Pickering.
3. How much money does Jake want from Carmody?
(a) One million dollars.
(b) One trillion dollars.
(c) Ten million dollars.
(d) One thousand dollars.
4. Where does Jake work?
(a) The county courthouse.
(b) At city hall.
(c) At the agency.
(d) The White House.
5. On Si's fourth trip to the past, why is he nervous about returning to 19 Gramercy Park?
(a) He doesn't want to see Julia.
(b) He's scared that Jake and Julia are married.
(c) He's jealous of Jake's relationship with Julia.
(d) He doesn't want a conflict with Jake.
6. Where does Si take Julia so she can go back to 1882?
(a) To the base of the Brooklyn Bridge.
(b) To the Dakota.
(c) To the agency.
(d) To the Statue of Liberty.
7. What does Julia confess to Si in Chapter 21?
(a) That she loves him.
(b) That she's scared to be in his apartment.
(c) That she loves Jake.
(d) That she's already married.
8. What argument between Jake and Carmody does Si overhear?
(a) They argue about where to eat dinner.
(b) They argue that Jake shouldn't marry Julia.
(c) They argue if they should be talking in the park.
(d) They argue about Katie.
9. When Si goes for a ride on the top of a bus, what does the bus driver talk about?
(a) Homeless people living in the museum.
(b) How unhappy he is living in 1882.
(c) Children playing in hay at the park.
(d) Homeless children sleeping in hay bales.
10. In Chapter 16, the board of directors wants whose input on whether or not the project should continue?
(a) Chief of Police Byrnes's.
(d) The president's.
11. What is the relationship between Jake and Julia?
(a) They're engaged.
(b) They're friends.
(c) They're brother and sister.
(d) There is no relationship between them.
12. On his way to the agency in Chapter 16, what detour does Si make?
(a) To Katie's house.
(b) To 19 Gramercy Park.
(c) To the Dakota.
(d) To the post office.
13. What does Julia tell Si is the most important thing to a woman?
(a) That a man has his own car.
(b) That a man is a good provider.
(c) That a man is handsome.
(d) That a man asks her to marry him.
14. Who takes charge of the agency after Danziger leaves?
(b) The president.
(c) Dr. Rossoff.
15. What does Rossoff tell Si when he returns to the agency after his third time travel trip?
(a) Julia was eliminated from history.
(b) He's fired.
(c) A man was eliminated from history.
(d) Ruben left the agency.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is surprisingly joyful to see Si when he gets to the boarding house?
2. What does Si use to sketch a picture of Julia in the frost on the window?
3. Who is Felix Grier?
4. When Si returns to the present at the start of Chapter 16, how long does he wait before going to the agency?
5. What does Felix Grier do for a living?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)