|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Si and Katie meet?
(a) Friends introduced them.
(b) At the mall.
(c) When Si went into her antique store.
(d) In the grocery store.
2. After Ruben and Si finish talking about Katie at the end of Chapter 11, where does Ruben take Si?
(a) To the agency's warehouse.
(b) To the Dakota.
(c) Into the past.
(d) Out to dinner.
3. What do the psychological tests reveal about Si?
(a) He's susceptible to hypothyroidism.
(b) He's susceptible to hypnotism.
(c) He may catch colds and flu brought on by time travel.
(d) He often makes wrong decisions.
4. When Si first visits the Dakota in the past, what does he do there?
(a) Meets other time travelers.
(b) Takes pictures.
(c) Wonders how he got there.
(d) Takes a room key.
5. Where does the funding for the time travel project come from?
(b) The post office.
(c) The scientists.
(d) The government.
6. Si admits he enjoys Katie's company, but tells the reader that:
(a) He wishes she were more exciting.
(b) She talks too much.
(c) He will keep most things about their relationship to himself.
(d) He wants to get to know her better.
7. Who does Si and Katie see mail Carmody's letter?
(a) A husky man with a dog.
(b) A man wearing a hat and boots.
(c) A tall, bald man.
(d) A tall, husky man with a beard.
8. What snaps Si out of his hypnotic state?
(b) The sound of music.
(c) A familiar voice or cue word.
(d) A phone ringing.
9. While Si is making dinner during his last few days at the Dakota, who surprises him with a visit?
(d) Dr. Rossoff.
10. Why does Katie want to travel back in time?
(a) Because she's curious.
(b) Because she collects antiques.
(c) Because it sounds like fun.
(d) Because Carmody's letter belongs to her.
11. Why does Si learn self-hypnosis?
(a) So he can let go of the present.
(b) So he's not scared to travel through time.
(c) So he can lose weight.
(d) So he can feel better.
12. What did Andrew Carmody do for a living?
(a) He was president of the United States.
(b) He drove Grover Cleveland's car.
(c) He was a minor official in Grover Cleveland's administration.
(d) He was a guard at the White House.
13. What does Si need to learn about the year 1882?
(a) How the people traveled.
(b) Who was President of the United States.
(c) How the mail system worked.
(d) The language, history, and manners.
14. When Si finishes his training at the agency where is he taken?
(a) To the Dakota.
(b) To the Statue of Liberty.
(c) To the post office.
(d) To the laboratory.
15. In Chapter 5, what letter does Katie show Si?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A letter from Si's mother.
(c) A mysterious letter sent to Andrew Carmody.
(d) A mysterious letter from a secret government agency.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Si fit the agency's profile?
2. During his training with Dr. Rossoff, what does Si do?
3. Si and Katie discuss what while on the bus in 1882?
4. When Si begins training for his assignment, how does he feel?
5. When Si finds the address Ruben gave him, what does the place look like?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)