|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Si begins training for his assignment, how does he feel?
(a) He can't stop smiling.
(d) He cries.
2. Who conducts the psychological tests on Si?
(a) Oscar Rossoff.
(b) Martin Lastvogel.
(c) Ruben Prien.
(d) Andrew Carmody.
3. What is Si's assignment for his third trip to the past?
(a) To follow the postal carrier who delivers the letter.
(b) To observe the man who mailed the letter.
(c) To find his parents.
(d) To find the agency's building.
4. What is special about Si's apartment at the Dakota?
(a) Si's parents met there.
(b) It is clean.
(c) The closet is a perfect place to store a time machine.
(d) No one lived there in the past.
5. After offering him a job, what does Ruben ask Si?
(a) If he can search his apartment.
(b) If he can take him to dinner.
(c) If he can see his birth certificate.
(d) If he can give him a polygraph test.
6. What is the relationship of Katie Mancuso and Andrew Carmody?
(a) He's her adoptive grandfather.
(b) He's her adoptive uncle.
(c) He's her husband from the past.
(d) He's an old friend of her family.
7. After Ruben and Si finish talking about Katie at the end of Chapter 11, where does Ruben take Si?
(a) Out to dinner.
(b) Into the past.
(c) To the Dakota.
(d) To the agency's warehouse.
8. During his training with Dr. Rossoff, what does Si do?
(a) Goes for a walk in 1982.
(b) Eats dinner.
(c) Calls Katie.
(d) Goes for a walk in 1882.
9. Where does Si meet with Danziger in Chapter 4?
(a) In the alley behind the agency.
(b) In his office.
(c) On the street.
(d) In the cafeteria.
10. What connection does the letter have with President Cleveland?
(a) It was mailed to the White House.
(b) It was mailed to Carmody who worked for the President.
(c) President Cleveland wrote the letter.
(d) The man who sent the letter knew the President.
11. How does Si change his appearance before he travels back in time?
(a) He dies his hair gray.
(b) He puts on make-up.
(c) He shaves.
(d) He grows his hair and a beard.
12. What mark does the letter-mailer's boot leave in the snow?
(a) The agency's logo.
(b) The postmark that's on the letter.
(c) The same mark that's on Carmody's tombstone.
(d) The size of the boot.
13. What does Danziger hope will happen if Si sees Danziger's parents?
(a) That he can sketch the way they looked.
(b) That Si doesn't get too upset.
(c) That he can take their picture.
(d) That his parents don't recognize Si.
14. Why did Si not tell the scientists that Katie traveled with him into the past?
(a) He decided not to tell anybody.
(b) He wanted to ask Katie if it was okay first.
(c) He wanted to tell Danziger privately.
(d) He wanted to tell Ruben first.
15. Why does Ruben Prien want to eat lunch with Si outside?
(a) So they can't be overheard.
(b) He doesn't like the color of Si's office.
(c) It is a nice day.
(d) He wants to work on his tan.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Si finishes his training at the agency where is he taken?
2. During lunch with Danziger at the agency, who are the other two people Si notices eating lunch?
3. What kind of job does Ruben offer Si?
4. What instrument does May play?
5. When Si visits the agency, what does he see people in the classrooms there doing?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)