|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Orual sees her father through her Stepmother's eyes, she believes that his appearance will not. . .
(a) show his love the girl.
(b) show how wealthy his kingdom is.
(c) quiet the girl's fear.
(d) make her uncomfortable.
2. Psyche's anger comes chiefly from the fact that. . .
(a) Orual has told her the Fox and Bardia agree that her lover is not a god.
(b) Orual has suggested her lover is a madman or outlaw.
(c) Orual has used Psyche's love for her to manipulate the situation.
(d) Orual has harmed herself.
3. Why is the KIng not moved by the Fox's story of a Greek king who killed his daughter, and was then punished by the gods?
(a) He thinks the gods would never punish a king.
(b) He thinks he has no one to murder him as the Greek king was murdered.
(c) He has no daughters.
(d) He thinks the Fox invented the story.
4. After the battle, Orual is angry that Bardia says "The day's work is over" because it implies what?
(a) He only wants to be with his wife.
(b) He believes she did not act like a lady.
(c) Bardia's time with her is only duty to him.
(d) She is working him too hard.
5. In the old priest's story of Psyche, the goddess is finally. . .
(a) reunited with her sisters when she forgives them.
(b) veiled in Spring and Summer.
(c) cast off the earth by the god's mother.
(d) reunited with her god when his mother releases her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Redival crying over the sacrifice of Psyche?
2. What promise does Psyche extract from Orual?
3. Orual's successor as ruler of Glome will be:
4. Which of the following is a reason why the narrator does not fear the gods will punish her for writing her book?
5. Why is the Fox not downcast about being a slave?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)