|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his first morning at the boarding house, why is Si deliberately late for breakfast?
(a) So he can read the paper.
(b) So he doesn't have to see Aunt Ada.
(c) Because he doesn't like to eat breakfast.
(d) So he can avoid the other tenants.
2. During a walk in the snow, what does Si see a couple in a sleigh doing?
(a) Holding hands.
(d) He doesn't see a sleigh.
3. Why did Si not tell the scientists that Katie traveled with him into the past?
(a) He wanted to ask Katie if it was okay first.
(b) He wanted to tell Ruben first.
(c) He decided not to tell anybody.
(d) He wanted to tell Danziger privately.
4. When Si leaves the boarding house to go into New York, what does he take with him?
(a) His wallet.
(b) A pencil and sketchpad.
(c) A picture of Katie.
(d) A camera.
5. What makes it easier for Si to imagine himself in the past?
(a) A heavy snowfall.
(c) A thunderstorm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Esterhazy?
2. What unusual marking was on Andrew Carmody's grave?
3. Why does Dr. Rossoff come to see Si at the Dakota?
4. After one of their dates, what does Katie tell Si?
5. Oscar Rossoff believes Si is:
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)