|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Psyche's refusal to leave the Mountain arises chiefly from what reason?
(a) She is angry at Orual.
(b) She is mad and unable to make rational decisions.
(c) She is too proud to take orders from Orual anymore.
(d) She must obey her husband, and stay in her new home?
2. Why does Psyche believe men behave in an evil way?
(a) They are to be pitied.
(b) They do not know what is good from what is bad.
(c) They are all evil at heart.
(d) They are basically good, but choose to do bad for fun.
3. Istra's Greek name is
4. Which of the following is not a way in which Glome suffered?
(a) The river dried and the fish died.
(b) Lions came and ate all the sheep.
(c) The cattle and bees died.
(d) Plagues of locusts came.
5. What does Psyche say that unintentionally wounds Orual?
(a) Psyche tells Orual she is not faithful enough to understand the situation.
(b) Psyche tells Orual she is too tired to discuss the situation.
(c) Psyche tells there is something bad coming toward them.
(d) Psyche tells Orual she looks just like their father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the Fox not downcast about being a slave?
2. What does the King do when Orual offers to sacrifice herself in place of Psyche?
3. What thoughts does Orual repress when resolving to save Psyche?
4. For what reason does Orual delay her trip to the Mountain to bury Psyche?
5. What news does the King deliver to his daughters and the Fox while they are studying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of the Priest's visit?
2. What does Orual mean by "And my struggle began," after they pass out of sight of the mountain?
3. Why do Orual and the Fox sense misfortune for Psyche?
4. Why does Bardia eventually allow Orual into Psyche's room?
5. Why does Psyche's mention of "He" anger Orual?
6. What is Orual's biggest struggle in chapter 11?
7. Why is Bardia the guard at Psyche's door?
8. How are people's attitudes changing toward Psyche?
9. What "deaths" does Psyche list for Orual as a part of a mortal life?
10. How do Orual and the Fox end up "babysitting" Redival?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)