|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Felix Grier do for a living?
(a) He's a photographer.
(b) He's an artist.
(c) He's a mailman.
(d) He writes for the newspaper.
2. What does Si tell Julia his plans are for his first day at the boarding house?
(a) To find Andrew Carmody.
(b) To get back to his own time.
(c) To get a haircut.
(d) To shop for clothes.
3. What is the relationship between Jake and Julia?
(a) They're brother and sister.
(b) They're friends.
(c) They're engaged.
(d) There is no relationship between them.
4. What newspaper office does Si notice on his way to Jake's office?
(a) The Washington Post.
(b) The Herald Ledger.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The New York Observer.
5. When the board meeting ends, where do Si and Ruben go?
(a) To the Dakota.
(b) To lunch.
(c) To Katie's.
(d) To 19 Gramercy Park.
6. How does Si get into Jake's office?
(a) He pretends to be a janitor.
(b) He gets a key.
(c) The door is open.
(d) He breaks the window.
7. Who goes shopping with Si in New York?
8. During dinner on his first night at the boarding house, why does Julia look curiously at Si?
(a) Si doesn't understand everything that's going on.
(b) Si doesn't know how to play birthday games.
(c) It's obvious that Si is not from New York.
(d) Si has a funny laugh.
9. Despite possible consequences to the future, what does Si decide to do?
(a) Put Jake in jail.
(b) Break up Jake and Julia.
(c) Marry Julia.
(d) Save Carmody's life.
10. After saying their greetings, where do the boarding house tenants invite Si to go?
(a) To the park.
(b) Out to dinner.
(d) On a sleigh ride.
11. In the board meeting, what does Esterhazy say about the project's risks?
(a) He doesn't care if Si gets hurt.
(b) They're minimal.
(c) He agrees with Danziger.
(d) He doesn't care if the project continues.
12. What does Si use to sketch a picture of Julia in the frost on the window?
(a) His key from the Dakota.
(b) His driver's license.
(c) A spoon.
(d) A pencil he found on the table.
13. On Si's first night back, what does Jake tell Si about Julia?
(a) That their engagement is off.
(b) That he and Julia got married.
(c) That he and Julia set a wedding date.
(d) That he knows Julia likes Si.
14. What does Julia confess to Si in Chapter 21?
(a) That she's scared to be in his apartment.
(b) That she's already married.
(c) That she loves Jake.
(d) That she loves him.
15. What does the sign in the window of 19 Gramercy Park reveal about the house there?
(a) It's for rent.
(b) It's for sale.
(c) It's a boarding house.
(d) It's an antique store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police find in Si's room at the boarding house?
2. On his first morning at the boarding house, why is Si deliberately late for breakfast?
3. Who does Si and Julia see in the ballroom?
4. The day after being chased by the police, where do Si and Julia wake up?
5. What day is it at the beginning of Chapter 18?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)