|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Dakota used as a time portal?
(a) Because it is newly painted.
(b) Because the owner likes to travel in time.
(c) Because it hasn't changed.
(d) Because it has an empty apartment.
2. Why does Si stop looking out the windows at the Dakota?
(a) The passing cars are too noisy.
(b) He imagines he's in the future.
(c) He doesn't like the view.
(d) His imagining is interrupted by passing cars.
3. The agency won't let __________ help Si with his second trip to the past.
(c) Dr. Rossoff.
4. After Ruben and Si finish talking about Katie at the end of Chapter 11, where does Ruben take Si?
(a) To the agency's warehouse.
(b) To the Dakota.
(c) Into the past.
(d) Out to dinner.
5. During a walk in the snow, what does Si see a couple in a sleigh doing?
(a) Holding hands.
(d) He doesn't see a sleigh.
6. What does Si look at that makes him excited about traveling to the past?
(b) Old cars.
7. How are Si's visitors dressed when they arrive at the Dakota during his training?
(a) In spacesuits.
(b) In their normal clothes.
(c) In period costume.
(d) In shorts and t-shirts.
8. What does Danziger tell Si the agency's motivation for time travel is?
(a) To change the past.
(b) To prove it can be done.
(c) To see how people lived a long time ago.
(d) To stop someone from being born.
9. The morning after Si's walk in the snow, what has mysteriously vanished?
(a) Si's car.
(b) Si's memories of the day before.
(c) Carmody's letter.
(d) Si's footprints and the sleigh's tracks.
10. When Si finds the address Ruben gave him, what does the place look like?
(a) A storage building.
(b) A front for a secret government agency.
(c) An office supply store.
(d) A moving company.
11. Before he begins his job training, Si tells Danziger he wants to go back in time for what reason?
(a) To see what Carmody looked like.
(b) To find out who mailed the letter to Carmody.
(c) To find out who his parents were.
(d) To find out who Katie's parents were.
12. In Chapter 5, what letter does Katie show Si?
(a) A mysterious letter from a secret government agency.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A letter from Si's mother.
(d) A mysterious letter sent to Andrew Carmody.
13. Who is Katie Mancuso?
(a) Si's secretary.
(b) Si's girlfriend.
(c) Ruben's secretary.
(d) Si's wife.
14. What is the theme of Chapter 6?
(a) The theory of time travel.
(b) Si's job training.
(c) Looking at old photographs.
(d) How Danziger's parents met.
15. What does Danziger hope will happen if Si sees Danziger's parents?
(a) That he can take their picture.
(b) That he can sketch the way they looked.
(c) That his parents don't recognize Si.
(d) That Si doesn't get too upset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proves that Si did indeed travel back in time?
2. What do the psychological tests reveal about Si?
3. Before accepting the job, what request does Si make of Ruben?
4. What is the relationship of Katie Mancuso and Andrew Carmody?
5. What does Si tell his boss In Chapter 2?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)