|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The fact that Orual does not see the beauty in the journey the second time suggests what?
(a) Psyche's god will not allow her to see it.
(b) The place has changed since she visited first.
(c) Psyche's god has disguised the Mountain.
(d) She is not open to its beauty as she was before.
2. On their return home, Bardia expresses what opinion on the subject of Psyche's lover?
(a) He believes it is invisible.
(b) He believes Psyche is mad and has no lover.
(c) He believes it hides out of fear of being caught by others.
(d) He believes it hides itself because it is ugly and fearful.
3. What frightens Orual most about the Priest of Ungit?
(a) The slaughtering of sacrificial beasts he performed
(b) The mating rituals he performed at the wedding
(c) The fearful masks he wore in the temple
(d) The holiness of his temple-smell
4. Who recognizes Orual's grief and offers her an outlet through training at swords?
(a) The King
(b) The Fox
5. What thought is unexpectedly bothering Orual?
(a) She is bothered by the Fox's refusal to go up the Mountain.
(b) She is bothered by fear for her own safety.
(c) She is bothered by the fear that the King will catch her.
(d) She is bothered by thoughts of Bardia's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Redival feel she will no longer attract men's attention on her walks to the temple?
2. Why does Psyche predict Orual will be able to return to her soon?
3. Orual feels an urgency to escape the Mountain. Why?
4. What effect does the King's accident have on Orual?
5. Why does Psyche believe men behave in an evil way?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)