|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Esterhazy?
(a) Ruben's best friend.
(b) A man who works with Danziger.
(c) A spy.
(d) Katie's adoptive father.
2. What is the relationship of Katie Mancuso and Andrew Carmody?
(a) He's her adoptive grandfather.
(b) He's her husband from the past.
(c) He's her adoptive uncle.
(d) He's an old friend of her family.
3. Why does Si learn self-hypnosis?
(a) So he can lose weight.
(b) So he can let go of the present.
(c) So he can feel better.
(d) So he's not scared to travel through time.
4. When Si begins training for his assignment, how does he feel?
(c) He can't stop smiling.
(d) He cries.
5. Si admits he enjoys Katie's company, but tells the reader that:
(a) He wants to get to know her better.
(b) He will keep most things about their relationship to himself.
(c) She talks too much.
(d) He wishes she were more exciting.
6. When Si finds the address Ruben gave him, what does the place look like?
(a) A storage building.
(b) A moving company.
(c) A front for a secret government agency.
(d) An office supply store.
7. Where does Si meet with Danziger in Chapter 4?
(a) In the alley behind the agency.
(b) On the street.
(c) In the cafeteria.
(d) In his office.
8. What is special about Si's apartment at the Dakota?
(a) It is clean.
(b) The closet is a perfect place to store a time machine.
(c) Si's parents met there.
(d) No one lived there in the past.
9. What is Si shown to help him relate to people in the past?
(b) Old clothes.
10. What snaps Si out of his hypnotic state?
(a) A phone ringing.
(b) The sound of music.
(d) A familiar voice or cue word.
11. Who is the book's narrator?
(a) Simon Morley.
(b) Katie Mancuso.
(c) Jack Finney.
(d) Ruben Prien.
12. After Rossoff leaves the Dakota, what does Si see in a museum window?
(b) The silhouette of a cleaning woman.
(c) A statue.
(d) The silhouette of an artist.
13. Where does Simon work?
(a) The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(b) A television station.
(c) An advertising agency.
(d) A university.
14. How does Si feel after looking at a collection of old photographs in an antique store?
(a) That they are just snapshots of life not being truly lived.
(b) That his life is more exciting than the ones in the photos.
(c) That he'd like to get to know the people in them.
(d) That he wishes everyone owned a digital camera.
15. What does the government agency director tell Si?
(a) He can't tell anyone about time travel.
(b) He can't work for the agency.
(c) He is in for an experience he will never forget.
(d) He is making a huge mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruben tell Si about his third trip to the past?
2. What property of Si's does the agency purchase?
3. When Chapter 7 begins, where/when is Si?
4. What is the setting of the play that Si watches at the agency?
5. During lunch with Danziger at the agency, who are the other two people Si notices eating lunch?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)