|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The King does not believe Orual loves Psyche because. . .
(a) Psyche is Redival's daughter.
(b) Redival is Psyche's daughter.
(c) Psyche is Orual's step-daughter.
(d) Orual and Psyche are only half-sisters.
2. Psyche's anger comes chiefly from the fact that. . .
(a) Orual has suggested her lover is a madman or outlaw.
(b) Orual has harmed herself.
(c) Orual has used Psyche's love for her to manipulate the situation.
(d) Orual has told her the Fox and Bardia agree that her lover is not a god.
3. What has changed about the King since he beat Orual in chapter 5?
(a) He has left the kingdom.
(b) He is more determined to punish the Priest.
(c) He is gentler and ashamed.
(d) He is more cruel than before.
4. Why is the KIng not moved by the Fox's story of a Greek king who killed his daughter, and was then punished by the gods?
(a) He thinks the Fox invented the story.
(b) He thinks the gods would never punish a king.
(c) He thinks he has no one to murder him as the Greek king was murdered.
(d) He has no daughters.
5. Orual believes the Fox is wrong about the gods because . . .
(a) he thought too well of the world.
(b) he is angry at the gods.
(c) he did not have the whole truth.
(d) he only believes in Greek gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. For the first time, Orual feels what emotion behind her veil?
2. The god "changes the past" by suggesting what?
3. Orual's veil represents her. . .
4. Where do Orual, Psyche, and the Fox spend most of their time?
5. Why does Psyche believe men behave in an evil way?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)