|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was so mysterious about the note Andrew Carmody left his family?
(a) It was written on a piece of newspaper.
(b) It was written on a sticky note.
(c) It was written on the back of a letter.
(d) It was written on the President's stationery.
2. When Si first visits the Dakota in the past, what does he do there?
(a) Takes pictures.
(b) Wonders how he got there.
(c) Takes a room key.
(d) Meets other time travelers.
3. What year does Si live in?
4. Why does Katie want to travel back in time?
(a) Because she collects antiques.
(b) Because she's curious.
(c) Because Carmody's letter belongs to her.
(d) Because it sounds like fun.
5. How are Si's visitors dressed when they arrive at the Dakota during his training?
(a) In their normal clothes.
(b) In period costume.
(c) In shorts and t-shirts.
(d) In spacesuits.
6. When Si begins training for his assignment, how does he feel?
(b) He cries.
(c) He can't stop smiling.
7. Why does Si fit the agency's profile?
(a) He likes to travel.
(b) He is adventurous.
(c) He is quiet and lonely.
(d) He has brown hair.
8. Si is both _______________ and _______________ by Ruben's job offer.
(a) Excited, flattered.
(b) Distracted, put out.
(c) Bored, disgusted.
(d) Suspicious, intrigued.
9. What concerns does the board of directors have about Si's trips to the past?
(a) That he's not really going to the past.
(b) That he will change the present.
(c) That he might find his parents.
(d) That it costs too much money.
10. Si admits he enjoys Katie's company, but tells the reader that:
(a) He wants to get to know her better.
(b) He wishes she were more exciting.
(c) She talks too much.
(d) He will keep most things about their relationship to himself.
11. Why does Dr. Rossoff come to see Si at the Dakota?
(a) To see if he's okay.
(b) To take his blood pressure.
(c) To hypnotize him.
(d) To talk him out of time travel.
12. While talking with Ruben and Danziger in Danziger's office, what pledge does Si make to Danziger?
(a) That he will find out who Danziger's parents are.
(b) His loyalty.
(c) That he won't go into the past again.
(d) That he'll donate his paycheck to charity.
13. During lunch with Danziger at the agency, who are the other two people Si notices eating lunch?
(a) The young man who was learning to use old weapons and an actress.
(b) The young man who was learning to use old weapons and his girlfriend.
(c) The girl dancing the Charleston and Ruben.
(d) The girl dancing the Charleston and the young man who was learning to use old weapons.
14. After Ruben and Si finish talking about Katie at the end of Chapter 11, where does Ruben take Si?
(a) Into the past.
(b) Out to dinner.
(c) To the agency's warehouse.
(d) To the Dakota.
15. When Si finds the address Ruben gave him, what does the place look like?
(a) An office supply store.
(b) A storage building.
(c) A front for a secret government agency.
(d) A moving company.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Dakota used as a time portal?
2. What connection is there between Carmody's letter and Danziger's parents?
3. Who does Esterhazy say is in control of the agency's time travel project?
4. When Ruben and Si finish their lunch, Ruben is convinced that:
5. What does Ruben tell Si about his third trip to the past?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)