|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their lunch meeting, whose theory about time does Danziger explain to Si?
(a) Stephen Hawking's.
(b) Galileo Galilei's.
(c) Michel Nostradamus's.
(d) Albert Einstein's.
2. What does Ruben tell Si about his third trip to the past?
(a) That he can't ride the bus.
(b) That Katie can't come with him.
(c) That he needs to stay away from the post office.
(d) That he can't go.
3. What is the setting of the play that Si watches at the agency?
(a) A castle in England.
(b) A space station in the future.
(c) A small street in New York.
(d) A small-town street in the Midwestern U.S.
4. What property of Si's does the agency purchase?
(a) His apartment.
(b) The house he grew up in.
(c) The right to use his name to promote time travel.
(d) A painting.
5. Where does Si wait while the board of directors discusses his second trip into the past?
(b) In the cafeteria.
(c) At his apartment.
(d) In Ruben's office.
6. After offering him a job, what does Ruben ask Si?
(a) If he can search his apartment.
(b) If he can take him to dinner.
(c) If he can give him a polygraph test.
(d) If he can see his birth certificate.
7. What does Danziger hope will happen if Si sees Danziger's parents?
(a) That his parents don't recognize Si.
(b) That he can sketch the way they looked.
(c) That he can take their picture.
(d) That Si doesn't get too upset.
8. How does Katie help Si with his job training?
(a) She talks to him on the phone.
(b) She makes him is favorite meal.
(c) She doesn't help him.
(d) She quizes him.
9. In Chapter 5, what letter does Katie show Si?
(a) A mysterious letter sent to Andrew Carmody.
(b) A love letter.
(c) A letter from Si's mother.
(d) A mysterious letter from a secret government agency.
10. What makes it easier for Si to imagine himself in the past?
(a) A heavy snowfall.
(d) A thunderstorm.
11. When Ruben and Si finish their lunch, Ruben is convinced that:
(a) Si has already decided to take the job.
(b) He'll have to talk Si into taking the job.
(c) He doesn't like eating outdoors.
(d) Si is not the right person for the job.
12. Where does the funding for the time travel project come from?
(b) The government.
(c) The post office.
(d) The scientists.
13. What unusual marking was on Andrew Carmody's grave?
(a) A crescent moon.
(b) His family crest.
(c) A star in a circle.
(d) His birthdate was incorrect.
14. Why does Si learn self-hypnosis?
(a) So he can lose weight.
(b) So he can let go of the present.
(c) So he can feel better.
(d) So he's not scared to travel through time.
15. While preparing for their trip to the past, what post-hypnotic suggestion do Si and Katie give themselves?
(a) To take a walk in the snow.
(b) To see who mailed the letter and to not interfere.
(c) To take a bus to the post office.
(d) To find out when the letter was mailed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Si's visitors dressed when they arrive at the Dakota during his training?
2. When Si sees Katie again, after he's traveled into the past, what is she disappointed about?
3. Before accepting the job, what request does Si make of Ruben?
4. What did Andrew Carmody do for a living?
5. On his initial visit, what does Si see inside the agency's warehouse?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)