|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Rossoff leaves the Dakota, what does Si see in a museum window?
(a) The silhouette of an artist.
(b) A statue.
(c) The silhouette of a cleaning woman.
2. When Chapter 7 begins, where/when is Si?
(a) In the Dakota, in the present.
(b) In the park, in the past.
(c) In the Dakota, in the past.
(d) Near the Statue of Liberty, in the present.
3. While Si is in training at the Dakota which two people come to visit him?
(a) Katie and May.
(b) Ruben and Danziger.
(c) Ruben and the Dakota manager.
(d) Ruben and May.
4. Who is Katie Mancuso?
(a) Si's secretary.
(b) Si's girlfriend.
(c) Ruben's secretary.
(d) Si's wife.
5. What do the psychological tests reveal about Si?
(a) He often makes wrong decisions.
(b) He's susceptible to hypothyroidism.
(c) He's susceptible to hypnotism.
(d) He may catch colds and flu brought on by time travel.
6. What does the government agency director tell Si?
(a) He can't tell anyone about time travel.
(b) He is in for an experience he will never forget.
(c) He is making a huge mistake.
(d) He can't work for the agency.
7. Who does Esterhazy say is in control of the agency's time travel project?
8. Who is the book's narrator?
(a) Simon Morley.
(b) Katie Mancuso.
(c) Jack Finney.
(d) Ruben Prien.
9. How does Si feel after looking at a collection of old photographs in an antique store?
(a) That he wishes everyone owned a digital camera.
(b) That he'd like to get to know the people in them.
(c) That they are just snapshots of life not being truly lived.
(d) That his life is more exciting than the ones in the photos.
10. What instrument does May play?
(a) The piano.
(b) The organ.
(c) The harp.
(d) The drums.
11. Oscar Rossoff believes Si is:
(a) An ideal candidate for mayor.
(b) Not the right person for the job.
(c) An ideal candidate for the job.
(d) Someone he wants to be friends with.
12. Why does Ruben apologize to Si in the warehouse?
(a) Because the place is a mess.
(b) He thinks he offended Si.
(c) Because Si doesn't like Ruben.
(d) Ruben believes he's confusing Si.
13. In the beginning of Chapter 3, where does Ruben take Si?
(a) On a tour of the agency.
(b) Out to dinner.
(c) Into the past to meet a friend.
14. Who conducts the psychological tests on Si?
(a) Oscar Rossoff.
(b) Ruben Prien.
(c) Martin Lastvogel.
(d) Andrew Carmody.
15. Why does Si think about accepting Ruben's job offer?
(a) He'd like to take a break from work.
(b) He wants to make more money.
(c) He believes his life is boring.
(d) He wants to get away from his girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the theme of Chapter 6?
2. What mark does the letter-mailer's boot leave in the snow?
3. During a walk in the snow, what does Si see a couple in a sleigh doing?
4. What is Si's favorite street in New York City?
5. What concerns does the board of directors have about Si's trips to the past?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)