|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After dinner, when Jake returns to the boarding house, what is on his shirt?
(b) I heart New York.
(c) Grass stains.
2. Who owns the house at 19 Gramercy Park?
(a) Julia's Aunt Alice.
(b) Felix Grier.
(c) Julia's Aunt Ada.
(d) Si's parents.
3. Despite possible consequences to the future, what does Si decide to do?
(a) Break up Jake and Julia.
(b) Marry Julia.
(c) Put Jake in jail.
(d) Save Carmody's life.
4. In Chapter 16, the board of directors wants whose input on whether or not the project should continue?
(b) The president's.
(d) Chief of Police Byrnes's.
5. How does Si know where to hide to watch Jake meet Carmody?
(a) Julia shows him a good place.
(b) Ruben tells him where to hide.
(c) He figures it out on his own.
(d) From information in Katie's letter.
6. When Si visits Katie after the board meeting, what does she urge him to do?
(a) To find out what happened to Carmody.
(b) To apply for Danziger's job.
(c) To quit the project.
(d) To find out where Danziger went.
7. Who is surprisingly joyful to see Si when he gets to the boarding house?
(c) Aunt Ada.
8. What does Si tell Julia about Jake?
(a) That he's perfect for her.
(b) That he won't be a good husband.
(c) That he's not a nice person.
(d) That Si doesn't like him.
9. Why do Si and Julia run from Jake's office?
(a) Carmody and Jake started fighting.
(b) Carmody set the files on fire.
(c) Jake threatened them with a gun.
(d) They were afraid to get locked in.
10. When Si returns to the present at the start of Chapter 16, how long does he wait before going to the agency?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) One hour.
(d) The weekend.
11. What day is it at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(a) The day Si finds out who delivered Carmody's letter.
(b) The day Carmody and Jake are scheduled to meet.
(c) Jake and Julia's wedding day.
(d) Si's birthday.
12. Where does Si take Julia so she can go back to 1882?
(a) To the base of the Brooklyn Bridge.
(b) To the agency.
(c) To the Statue of Liberty.
(d) To the Dakota.
13. How does Katie's letter reassure Si and Julia that the events in Jake's office weren't their fault?
(a) It said Carmody would kill Jake.
(b) The letter said Si and Julia would be in Jake's office.
(c) Katie mailed the letter to Si in the past.
(d) The letter referred to a fire.
14. What part of the Statue of Liberty does Si find in a park in 1882?
(a) The arm.
(b) The torch.
(c) The feet.
(d) The head.
15. How do Julia and Si eventually escape from Jake's office building?
(a) They take the elevator.
(b) The climb down the fire escape.
(c) A fireman rescues them.
(d) They climb out a window.
Short Answer Questions
1. After finding nothing but dead ends, what trail in Jake's investigation tells him that Carmody is still alive?
2. When Si returns to the boarding house, where does he tell Julia he's going?
3. What are Si and Julia accused of in Chapter 20?
4. What does Julia want Si to do before he leaves the boarding house in Chapter 15?
5. Where does Jake work?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)