|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For the first time, Orual feels what emotion behind her veil?
2. Why does Orual resist the "tyrannically" strong urge to re-cross the river and forgive Psyche?
(a) Her hatred for Psyche prevents her.
(b) Gram will not let her re-cross the river.
(c) Her pride and anger keep her from doing it.
(d) She cannot find Psyche.
3. Even though the King is not home to catch her, Orual slinks back into the palace because. . .
(a) she feels guilty for her actions.
(b) she is hiding from the gods.
(c) she is hiding from the King.
(d) she wants to surprise the Fox.
4. The first truth Orual learns she has misunderstood is. . .
(a) how she hurt Redival by loving the Fox and Psyche.
(b) how she rejected the Fox and Redival when Psyche came.
(c) how she and Batta used to be best friends.
(d) how the gods used to love and care for her.
5. Orual "punishes" the Fox for what "sin?"
(a) He grew ill when she needed protection from the King.
(b) He refused to help her with Psyche.
(c) He needed to go to sleep when she needed counsel.
(d) He left her alone when she was afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Orual shuts the windows against the chains' weeping sound, she is symbolically. . .
2. After the god's voice prevents her from committing suicide, it tells her she must. . .
3. Orual blames Bardia's illness on. . .
4. In the old priest's story of Psyche, the goddess is finally. . .
5. When Orual learns of Batta's behavior toward other slaves, she. . .
Short Essay Questions
1. In this chapter, what is the source of conflict between Orual and Psyche?
2. How does Orual react to the death of Bardia?
3. What test does Orual propose of Psyche?
4. What is the subject of Orual's book? Why has she written it?
5. How does Bardia hurt Orual's feelings?
6. How does Orual feel about the ceremony of the House of Ungit?
7. Describe the battle between Orual and Argan.
8. How does Orual's battle with ugliness come to an end?
9. What does Ansit confess to Orual regarding Bardia?
10. What does Orual realize about the inability of humans to communicate with the gods?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)