|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Orual wins the battle because
(a) Argan's people do not believe in him.
(b) Argan is overconfident and makes mistakes.
(c) Trunia has given Orual the secrets to defeating Argan.
(d) Argan does not know how to fight like the people of Glome.
2. The Fox's decree that Justice, Equality, the Soul, musical note, things behind our backs, and things too far away to be seen suggests that he is ruled by . . .
(c) religious beliefs.
3. When Bardia insists that Orual should not fight in her mask, she . .
(a) insists on wearing a helmet made of silver.
(b) insists that the veil is the most efficient way to fight.
(c) agrees to fight barefaced.
(d) exchanges it for a mask made of fine cloth that could not be seen through.
4. What promise does Psyche extract from Orual?
(a) Orual will avenge Psyche's murder.
(b) Orual will not do anything drastic or outrageous.
(c) Orual will murder the King.
(d) Orual will never think of Psyche again.
5. Why does the Fox not believe a god would take Psyche for his bride?
(a) The universe, or Divine Nature, still wants revenge for Psyche's blasphemy.
(b) The universe, or Divine Nature, does not have human inclinations.
(c) Gods and humans detest each other.
(d) The Divine Nature would forbid it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Psyche call Orual that she learned from the Fox?
2. Orual accuses Psyche of becoming cruel like the gods because. . .
3. The Fox suggests Pscyhe's lover is. . .
4. What emotion does Orual express most when discussing their father, the King?
5. Who does the Queen vow to kill at the end of chapter 19?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)