Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Rossoff come to see Si at the Dakota?
(a) To take his blood pressure.
(b) To hypnotize him.
(c) To see if he's okay.
(d) To talk him out of time travel.
2. Where does Si wait while the board of directors discusses his second trip into the past?
(b) In Ruben's office.
(c) At his apartment.
(d) In the cafeteria.
3. How does Si feel after looking at a collection of old photographs in an antique store?
(a) That his life is more exciting than the ones in the photos.
(b) That they are just snapshots of life not being truly lived.
(c) That he wishes everyone owned a digital camera.
(d) That he'd like to get to know the people in them.
4. What kind of job does Ruben offer Si?
(a) Investigating a crime.
(b) Exploring another dimension.
(c) Traveling to Europe.
(d) Traveling through time.
5. What is the relationship of Katie Mancuso and Andrew Carmody?
(a) He's her husband from the past.
(b) He's an old friend of her family.
(c) He's her adoptive grandfather.
(d) He's her adoptive uncle.
6. How does Katie help Si with his job training?
(a) She makes him is favorite meal.
(b) She doesn't help him.
(c) She quizes him.
(d) She talks to him on the phone.
7. What connection is there between Carmody's letter and Danziger's parents?
(a) His parents wrote the letter.
(b) Danziger's dad mailed the letter.
(c) Danziger's parents worked for the post office.
(d) His parents met around the time the letter was mailed.
8. What do the psychological tests reveal about Si?
(a) He often makes wrong decisions.
(b) He's susceptible to hypothyroidism.
(c) He may catch colds and flu brought on by time travel.
(d) He's susceptible to hypnotism.
9. Who is Esterhazy?
(a) A spy.
(b) Ruben's best friend.
(c) Katie's adoptive father.
(d) A man who works with Danziger.
10. Before accepting the job, what request does Si make of Ruben?
(a) That he get a big office.
(b) That Si can contact his past relatives.
(c) That Si can call his parents.
(d) That Si can tell Katie the truth.
11. What is the setting of the play that Si watches at the agency?
(a) A small street in New York.
(b) A castle in England.
(c) A space station in the future.
(d) A small-town street in the Midwestern U.S.
12. When Ruben and Si finish their lunch, Ruben is convinced that:
(a) Si has already decided to take the job.
(b) He doesn't like eating outdoors.
(c) He'll have to talk Si into taking the job.
(d) Si is not the right person for the job.
13. Who does Esterhazy say is in control of the agency's time travel project?
14. How does Si change his appearance before he travels back in time?
(a) He shaves.
(b) He grows his hair and a beard.
(c) He dies his hair gray.
(d) He puts on make-up.
15. When Si finds the address Ruben gave him, what does the place look like?
(a) An office supply store.
(b) A moving company.
(c) A storage building.
(d) A front for a secret government agency.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proves that Si did indeed travel back in time?
2. What does Si need to learn about the year 1882?
3. Who does Ruben work for?
4. What does Danziger tell Si the agency's motivation for time travel is?
5. What makes it easier for Si to imagine himself in the past?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)