|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the book's narrator?
(a) Simon Morley.
(b) Ruben Prien.
(c) Katie Mancuso.
(d) Jack Finney.
2. What connection does the letter have with President Cleveland?
(a) President Cleveland wrote the letter.
(b) It was mailed to the White House.
(c) The man who sent the letter knew the President.
(d) It was mailed to Carmody who worked for the President.
3. What is the theme of Chapter 6?
(a) Si's job training.
(b) How Danziger's parents met.
(c) The theory of time travel.
(d) Looking at old photographs.
4. How does Ruben know that Katie went with Si into the past?
(a) Si told him.
(b) Danziger told him.
(c) Katie told him.
(d) Si is being watched.
5. Where does Si meet with Danziger in Chapter 4?
(a) In the cafeteria.
(b) In the alley behind the agency.
(c) In his office.
(d) On the street.
6. Who does Ruben work for?
(a) A science lab.
(b) The Federal Bureau of Investigation.
(c) The press.
(d) A secret government agency.
7. On his initial visit, what does Si see inside the agency's warehouse?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) Antiques from the past.
(c) People traveling through time.
(d) Several stages and theater sets.
8. Si is both _______________ and _______________ by Ruben's job offer.
(a) Distracted, put out.
(b) Suspicious, intrigued.
(c) Bored, disgusted.
(d) Excited, flattered.
9. Why does Dr. Rossoff come to see Si at the Dakota?
(a) To see if he's okay.
(b) To hypnotize him.
(c) To talk him out of time travel.
(d) To take his blood pressure.
10. Before he begins his job training, Si tells Danziger he wants to go back in time for what reason?
(a) To find out who his parents were.
(b) To find out who Katie's parents were.
(c) To find out who mailed the letter to Carmody.
(d) To see what Carmody looked like.
11. After Rossoff leaves the Dakota, what does Si see in a museum window?
(a) The silhouette of an artist.
(b) The silhouette of a cleaning woman.
(c) A statue.
12. What year does Si live in?
13. After Ruben and Si finish talking about Katie at the end of Chapter 11, where does Ruben take Si?
(a) Out to dinner.
(b) To the Dakota.
(c) Into the past.
(d) To the agency's warehouse.
14. Why is the Dakota used as a time portal?
(a) Because it is newly painted.
(b) Because it has an empty apartment.
(c) Because it hasn't changed.
(d) Because the owner likes to travel in time.
15. The morning after Si's walk in the snow, what has mysteriously vanished?
(a) Si's memories of the day before.
(b) Si's footprints and the sleigh's tracks.
(c) Carmody's letter.
(d) Si's car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the government agency director tell Si?
2. Why did Si not tell the scientists that Katie traveled with him into the past?
3. What instrument does May play?
4. When Si sees Katie again, after he's traveled into the past, what is she disappointed about?
5. What makes it easier for Si to imagine himself in the past?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)