|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What property of Si's does the agency purchase?
(a) The right to use his name to promote time travel.
(b) His apartment.
(c) The house he grew up in.
(d) A painting.
2. What does Si look at that makes him excited about traveling to the past?
(d) Old cars.
3. During a walk in the snow, what does Si see a couple in a sleigh doing?
(a) Holding hands.
(c) He doesn't see a sleigh.
4. What does Si notice about cab drivers in the past and the present?
(a) They charge more now.
(b) They haven't changed.
(c) They used to drive closer to the sidewalk.
(d) They were more polite in the past.
5. Who is the government agency director?
6. How did Andrew Carmody die?
(a) He died of pneumonia.
(b) He shot himself.
(c) He was shot in a robbery.
(d) He was in a car accident.
7. While preparing for their trip to the past, what post-hypnotic suggestion do Si and Katie give themselves?
(a) To take a bus to the post office.
(b) To see who mailed the letter and to not interfere.
(c) To find out when the letter was mailed.
(d) To take a walk in the snow.
8. What is special about Si's apartment at the Dakota?
(a) No one lived there in the past.
(b) It is clean.
(c) The closet is a perfect place to store a time machine.
(d) Si's parents met there.
9. Why does Ruben apologize to Si in the warehouse?
(a) He thinks he offended Si.
(b) Because Si doesn't like Ruben.
(c) Ruben believes he's confusing Si.
(d) Because the place is a mess.
10. During his training with Dr. Rossoff, what does Si do?
(a) Calls Katie.
(b) Eats dinner.
(c) Goes for a walk in 1882.
(d) Goes for a walk in 1982.
11. Why does Si stop looking out the windows at the Dakota?
(a) He imagines he's in the future.
(b) He doesn't like the view.
(c) His imagining is interrupted by passing cars.
(d) The passing cars are too noisy.
12. Who is Esterhazy?
(a) A spy.
(b) Ruben's best friend.
(c) Katie's adoptive father.
(d) A man who works with Danziger.
13. What was so mysterious about the note Andrew Carmody left his family?
(a) It was written on the President's stationery.
(b) It was written on a sticky note.
(c) It was written on a piece of newspaper.
(d) It was written on the back of a letter.
14. What does Danziger tell Si the agency's motivation for time travel is?
(a) To stop someone from being born.
(b) To see how people lived a long time ago.
(c) To change the past.
(d) To prove it can be done.
15. What does the government agency director tell Si?
(a) He can't tell anyone about time travel.
(b) He is in for an experience he will never forget.
(c) He is making a huge mistake.
(d) He can't work for the agency.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Si's assignment for his third trip to the past?
2. What unusual marking was on Andrew Carmody's grave?
3. What connection does the letter have with President Cleveland?
4. What connection is there between Carmody's letter and Danziger's parents?
5. When Ruben and Si finish their lunch, Ruben is convinced that:
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)