|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Esterhazy say is in control of the agency's time travel project?
2. After offering him a job, what does Ruben ask Si?
(a) If he can give him a polygraph test.
(b) If he can search his apartment.
(c) If he can see his birth certificate.
(d) If he can take him to dinner.
3. What does Si notice about cab drivers in the past and the present?
(a) They charge more now.
(b) They used to drive closer to the sidewalk.
(c) They were more polite in the past.
(d) They haven't changed.
4. Who does Ruben work for?
(a) The press.
(b) A science lab.
(c) A secret government agency.
(d) The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
5. Who has to give permission before Danziger can send Si back in time?
(b) H.G. Wells.
(c) The President of the United States.
(d) The board of directors.
6. What is Si's assignment for his third trip to the past?
(a) To find the agency's building.
(b) To find his parents.
(c) To observe the man who mailed the letter.
(d) To follow the postal carrier who delivers the letter.
7. After Ruben and Si finish talking about Katie at the end of Chapter 11, where does Ruben take Si?
(a) Into the past.
(b) Out to dinner.
(c) To the Dakota.
(d) To the agency's warehouse.
8. What unusual marking was on Andrew Carmody's grave?
(a) His birthdate was incorrect.
(b) A star in a circle.
(c) His family crest.
(d) A crescent moon.
9. When Ruben and Si finish their lunch, Ruben is convinced that:
(a) He'll have to talk Si into taking the job.
(b) Si has already decided to take the job.
(c) Si is not the right person for the job.
(d) He doesn't like eating outdoors.
10. Who is the book's narrator?
(a) Jack Finney.
(b) Ruben Prien.
(c) Katie Mancuso.
(d) Simon Morley.
11. Why does Katie want to travel back in time?
(a) Because she collects antiques.
(b) Because Carmody's letter belongs to her.
(c) Because it sounds like fun.
(d) Because she's curious.
12. In the beginning of Chapter 3, where does Ruben take Si?
(a) On a tour of the agency.
(c) Into the past to meet a friend.
(d) Out to dinner.
13. What do the psychological tests reveal about Si?
(a) He's susceptible to hypnotism.
(b) He may catch colds and flu brought on by time travel.
(c) He often makes wrong decisions.
(d) He's susceptible to hypothyroidism.
14. What proves that Si did indeed travel back in time?
(a) He took pictures of old buildings.
(b) He saw the museum window.
(c) He saw snow.
(d) He saw a couple in a sleigh.
15. What snaps Si out of his hypnotic state?
(a) A familiar voice or cue word.
(c) The sound of music.
(d) A phone ringing.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Si is in training at the Dakota which two people come to visit him?
2. When Si finishes his training at the agency where is he taken?
3. Why does Si think about accepting Ruben's job offer?
4. Where does Si meet with Danziger in Chapter 4?
5. What does Danziger hope will happen if Si sees Danziger's parents?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)