|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bardia suggests they sleep back to back to ward off the cold, Orual. . .
(a) refuses and returns to Glome.
(c) is insulted that Bardia thinks she is ugly.
(d) gets angry.
2. The color gray Lewis uses to describe the mist, the palace, and everything around it suggests what?
(a) Psyche's world is without color or happiness.
(b) The palace is evil and foreboding.
(c) It is all a delusion.
(d) It may be there or may not be; it is neither black or white.
3. What sacrifice does the Priest say Ungit demands?
(a) They must kill the Brute.
(b) They must make an offering of bulls and rams.
(c) They must kill the men of Essur.
(d) They must kill the Accursed in an offering.
4. What is Redival caught doing at the beginning of chapter 3?
(a) Gossipping with Batta
(b) Kissing a soldier
(c) Stealing grain for the poor
(d) Running away
5. For what reason does Orual delay her trip to the Mountain to bury Psyche?
(a) Her fear that Psyche is dead will be confirmed.
(b) She has no one to accompany her.
(c) She wants to wait for better weather.
(d) Her life will be meaningless after the burial.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Fox's decree that Justice, Equality, the Soul, musical note, things behind our backs, and things too far away to be seen suggests that he is ruled by . . .
2. Why does Orual resist the "tyrannically" strong urge to re-cross the river and forgive Psyche?
3. Why has the Fox been allowed such freedom with the King's daughters?
4. What were the "knocks of the hammer" that destroyed Orual's happiness with the Fox and Psyche?
5. In what way are Redival and Batta alike?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)