|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orual mean by the "reek of holiness" that has overtaken the palace?
(a) She means that Ungit's stone had been placed in her house.
(b) She means that the sacrifice had already taken place.
(c) She means that she now believes in the truth of Ungit.
(d) She means that the false and superstitious rituals of the sacrifice had begun.
2. How does Orual attempt to overcome Bardia?
(a) She fights him with a sword.
(b) She threatens to turn him over to the King.
(c) She brings slaves to help her.
(d) She begs him until he relents.
3. Why does Psyche believe men behave in an evil way?
(a) They do not know what is good from what is bad.
(b) They are all evil at heart.
(c) They are to be pitied.
(d) They are basically good, but choose to do bad for fun.
4. When Psyche learns that Orual cannot see her palace at all, she expresses. . .
(a) superiority and arrogance.
(b) delight and satisfaction.
(c) anger and regret.
(d) sadness and pity.
5. Why is Redival crying over the sacrifice of Psyche?
(a) She fears they will sacrifice her too.
(b) She is afraid Orual will hang her by her thumbs.
(c) She is afraid of Ungit.
(d) She is afraid for Psyche.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents Orual from following Psyche up the Mountain?
2. Who stands guard before Psyche's room?
3. When Psyche suggests her god might be able to make Orual see and understand her situation, how does Orual respond?
4. When Orual sees her father through her Stepmother's eyes, she believes that his appearance will not. . .
5. What surprises Orual when she first sees her Stepmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. The Fox has taught Orual and Psyche to believe what about the people they will encounter daily?
2. Describe the reasons Orual is prevented from seeing Pscyhe for a final time at her burial.
3. What reasons does the Fox have for wanting to commit suicide?
4. What happens to Orual when she hears that Psyche is to be sacrificed?
5. Ultimately, why is Psyche happy to be sacrificed to the god of Grey Mountain?
6. What are the King's reasons for sacrificing Psyche?
7. How are people's attitudes changing toward Psyche?
8. What is Orual's growing fear throughout the chapter?
9. Why does Psyche's mention of "He" anger Orual?
10. What "deaths" does Psyche list for Orual as a part of a mortal life?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)