|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who conducts the psychological tests on Si?
(a) Andrew Carmody.
(b) Martin Lastvogel.
(c) Ruben Prien.
(d) Oscar Rossoff.
2. When Chapter 7 begins, where/when is Si?
(a) Near the Statue of Liberty, in the present.
(b) In the Dakota, in the past.
(c) In the park, in the past.
(d) In the Dakota, in the present.
3. What is Si shown to help him relate to people in the past?
(a) Old clothes.
4. During their lunch meeting, whose theory about time does Danziger explain to Si?
(a) Albert Einstein's.
(b) Stephen Hawking's.
(c) Galileo Galilei's.
(d) Michel Nostradamus's.
5. In Chapter 5, what letter does Katie show Si?
(a) A letter from Si's mother.
(b) A mysterious letter from a secret government agency.
(c) A love letter.
(d) A mysterious letter sent to Andrew Carmody.
6. After Ruben and Si finish talking about Katie at the end of Chapter 11, where does Ruben take Si?
(a) To the Dakota.
(b) Into the past.
(c) Out to dinner.
(d) To the agency's warehouse.
7. Who has to give permission before Danziger can send Si back in time?
(a) The board of directors.
(b) The President of the United States.
(c) H.G. Wells.
8. While preparing for their trip to the past, what post-hypnotic suggestion do Si and Katie give themselves?
(a) To find out when the letter was mailed.
(b) To take a bus to the post office.
(c) To take a walk in the snow.
(d) To see who mailed the letter and to not interfere.
9. While Si is in training at the Dakota which two people come to visit him?
(a) Ruben and the Dakota manager.
(b) Katie and May.
(c) Ruben and May.
(d) Ruben and Danziger.
10. Why does Dr. Rossoff come to see Si at the Dakota?
(a) To see if he's okay.
(b) To take his blood pressure.
(c) To talk him out of time travel.
(d) To hypnotize him.
11. Where does the funding for the time travel project come from?
(a) The scientists.
(b) The post office.
(c) The government.
12. How does Ruben know that Katie went with Si into the past?
(a) Si is being watched.
(b) Danziger told him.
(c) Katie told him.
(d) Si told him.
13. When Ruben and Si finish their lunch, Ruben is convinced that:
(a) Si has already decided to take the job.
(b) He doesn't like eating outdoors.
(c) He'll have to talk Si into taking the job.
(d) Si is not the right person for the job.
14. Why does Ruben Prien want to eat lunch with Si outside?
(a) He doesn't like the color of Si's office.
(b) He wants to work on his tan.
(c) It is a nice day.
(d) So they can't be overheard.
15. What proves that Si did indeed travel back in time?
(a) He saw the museum window.
(b) He saw snow.
(c) He saw a couple in a sleigh.
(d) He took pictures of old buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Si's favorite street in New York City?
2. Why does Si learn self-hypnosis?
3. What does Si need to learn about the year 1882?
4. Why did Si not tell the scientists that Katie traveled with him into the past?
5. What did Andrew Carmody do for a living?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)