|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of the play that Si watches at the agency?
(a) A castle in England.
(b) A small-town street in the Midwestern U.S.
(c) A small street in New York.
(d) A space station in the future.
2. After one of their dates, what does Katie tell Si?
(a) That she was adopted.
(b) That she wants to marry him.
(c) That she wants to travel through time too.
(d) That she was related to Grover Cleveland.
3. What is the theme of Chapter 6?
(a) Si's job training.
(b) The theory of time travel.
(c) Looking at old photographs.
(d) How Danziger's parents met.
4. When Si begins training for his assignment, how does he feel?
(a) He cries.
(b) He can't stop smiling.
5. When Si first visits the Dakota in the past, what does he do there?
(a) Takes a room key.
(b) Meets other time travelers.
(c) Wonders how he got there.
(d) Takes pictures.
6. Why does Katie want to travel back in time?
(a) Because Carmody's letter belongs to her.
(b) Because it sounds like fun.
(c) Because she's curious.
(d) Because she collects antiques.
7. What mark does the letter-mailer's boot leave in the snow?
(a) The same mark that's on Carmody's tombstone.
(b) The agency's logo.
(c) The size of the boot.
(d) The postmark that's on the letter.
8. Why does Dr. Rossoff come to see Si at the Dakota?
(a) To talk him out of time travel.
(b) To take his blood pressure.
(c) To hypnotize him.
(d) To see if he's okay.
9. Who does Esterhazy say is in control of the agency's time travel project?
10. How did Andrew Carmody die?
(a) He died of pneumonia.
(b) He shot himself.
(c) He was shot in a robbery.
(d) He was in a car accident.
11. Who is Esterhazy?
(a) Katie's adoptive father.
(b) A spy.
(c) Ruben's best friend.
(d) A man who works with Danziger.
12. Si is both _______________ and _______________ by Ruben's job offer.
(a) Bored, disgusted.
(b) Excited, flattered.
(c) Distracted, put out.
(d) Suspicious, intrigued.
13. Who does Si and Katie see mail Carmody's letter?
(a) A husky man with a dog.
(b) A tall, bald man.
(c) A man wearing a hat and boots.
(d) A tall, husky man with a beard.
14. Who is the government agency director?
15. During lunch with Danziger at the agency, who are the other two people Si notices eating lunch?
(a) The young man who was learning to use old weapons and his girlfriend.
(b) The girl dancing the Charleston and the young man who was learning to use old weapons.
(c) The young man who was learning to use old weapons and an actress.
(d) The girl dancing the Charleston and Ruben.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Ruben and Si finish talking about Katie at the end of Chapter 11, where does Ruben take Si?
2. What snaps Si out of his hypnotic state?
3. Si and Katie discuss what while on the bus in 1882?
4. What year does Si live in?
5. Why does Si learn self-hypnosis?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)