|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Si and Katie meet?
(a) Friends introduced them.
(b) When Si went into her antique store.
(c) In the grocery store.
(d) At the mall.
2. Before accepting the job, what request does Si make of Ruben?
(a) That Si can call his parents.
(b) That Si can tell Katie the truth.
(c) That Si can contact his past relatives.
(d) That he get a big office.
3. After Ruben and Si finish talking about Katie at the end of Chapter 11, where does Ruben take Si?
(a) To the agency's warehouse.
(b) Into the past.
(c) Out to dinner.
(d) To the Dakota.
4. The morning after Si's walk in the snow, what has mysteriously vanished?
(a) Si's footprints and the sleigh's tracks.
(b) Si's memories of the day before.
(c) Si's car.
(d) Carmody's letter.
5. What kind of job does Ruben offer Si?
(a) Investigating a crime.
(b) Traveling through time.
(c) Exploring another dimension.
(d) Traveling to Europe.
6. During a walk in the snow, what does Si see a couple in a sleigh doing?
(b) He doesn't see a sleigh.
(d) Holding hands.
7. Where does Si meet with Danziger in Chapter 4?
(a) In the alley behind the agency.
(b) In the cafeteria.
(c) In his office.
(d) On the street.
8. What is Si shown to help him relate to people in the past?
(d) Old clothes.
9. What does the government agency director tell Si?
(a) He is in for an experience he will never forget.
(b) He is making a huge mistake.
(c) He can't work for the agency.
(d) He can't tell anyone about time travel.
10. Why does Si think about accepting Ruben's job offer?
(a) He wants to get away from his girlfriend.
(b) He wants to make more money.
(c) He'd like to take a break from work.
(d) He believes his life is boring.
11. Who does Si and Katie see mail Carmody's letter?
(a) A man wearing a hat and boots.
(b) A husky man with a dog.
(c) A tall, bald man.
(d) A tall, husky man with a beard.
12. What snaps Si out of his hypnotic state?
(a) A familiar voice or cue word.
(b) A phone ringing.
(c) The sound of music.
13. Oscar Rossoff believes Si is:
(a) An ideal candidate for the job.
(b) Not the right person for the job.
(c) Someone he wants to be friends with.
(d) An ideal candidate for mayor.
14. Why does Katie want to travel back in time?
(a) Because she's curious.
(b) Because Carmody's letter belongs to her.
(c) Because she collects antiques.
(d) Because it sounds like fun.
15. What unusual marking was on Andrew Carmody's grave?
(a) A crescent moon.
(b) His family crest.
(c) His birthdate was incorrect.
(d) A star in a circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concerns does the board of directors have about Si's trips to the past?
2. What proves that Si did indeed travel back in time?
3. How does Ruben know that Katie went with Si into the past?
4. When Si finishes his training at the agency where is he taken?
5. Who is Esterhazy?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)