|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While preparing for their trip to the past, what post-hypnotic suggestion do Si and Katie give themselves?
(a) To take a walk in the snow.
(b) To see who mailed the letter and to not interfere.
(c) To take a bus to the post office.
(d) To find out when the letter was mailed.
2. Where does Si meet with Danziger in Chapter 4?
(a) In the alley behind the agency.
(b) On the street.
(c) In his office.
(d) In the cafeteria.
3. Why does Ruben Prien want to eat lunch with Si outside?
(a) He doesn't like the color of Si's office.
(b) So they can't be overheard.
(c) It is a nice day.
(d) He wants to work on his tan.
4. What does Ruben tell Si about his third trip to the past?
(a) That he can't ride the bus.
(b) That he needs to stay away from the post office.
(c) That he can't go.
(d) That Katie can't come with him.
5. While Si is in training at the Dakota which two people come to visit him?
(a) Katie and May.
(b) Ruben and Danziger.
(c) Ruben and May.
(d) Ruben and the Dakota manager.
6. Who is Katie Mancuso?
(a) Ruben's secretary.
(b) Si's wife.
(c) Si's secretary.
(d) Si's girlfriend.
7. On his initial visit, what does Si see inside the agency's warehouse?
(a) Antiques from the past.
(b) People traveling through time.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) Several stages and theater sets.
8. What mark does the letter-mailer's boot leave in the snow?
(a) The same mark that's on Carmody's tombstone.
(b) The agency's logo.
(c) The postmark that's on the letter.
(d) The size of the boot.
9. Why does Si think about accepting Ruben's job offer?
(a) He'd like to take a break from work.
(b) He wants to make more money.
(c) He wants to get away from his girlfriend.
(d) He believes his life is boring.
10. What is the theme of Chapter 6?
(a) The theory of time travel.
(b) Si's job training.
(c) How Danziger's parents met.
(d) Looking at old photographs.
11. What connection is there between Carmody's letter and Danziger's parents?
(a) Danziger's dad mailed the letter.
(b) His parents wrote the letter.
(c) His parents met around the time the letter was mailed.
(d) Danziger's parents worked for the post office.
12. Why does Ruben apologize to Si in the warehouse?
(a) Ruben believes he's confusing Si.
(b) He thinks he offended Si.
(c) Because Si doesn't like Ruben.
(d) Because the place is a mess.
13. What proves that Si did indeed travel back in time?
(a) He saw snow.
(b) He took pictures of old buildings.
(c) He saw a couple in a sleigh.
(d) He saw the museum window.
14. How does Si change his appearance before he travels back in time?
(a) He dies his hair gray.
(b) He puts on make-up.
(c) He shaves.
(d) He grows his hair and a beard.
15. What did Andrew Carmody do for a living?
(a) He was a minor official in Grover Cleveland's administration.
(b) He was a guard at the White House.
(c) He drove Grover Cleveland's car.
(d) He was president of the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Danziger assigns Si to go to San Francisco, where does Si ask to go instead?
2. How did Andrew Carmody die?
3. Why does Katie want to travel back in time?
4. While talking with Ruben and Danziger in Danziger's office, what pledge does Si make to Danziger?
5. When Si visits the agency, what does he see people in the classrooms there doing?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)