|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what letter does Katie show Si?
(a) A mysterious letter from a secret government agency.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A mysterious letter sent to Andrew Carmody.
(d) A letter from Si's mother.
2. How does Ruben know that Katie went with Si into the past?
(a) Si told him.
(b) Si is being watched.
(c) Danziger told him.
(d) Katie told him.
3. What was so mysterious about the note Andrew Carmody left his family?
(a) It was written on the President's stationery.
(b) It was written on a sticky note.
(c) It was written on a piece of newspaper.
(d) It was written on the back of a letter.
4. After Rossoff leaves the Dakota, what does Si see in a museum window?
(a) A statue.
(c) The silhouette of a cleaning woman.
(d) The silhouette of an artist.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 3, where does Ruben take Si?
(a) On a tour of the agency.
(b) Out to dinner.
(d) Into the past to meet a friend.
6. Why does Si learn self-hypnosis?
(a) So he's not scared to travel through time.
(b) So he can feel better.
(c) So he can let go of the present.
(d) So he can lose weight.
7. Why does Ruben apologize to Si in the warehouse?
(a) Because the place is a mess.
(b) Ruben believes he's confusing Si.
(c) Because Si doesn't like Ruben.
(d) He thinks he offended Si.
8. What is the theme of Chapter 6?
(a) The theory of time travel.
(b) Si's job training.
(c) How Danziger's parents met.
(d) Looking at old photographs.
9. What mark does the letter-mailer's boot leave in the snow?
(a) The postmark that's on the letter.
(b) The size of the boot.
(c) The same mark that's on Carmody's tombstone.
(d) The agency's logo.
10. After Ruben and Si finish talking about Katie at the end of Chapter 11, where does Ruben take Si?
(a) To the agency's warehouse.
(b) To the Dakota.
(c) Into the past.
(d) Out to dinner.
11. When Si visits the agency, what does he see people in the classrooms there doing?
(a) Learning about time travel theory.
(b) Learning the Charleston, Medieval French, and how to fight with old weapons.
(c) Learning how to operate the time travel machine.
(d) Learning to speak Spanish and how to calculate Roman numerals.
12. While Si is in training at the Dakota which two people come to visit him?
(a) Ruben and the Dakota manager.
(b) Katie and May.
(c) Ruben and Danziger.
(d) Ruben and May.
13. When Si sees Katie again, after he's traveled into the past, what is she disappointed about?
(a) That he still doesn't know who mailed Carmody's letter.
(b) That he didn't bring her a present.
(c) The food at the restaurant he took her to.
(d) The explanation of where he's been.
14. What is Si's favorite street in New York City?
(a) Fifth Avenue.
(b) Wall Street.
(c) Brooklyn Avenue.
15. What proves that Si did indeed travel back in time?
(a) He took pictures of old buildings.
(b) He saw snow.
(c) He saw the museum window.
(d) He saw a couple in a sleigh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Si think about accepting Ruben's job offer?
2. Who is Katie Mancuso?
3. Si and Katie discuss what while on the bus in 1882?
4. When Si begins training for his assignment, how does he feel?
5. What did Andrew Carmody do for a living?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)