|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Si wait while the board of directors discusses his second trip into the past?
(a) At his apartment.
(b) In the cafeteria.
(c) In Ruben's office.
2. During his training with Dr. Rossoff, what does Si do?
(a) Goes for a walk in 1982.
(b) Eats dinner.
(c) Calls Katie.
(d) Goes for a walk in 1882.
3. What is the setting of the play that Si watches at the agency?
(a) A small-town street in the Midwestern U.S.
(b) A small street in New York.
(c) A castle in England.
(d) A space station in the future.
4. Why is the Dakota used as a time portal?
(a) Because it hasn't changed.
(b) Because it has an empty apartment.
(c) Because it is newly painted.
(d) Because the owner likes to travel in time.
5. After Ruben and Si finish talking about Katie at the end of Chapter 11, where does Ruben take Si?
(a) Into the past.
(b) To the agency's warehouse.
(c) Out to dinner.
(d) To the Dakota.
6. In Chapter 5, what letter does Katie show Si?
(a) A mysterious letter sent to Andrew Carmody.
(b) A letter from Si's mother.
(c) A love letter.
(d) A mysterious letter from a secret government agency.
7. Si and Katie discuss what while on the bus in 1882?
(a) How the buildings have changed.
(b) How they feel about each other.
(c) The color of the bus.
(d) How bad the traffic is.
8. How does Katie help Si with his job training?
(a) She quizes him.
(b) She doesn't help him.
(c) She makes him is favorite meal.
(d) She talks to him on the phone.
9. What is Si's assignment for his third trip to the past?
(a) To find his parents.
(b) To observe the man who mailed the letter.
(c) To follow the postal carrier who delivers the letter.
(d) To find the agency's building.
10. After offering him a job, what does Ruben ask Si?
(a) If he can give him a polygraph test.
(b) If he can see his birth certificate.
(c) If he can take him to dinner.
(d) If he can search his apartment.
11. Before he begins his job training, Si tells Danziger he wants to go back in time for what reason?
(a) To see what Carmody looked like.
(b) To find out who Katie's parents were.
(c) To find out who mailed the letter to Carmody.
(d) To find out who his parents were.
12. Who does Ruben work for?
(a) A science lab.
(b) The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(c) A secret government agency.
(d) The press.
13. Why does Si fit the agency's profile?
(a) He has brown hair.
(b) He likes to travel.
(c) He is quiet and lonely.
(d) He is adventurous.
14. What does Danziger hope will happen if Si sees Danziger's parents?
(a) That Si doesn't get too upset.
(b) That he can take their picture.
(c) That he can sketch the way they looked.
(d) That his parents don't recognize Si.
15. What proves that Si did indeed travel back in time?
(a) He saw snow.
(b) He took pictures of old buildings.
(c) He saw a couple in a sleigh.
(d) He saw the museum window.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Si and Katie meet?
2. Who is Katie Mancuso?
3. Why does Si learn self-hypnosis?
4. The agency won't let __________ help Si with his second trip to the past.
5. What is the theme of Chapter 6?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)