|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who conducts the psychological tests on Si?
(a) Oscar Rossoff.
(b) Ruben Prien.
(c) Andrew Carmody.
(d) Martin Lastvogel.
2. What is Si shown to help him relate to people in the past?
(b) Old clothes.
3. What concerns does the board of directors have about Si's trips to the past?
(a) That he will change the present.
(b) That he's not really going to the past.
(c) That it costs too much money.
(d) That he might find his parents.
4. How does Katie help Si with his job training?
(a) She makes him is favorite meal.
(b) She talks to him on the phone.
(c) She quizes him.
(d) She doesn't help him.
5. While Si is in training at the Dakota which two people come to visit him?
(a) Ruben and the Dakota manager.
(b) Ruben and Danziger.
(c) Ruben and May.
(d) Katie and May.
6. After one of their dates, what does Katie tell Si?
(a) That she was adopted.
(b) That she wants to marry him.
(c) That she was related to Grover Cleveland.
(d) That she wants to travel through time too.
7. Oscar Rossoff believes Si is:
(a) An ideal candidate for mayor.
(b) An ideal candidate for the job.
(c) Someone he wants to be friends with.
(d) Not the right person for the job.
8. When Si sees Katie again, after he's traveled into the past, what is she disappointed about?
(a) That he still doesn't know who mailed Carmody's letter.
(b) That he didn't bring her a present.
(c) The food at the restaurant he took her to.
(d) The explanation of where he's been.
9. Why did Si not tell the scientists that Katie traveled with him into the past?
(a) He wanted to tell Danziger privately.
(b) He wanted to ask Katie if it was okay first.
(c) He wanted to tell Ruben first.
(d) He decided not to tell anybody.
10. What was so mysterious about the note Andrew Carmody left his family?
(a) It was written on the back of a letter.
(b) It was written on the President's stationery.
(c) It was written on a piece of newspaper.
(d) It was written on a sticky note.
11. Who does Si and Katie see mail Carmody's letter?
(a) A husky man with a dog.
(b) A tall, bald man.
(c) A man wearing a hat and boots.
(d) A tall, husky man with a beard.
12. During his training with Dr. Rossoff, what does Si do?
(a) Calls Katie.
(b) Eats dinner.
(c) Goes for a walk in 1882.
(d) Goes for a walk in 1982.
13. What connection does the letter have with President Cleveland?
(a) The man who sent the letter knew the President.
(b) President Cleveland wrote the letter.
(c) It was mailed to Carmody who worked for the President.
(d) It was mailed to the White House.
14. While Si is making dinner during his last few days at the Dakota, who surprises him with a visit?
(b) Dr. Rossoff.
15. After Ruben and Si finish talking about Katie at the end of Chapter 11, where does Ruben take Si?
(a) Out to dinner.
(b) To the Dakota.
(c) Into the past.
(d) To the agency's warehouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ruben work for?
2. In Chapter 5, what letter does Katie show Si?
3. While preparing for their trip to the past, what post-hypnotic suggestion do Si and Katie give themselves?
4. What snaps Si out of his hypnotic state?
5. What unusual marking was on Andrew Carmody's grave?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)