|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Si look at that makes him excited about traveling to the past?
(c) Old cars.
2. Why did Si not tell the scientists that Katie traveled with him into the past?
(a) He decided not to tell anybody.
(b) He wanted to tell Ruben first.
(c) He wanted to ask Katie if it was okay first.
(d) He wanted to tell Danziger privately.
3. Where does the funding for the time travel project come from?
(a) The scientists.
(c) The post office.
(d) The government.
4. When Chapter 8 opens, who is going over the details of Si's experience in the past?
(a) Ruben, Rossoff, and Lastvogel.
(b) Ruben, May, and Katie.
(c) Ruben, Rossoff, and Danziger.
(d) Si, Ruben, and Katie.
5. How does Si break the news to his family and friends that he'll be gone for awhile?
(a) He asks Katie to tell them.
(b) He calls them on the phone.
(c) He sends them post cards.
(d) He doesn't tell them.
6. How does Si change his appearance before he travels back in time?
(a) He dies his hair gray.
(b) He puts on make-up.
(c) He grows his hair and a beard.
(d) He shaves.
7. Why does Katie want to travel back in time?
(a) Because she's curious.
(b) Because Carmody's letter belongs to her.
(c) Because she collects antiques.
(d) Because it sounds like fun.
8. After Si travels back in time, what do the scientists conclude about his mental health?
(a) He needs therapy.
(b) He's fine.
(c) He shouldn't risk traveling again.
(d) He needs a vacation.
9. Who is the book's narrator?
(a) Ruben Prien.
(b) Jack Finney.
(c) Simon Morley.
(d) Katie Mancuso.
10. After one of their dates, what does Katie tell Si?
(a) That she wants to travel through time too.
(b) That she wants to marry him.
(c) That she was adopted.
(d) That she was related to Grover Cleveland.
11. When Si finishes his training at the agency where is he taken?
(a) To the Dakota.
(b) To the post office.
(c) To the Statue of Liberty.
(d) To the laboratory.
12. What property of Si's does the agency purchase?
(a) The right to use his name to promote time travel.
(b) The house he grew up in.
(c) His apartment.
(d) A painting.
13. Who conducts the psychological tests on Si?
(a) Martin Lastvogel.
(b) Ruben Prien.
(c) Oscar Rossoff.
(d) Andrew Carmody.
14. In Chapter 5, what letter does Katie show Si?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A letter from Si's mother.
(c) A mysterious letter from a secret government agency.
(d) A mysterious letter sent to Andrew Carmody.
15. The agency won't let __________ help Si with his second trip to the past.
(a) Dr. Rossoff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ruben apologize to Si in the warehouse?
2. Why does Si stop looking out the windows at the Dakota?
3. What does the government agency director tell Si?
4. What is the theme of Chapter 6?
5. While Si is in training at the Dakota which two people come to visit him?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)