|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Psyche serves Orual:
2. Orual believes the Fox is wrong about the gods because . . .
3. What does Psyche believe about the Grey Mountain, even as a child?
4. Orual first believes Redival is the Accursed because. . .
5. Orual describes Bardia's statement that "If a man was blind and she weren't the King's daughter, she'd make him a good wife," as. . .
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Psyche's mention of "He" anger Orual?
2. Describe the reasons Orual is prevented from seeing Pscyhe for a final time at her burial.
3. Why is Orual contemptuous of men?
4. Why is Psyche ashamed to be mortal?
5. What does Orual mean by "And my struggle began," after they pass out of sight of the mountain?
6. What happens to Orual when she hears that Psyche is to be sacrificed?
7. Why does the Fox suggest that Orual needs a dose of hellebore too?
8. What does Psyche's helping Orual across the stream represent?
9. Describe the Fox's personality.
10. Why does Orual focus on the most fearful possibilities for Psyche's death rather than encouraging her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The final sentence of a work is often the point at which the author relinquishes his theme to the reader. Consider the conclusion of Till We Have Faces and write an essay in which you explicate Lewis' intent based on how he ends his book. What does he want his readers to consider?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following thematic elements, and discuss why you think it is the most important in the text:
1) Logic vs. Faith
2) Ugliness vs. Beauty
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the idea of faith through any one character in the text. Following that character's journey, find examples to prove how that person moves toward or away from faith throughout the story.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)