|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The gods cannot answer Orual's charge against them. Why?
(a) They have no answer.
(b) The gods refuse to acknowledge her.
(c) The answer is already before her.
(d) Humans cannot understand the answer.
2. Orual identifies which turn of events as "the subtlety of the god who is against us"?
(a) Pysche's inability to heal the Fox and her responsibilty for others' deaths
(b) Psyche's marriage to Tarin and eventual rebellion
(d) Redival's revenge and the citizens' support for her
3. Which of the following is not a way in which Glome suffered?
(a) Lions came and ate all the sheep.
(b) Plagues of locusts came.
(c) The river dried and the fish died.
(d) The cattle and bees died.
4. What does Redival want in exchange for her secrecy about Psyche's worship by the people?
(a) To worship at the house of Ungit
(b) Her mother's necklace and a king for a husband
(c) Freedom from the kingdom and Pysche's loyalty
(d) Her own home and to marry Tarin
5. While Redival professes to grieve for the King and celebrate Orual's succession, she is primarily concerned that. . .
(a) Orual should share the throne with her.
(b) Orual should appoint her an advisor.
(c) Orual should find her a good husband.
(d) Orual should allow her to leave Glome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Orual's successor as ruler of Glome will be:
2. Orual believes the Fox is wrong about the gods because . . .
3. When Psyche learns that Orual cannot see her palace at all, she expresses. . .
4. What prevents Orual from following Psyche up the Mountain?
5. What news does the messenger bring to the Pillar Room?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)