|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The story the old priest relays implies that
(a) The sisters had no clear signs from the gods.
(b) Orual knew that Psyche's husband was a god, but destroyed her happiness out of jealousy.
(c) Psyche was jealous of her sisters.
(d) Orual could not guess the answer to the gods' riddle and so was destroyed.
2. Whose voices does Orual hear crying out at the end of chapter 9?
(a) Bardia's and her own.
(b) Bardia's and the Shadowbrute's.
(c) Bardia's and Psyche's.
(d) Bardia's and the King's.
3. What name have the people begun to call Psyche?
(a) The Accursed
(b) The Accuser
(c) The Goddess
(d) The Accused
4. Why does Orual learn not to fear her Stepmother?
(a) Her Stepmother is pregant.
(b) Her Stepmother gives birth to a long-awaited prince.
(c) Her Stepmother is homesick but loving.
(d) Her Stepmother is always with Redival.
5. Orual believes the Fox is wrong about the gods because . . .
(a) he is angry at the gods.
(b) he only believes in Greek gods.
(c) he thought too well of the world.
(d) he did not have the whole truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the "knocks of the hammer" that destroyed Orual's happiness with the Fox and Psyche?
2. Before the King can banish the Fox to the mines, what event intercedes?
3. What is Orual's plan to avoid war with Phars and still defeat Argan?
4. Trying to make Psyche see reason, Orual begins to. . .
5. Who recognizes Orual's grief and offers her an outlet through training at swords?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)