|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruben tell Si about his third trip to the past?
(a) That he can't go.
(b) That Katie can't come with him.
(c) That he can't ride the bus.
(d) That he needs to stay away from the post office.
2. Si and Katie discuss what while on the bus in 1882?
(a) How they feel about each other.
(b) How bad the traffic is.
(c) How the buildings have changed.
(d) The color of the bus.
3. Who is the book's narrator?
(a) Ruben Prien.
(b) Katie Mancuso.
(c) Simon Morley.
(d) Jack Finney.
4. Why does Si think about accepting Ruben's job offer?
(a) He wants to make more money.
(b) He wants to get away from his girlfriend.
(c) He'd like to take a break from work.
(d) He believes his life is boring.
5. How did Andrew Carmody die?
(a) He was in a car accident.
(b) He was shot in a robbery.
(c) He shot himself.
(d) He died of pneumonia.
6. What year does Si live in?
7. Before accepting the job, what request does Si make of Ruben?
(a) That Si can contact his past relatives.
(b) That Si can tell Katie the truth.
(c) That Si can call his parents.
(d) That he get a big office.
8. What is the relationship of Katie Mancuso and Andrew Carmody?
(a) He's her adoptive uncle.
(b) He's her adoptive grandfather.
(c) He's her husband from the past.
(d) He's an old friend of her family.
9. After Si travels back in time, what do the scientists conclude about his mental health?
(a) He needs therapy.
(b) He's fine.
(c) He shouldn't risk traveling again.
(d) He needs a vacation.
10. What unusual marking was on Andrew Carmody's grave?
(a) His birthdate was incorrect.
(b) A star in a circle.
(c) A crescent moon.
(d) His family crest.
11. Why is the Dakota used as a time portal?
(a) Because it hasn't changed.
(b) Because it has an empty apartment.
(c) Because the owner likes to travel in time.
(d) Because it is newly painted.
12. What is the setting of the play that Si watches at the agency?
(a) A small street in New York.
(b) A castle in England.
(c) A small-town street in the Midwestern U.S.
(d) A space station in the future.
13. How does Si feel after looking at a collection of old photographs in an antique store?
(a) That he'd like to get to know the people in them.
(b) That his life is more exciting than the ones in the photos.
(c) That they are just snapshots of life not being truly lived.
(d) That he wishes everyone owned a digital camera.
14. After one of their dates, what does Katie tell Si?
(a) That she wants to marry him.
(b) That she wants to travel through time too.
(c) That she was adopted.
(d) That she was related to Grover Cleveland.
15. The agency won't let __________ help Si with his second trip to the past.
(b) Dr. Rossoff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What property of Si's does the agency purchase?
2. What snaps Si out of his hypnotic state?
3. While Si is making dinner during his last few days at the Dakota, who surprises him with a visit?
4. What does Si notice about cab drivers in the past and the present?
5. Why does Si stop looking out the windows at the Dakota?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)