|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the government agency director tell Si?
(a) He can't tell anyone about time travel.
(b) He can't work for the agency.
(c) He is making a huge mistake.
(d) He is in for an experience he will never forget.
2. Why does Si fit the agency's profile?
(a) He is adventurous.
(b) He likes to travel.
(c) He has brown hair.
(d) He is quiet and lonely.
3. In the beginning of Chapter 3, where does Ruben take Si?
(a) On a tour of the agency.
(b) Into the past to meet a friend.
(d) Out to dinner.
4. Who has to give permission before Danziger can send Si back in time?
(b) H.G. Wells.
(c) The President of the United States.
(d) The board of directors.
5. Where does the funding for the time travel project come from?
(a) The scientists.
(b) The post office.
(c) The government.
6. The agency won't let __________ help Si with his second trip to the past.
(d) Dr. Rossoff.
7. When Si sees Katie again, after he's traveled into the past, what is she disappointed about?
(a) The food at the restaurant he took her to.
(b) That he didn't bring her a present.
(c) The explanation of where he's been.
(d) That he still doesn't know who mailed Carmody's letter.
8. Where does Si wait while the board of directors discusses his second trip into the past?
(b) At his apartment.
(c) In the cafeteria.
(d) In Ruben's office.
9. How did Si and Katie meet?
(a) In the grocery store.
(b) At the mall.
(c) When Si went into her antique store.
(d) Friends introduced them.
10. What makes it easier for Si to imagine himself in the past?
(b) A thunderstorm.
(d) A heavy snowfall.
11. What mark does the letter-mailer's boot leave in the snow?
(a) The size of the boot.
(b) The postmark that's on the letter.
(c) The same mark that's on Carmody's tombstone.
(d) The agency's logo.
12. What does Danziger hope will happen if Si sees Danziger's parents?
(a) That his parents don't recognize Si.
(b) That Si doesn't get too upset.
(c) That he can sketch the way they looked.
(d) That he can take their picture.
13. What does Si notice about cab drivers in the past and the present?
(a) They were more polite in the past.
(b) They haven't changed.
(c) They charge more now.
(d) They used to drive closer to the sidewalk.
14. During a walk in the snow, what does Si see a couple in a sleigh doing?
(c) Holding hands.
(d) He doesn't see a sleigh.
15. What does Si need to learn about the year 1882?
(a) How the mail system worked.
(b) The language, history, and manners.
(c) How the people traveled.
(d) Who was President of the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the psychological tests reveal about Si?
2. After Si travels back in time, what do the scientists conclude about his mental health?
3. Si and Katie discuss what while on the bus in 1882?
4. What was so mysterious about the note Andrew Carmody left his family?
5. How does Ruben know that Katie went with Si into the past?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)