|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Katie Mancuso?
(a) Si's secretary.
(b) Ruben's secretary.
(c) Si's wife.
(d) Si's girlfriend.
2. Before accepting the job, what request does Si make of Ruben?
(a) That Si can tell Katie the truth.
(b) That Si can contact his past relatives.
(c) That Si can call his parents.
(d) That he get a big office.
3. What does Si need to learn about the year 1882?
(a) The language, history, and manners.
(b) Who was President of the United States.
(c) How the people traveled.
(d) How the mail system worked.
4. While Si is in training at the Dakota which two people come to visit him?
(a) Ruben and the Dakota manager.
(b) Ruben and May.
(c) Katie and May.
(d) Ruben and Danziger.
5. Where does the funding for the time travel project come from?
(a) The government.
(c) The scientists.
(d) The post office.
6. What does Si look at that makes him excited about traveling to the past?
(a) Old cars.
7. Si admits he enjoys Katie's company, but tells the reader that:
(a) He wants to get to know her better.
(b) She talks too much.
(c) He wishes she were more exciting.
(d) He will keep most things about their relationship to himself.
8. What mark does the letter-mailer's boot leave in the snow?
(a) The size of the boot.
(b) The postmark that's on the letter.
(c) The same mark that's on Carmody's tombstone.
(d) The agency's logo.
9. What do the psychological tests reveal about Si?
(a) He often makes wrong decisions.
(b) He may catch colds and flu brought on by time travel.
(c) He's susceptible to hypnotism.
(d) He's susceptible to hypothyroidism.
10. When Si finishes his training at the agency where is he taken?
(a) To the laboratory.
(b) To the Statue of Liberty.
(c) To the post office.
(d) To the Dakota.
11. Why does Si think about accepting Ruben's job offer?
(a) He'd like to take a break from work.
(b) He wants to get away from his girlfriend.
(c) He wants to make more money.
(d) He believes his life is boring.
12. After Ruben and Si finish talking about Katie at the end of Chapter 11, where does Ruben take Si?
(a) To the Dakota.
(b) Out to dinner.
(c) To the agency's warehouse.
(d) Into the past.
13. Why does Dr. Rossoff come to see Si at the Dakota?
(a) To take his blood pressure.
(b) To see if he's okay.
(c) To hypnotize him.
(d) To talk him out of time travel.
14. Why does Katie want to travel back in time?
(a) Because she's curious.
(b) Because it sounds like fun.
(c) Because Carmody's letter belongs to her.
(d) Because she collects antiques.
15. Why does Si stop looking out the windows at the Dakota?
(a) He doesn't like the view.
(b) His imagining is interrupted by passing cars.
(c) He imagines he's in the future.
(d) The passing cars are too noisy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has to give permission before Danziger can send Si back in time?
2. Where does Si meet with Danziger in Chapter 4?
3. Si and Katie discuss what while on the bus in 1882?
4. On his initial visit, what does Si see inside the agency's warehouse?
5. How does Si break the news to his family and friends that he'll be gone for awhile?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)