|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Katie Mancuso?
(a) Si's girlfriend.
(b) Si's secretary.
(c) Ruben's secretary.
(d) Si's wife.
2. After Rossoff leaves the Dakota, what does Si see in a museum window?
(a) The silhouette of a cleaning woman.
(c) A statue.
(d) The silhouette of an artist.
3. Why does Si stop looking out the windows at the Dakota?
(a) He doesn't like the view.
(b) The passing cars are too noisy.
(c) He imagines he's in the future.
(d) His imagining is interrupted by passing cars.
4. When Si finds the address Ruben gave him, what does the place look like?
(a) A front for a secret government agency.
(b) A moving company.
(c) An office supply store.
(d) A storage building.
5. What instrument does May play?
(a) The organ.
(b) The piano.
(c) The harp.
(d) The drums.
6. During lunch with Danziger at the agency, who are the other two people Si notices eating lunch?
(a) The girl dancing the Charleston and the young man who was learning to use old weapons.
(b) The young man who was learning to use old weapons and his girlfriend.
(c) The young man who was learning to use old weapons and an actress.
(d) The girl dancing the Charleston and Ruben.
7. What does Si need to learn about the year 1882?
(a) The language, history, and manners.
(b) Who was President of the United States.
(c) How the mail system worked.
(d) How the people traveled.
8. When Chapter 7 begins, where/when is Si?
(a) In the Dakota, in the present.
(b) In the Dakota, in the past.
(c) Near the Statue of Liberty, in the present.
(d) In the park, in the past.
9. Where does Si wait while the board of directors discusses his second trip into the past?
(a) At his apartment.
(b) In the cafeteria.
(c) In Ruben's office.
10. Why does Si think about accepting Ruben's job offer?
(a) He believes his life is boring.
(b) He wants to make more money.
(c) He wants to get away from his girlfriend.
(d) He'd like to take a break from work.
11. What does Si tell his boss In Chapter 2?
(a) He needs a vacation.
(b) He wants a raise.
(c) He's quitting his job.
(d) He's going to take a second job.
12. Why did Si not tell the scientists that Katie traveled with him into the past?
(a) He wanted to tell Ruben first.
(b) He wanted to ask Katie if it was okay first.
(c) He wanted to tell Danziger privately.
(d) He decided not to tell anybody.
13. What snaps Si out of his hypnotic state?
(a) A phone ringing.
(c) A familiar voice or cue word.
(d) The sound of music.
14. Where does Simon work?
(a) The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(b) An advertising agency.
(c) A university.
(d) A television station.
15. While Si is making dinner during his last few days at the Dakota, who surprises him with a visit?
(b) Dr. Rossoff.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Si travels back in time, what do the scientists conclude about his mental health?
2. During their lunch meeting, whose theory about time does Danziger explain to Si?
3. How does Si change his appearance before he travels back in time?
4. Who does Si and Katie see mail Carmody's letter?
5. Where does Si meet with Danziger in Chapter 4?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)