|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Esterhazy say is in control of the agency's time travel project?
2. Who has to give permission before Danziger can send Si back in time?
(a) The President of the United States.
(b) The board of directors.
(d) H.G. Wells.
3. Who is Katie Mancuso?
(a) Si's wife.
(b) Ruben's secretary.
(c) Si's girlfriend.
(d) Si's secretary.
4. Before he begins his job training, Si tells Danziger he wants to go back in time for what reason?
(a) To find out who mailed the letter to Carmody.
(b) To find out who Katie's parents were.
(c) To find out who his parents were.
(d) To see what Carmody looked like.
5. Why does Si learn self-hypnosis?
(a) So he can feel better.
(b) So he's not scared to travel through time.
(c) So he can lose weight.
(d) So he can let go of the present.
6. What proves that Si did indeed travel back in time?
(a) He saw the museum window.
(b) He saw a couple in a sleigh.
(c) He saw snow.
(d) He took pictures of old buildings.
7. What year does Si live in?
8. Who conducts the psychological tests on Si?
(a) Ruben Prien.
(b) Martin Lastvogel.
(c) Andrew Carmody.
(d) Oscar Rossoff.
9. During his training with Dr. Rossoff, what does Si do?
(a) Eats dinner.
(b) Goes for a walk in 1882.
(c) Goes for a walk in 1982.
(d) Calls Katie.
10. Before accepting the job, what request does Si make of Ruben?
(a) That he get a big office.
(b) That Si can call his parents.
(c) That Si can contact his past relatives.
(d) That Si can tell Katie the truth.
11. When Si finishes his training at the agency where is he taken?
(a) To the Dakota.
(b) To the post office.
(c) To the laboratory.
(d) To the Statue of Liberty.
12. After Rossoff leaves the Dakota, what does Si see in a museum window?
(a) The silhouette of an artist.
(b) The silhouette of a cleaning woman.
(c) A statue.
13. Where does Si meet with Danziger in Chapter 4?
(a) On the street.
(b) In the alley behind the agency.
(c) In his office.
(d) In the cafeteria.
14. How does Si break the news to his family and friends that he'll be gone for awhile?
(a) He sends them post cards.
(b) He doesn't tell them.
(c) He asks Katie to tell them.
(d) He calls them on the phone.
15. Who is the book's narrator?
(a) Jack Finney.
(b) Simon Morley.
(c) Ruben Prien.
(d) Katie Mancuso.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what letter does Katie show Si?
2. After offering him a job, what does Ruben ask Si?
3. Why does Si stop looking out the windows at the Dakota?
4. Where does Simon work?
5. During lunch with Danziger at the agency, who are the other two people Si notices eating lunch?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)