|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ironic about Psyche's treatment of Orual when she sees Orual's bruises?
(a) She does not want Orual to visit her.
(b) She is as cruel as the King.
(c) She begins to comfort Orual as though Orual were the victim.
(d) She insists that Orual take her place in the sacrifice.
2. The color gray Lewis uses to describe the mist, the palace, and everything around it suggests what?
(a) The palace is evil and foreboding.
(b) It may be there or may not be; it is neither black or white.
(c) It is all a delusion.
(d) Psyche's world is without color or happiness.
3. Psyche believes the Fox is wrong about the gods because. . .
(a) he is too religious.
(b) he is angry at the gods.
(c) he doesn't have the whole truth.
(d) he only believes in Greek gods.
4. Orual's comparison of the Priest to a vulture foreshadows
(a) A death
(b) A plague of birds
(c) A war
(d) A battle with the king
5. Why has Redival become suddenly pious?
(a) She wants to call down Ungit's wrath on all of Glome.
(b) She is jealous of Psyche and wants Ungit to take revenge.
(c) She is jealous of Orual and wants Ungit to let her rule Glome.
(d) She wants to protect Psyche from Ungit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orual feel guilty for thinking of while she waits for Psyche to expose her god?
2. Orual blames Bardia's illness on. . .
3. What thought is unexpectedly bothering Orual?
4. To what does the Fox attribute the fact that the dangers and plagues disappeared from Glome when Psyche was sacrificed?
5. The gods cannot answer Orual's charge against them. Why?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)