|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Si is both _______________ and _______________ by Ruben's job offer.
(a) Bored, disgusted.
(b) Excited, flattered.
(c) Suspicious, intrigued.
(d) Distracted, put out.
2. What was so mysterious about the note Andrew Carmody left his family?
(a) It was written on the President's stationery.
(b) It was written on a piece of newspaper.
(c) It was written on a sticky note.
(d) It was written on the back of a letter.
3. Si and Katie discuss what while on the bus in 1882?
(a) How they feel about each other.
(b) The color of the bus.
(c) How the buildings have changed.
(d) How bad the traffic is.
4. When Si visits the agency, what does he see people in the classrooms there doing?
(a) Learning to speak Spanish and how to calculate Roman numerals.
(b) Learning about time travel theory.
(c) Learning how to operate the time travel machine.
(d) Learning the Charleston, Medieval French, and how to fight with old weapons.
5. What kind of job does Ruben offer Si?
(a) Traveling through time.
(b) Exploring another dimension.
(c) Investigating a crime.
(d) Traveling to Europe.
6. How did Si and Katie meet?
(a) When Si went into her antique store.
(b) Friends introduced them.
(c) At the mall.
(d) In the grocery store.
7. When Si finishes his training at the agency where is he taken?
(a) To the Statue of Liberty.
(b) To the laboratory.
(c) To the Dakota.
(d) To the post office.
8. When Chapter 8 opens, who is going over the details of Si's experience in the past?
(a) Ruben, May, and Katie.
(b) Ruben, Rossoff, and Lastvogel.
(c) Si, Ruben, and Katie.
(d) Ruben, Rossoff, and Danziger.
9. When Ruben and Si finish their lunch, Ruben is convinced that:
(a) Si is not the right person for the job.
(b) He'll have to talk Si into taking the job.
(c) Si has already decided to take the job.
(d) He doesn't like eating outdoors.
10. What does Si tell his boss In Chapter 2?
(a) He's quitting his job.
(b) He's going to take a second job.
(c) He needs a vacation.
(d) He wants a raise.
11. How does Si change his appearance before he travels back in time?
(a) He shaves.
(b) He dies his hair gray.
(c) He grows his hair and a beard.
(d) He puts on make-up.
12. What unusual marking was on Andrew Carmody's grave?
(a) His birthdate was incorrect.
(b) His family crest.
(c) A star in a circle.
(d) A crescent moon.
13. After one of their dates, what does Katie tell Si?
(a) That she was adopted.
(b) That she was related to Grover Cleveland.
(c) That she wants to travel through time too.
(d) That she wants to marry him.
14. Why does Si stop looking out the windows at the Dakota?
(a) He doesn't like the view.
(b) He imagines he's in the future.
(c) The passing cars are too noisy.
(d) His imagining is interrupted by passing cars.
15. While preparing for their trip to the past, what post-hypnotic suggestion do Si and Katie give themselves?
(a) To find out when the letter was mailed.
(b) To take a walk in the snow.
(c) To see who mailed the letter and to not interfere.
(d) To take a bus to the post office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of the play that Si watches at the agency?
2. During a walk in the snow, what does Si see a couple in a sleigh doing?
3. When Si begins training for his assignment, how does he feel?
4. What instrument does May play?
5. What is special about Si's apartment at the Dakota?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)