|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the book's narrator?
(a) Ruben Prien.
(b) Katie Mancuso.
(c) Simon Morley.
(d) Jack Finney.
2. What does Si notice about cab drivers in the past and the present?
(a) They haven't changed.
(b) They were more polite in the past.
(c) They charge more now.
(d) They used to drive closer to the sidewalk.
3. Before he begins his job training, Si tells Danziger he wants to go back in time for what reason?
(a) To find out who his parents were.
(b) To find out who Katie's parents were.
(c) To find out who mailed the letter to Carmody.
(d) To see what Carmody looked like.
4. The agency won't let __________ help Si with his second trip to the past.
(b) Dr. Rossoff.
5. While Si is in training at the Dakota which two people come to visit him?
(a) Ruben and the Dakota manager.
(b) Ruben and Danziger.
(c) Ruben and May.
(d) Katie and May.
6. During lunch with Danziger at the agency, who are the other two people Si notices eating lunch?
(a) The young man who was learning to use old weapons and his girlfriend.
(b) The girl dancing the Charleston and the young man who was learning to use old weapons.
(c) The girl dancing the Charleston and Ruben.
(d) The young man who was learning to use old weapons and an actress.
7. What snaps Si out of his hypnotic state?
(a) A familiar voice or cue word.
(c) The sound of music.
(d) A phone ringing.
8. Si and Katie discuss what while on the bus in 1882?
(a) How they feel about each other.
(b) The color of the bus.
(c) How the buildings have changed.
(d) How bad the traffic is.
9. What proves that Si did indeed travel back in time?
(a) He took pictures of old buildings.
(b) He saw a couple in a sleigh.
(c) He saw snow.
(d) He saw the museum window.
10. Si is both _______________ and _______________ by Ruben's job offer.
(a) Excited, flattered.
(b) Bored, disgusted.
(c) Distracted, put out.
(d) Suspicious, intrigued.
11. Who does Esterhazy say is in control of the agency's time travel project?
12. What unusual marking was on Andrew Carmody's grave?
(a) A crescent moon.
(b) A star in a circle.
(c) His family crest.
(d) His birthdate was incorrect.
13. What does Danziger hope will happen if Si sees Danziger's parents?
(a) That his parents don't recognize Si.
(b) That he can sketch the way they looked.
(c) That Si doesn't get too upset.
(d) That he can take their picture.
14. How does Katie help Si with his job training?
(a) She doesn't help him.
(b) She talks to him on the phone.
(c) She makes him is favorite meal.
(d) She quizes him.
15. What is the relationship of Katie Mancuso and Andrew Carmody?
(a) He's her husband from the past.
(b) He's her adoptive grandfather.
(c) He's an old friend of her family.
(d) He's her adoptive uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What property of Si's does the agency purchase?
2. After offering him a job, what does Ruben ask Si?
3. What is special about Si's apartment at the Dakota?
4. While preparing for their trip to the past, what post-hypnotic suggestion do Si and Katie give themselves?
5. Why does Ruben Prien want to eat lunch with Si outside?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)