|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During lunch with Danziger at the agency, who are the other two people Si notices eating lunch?
(a) The young man who was learning to use old weapons and an actress.
(b) The young man who was learning to use old weapons and his girlfriend.
(c) The girl dancing the Charleston and the young man who was learning to use old weapons.
(d) The girl dancing the Charleston and Ruben.
2. After one of their dates, what does Katie tell Si?
(a) That she was related to Grover Cleveland.
(b) That she wants to travel through time too.
(c) That she was adopted.
(d) That she wants to marry him.
3. How does Katie help Si with his job training?
(a) She quizes him.
(b) She talks to him on the phone.
(c) She doesn't help him.
(d) She makes him is favorite meal.
4. What does Si look at that makes him excited about traveling to the past?
(c) Old cars.
5. What is Si's favorite street in New York City?
(a) Brooklyn Avenue.
(b) Wall Street.
(c) Fifth Avenue.
6. Why is the Dakota used as a time portal?
(a) Because it has an empty apartment.
(b) Because it hasn't changed.
(c) Because the owner likes to travel in time.
(d) Because it is newly painted.
7. When Si first visits the Dakota in the past, what does he do there?
(a) Meets other time travelers.
(b) Takes pictures.
(c) Wonders how he got there.
(d) Takes a room key.
8. What did Andrew Carmody do for a living?
(a) He was a minor official in Grover Cleveland's administration.
(b) He was president of the United States.
(c) He was a guard at the White House.
(d) He drove Grover Cleveland's car.
9. What concerns does the board of directors have about Si's trips to the past?
(a) That he will change the present.
(b) That it costs too much money.
(c) That he's not really going to the past.
(d) That he might find his parents.
10. During his training with Dr. Rossoff, what does Si do?
(a) Goes for a walk in 1882.
(b) Calls Katie.
(c) Eats dinner.
(d) Goes for a walk in 1982.
11. After Si travels back in time, what do the scientists conclude about his mental health?
(a) He needs a vacation.
(b) He's fine.
(c) He shouldn't risk traveling again.
(d) He needs therapy.
12. What is Si's assignment for his third trip to the past?
(a) To observe the man who mailed the letter.
(b) To follow the postal carrier who delivers the letter.
(c) To find the agency's building.
(d) To find his parents.
13. On his initial visit, what does Si see inside the agency's warehouse?
(a) Antiques from the past.
(b) Several stages and theater sets.
(c) People traveling through time.
(d) His girlfriend.
14. Who is the government agency director?
15. Where does the funding for the time travel project come from?
(a) The government.
(c) The scientists.
(d) The post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the psychological tests reveal about Si?
2. What unusual marking was on Andrew Carmody's grave?
3. When Si visits the agency, what does he see people in the classrooms there doing?
4. Si is both _______________ and _______________ by Ruben's job offer.
5. What does Si need to learn about the year 1882?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)