|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Orual not share her vision with the Fox when she relays the meeting with Psyche?
(a) She knows the Fox has heard the story before.
(b) She knows the Fox would dismiss it and make her feel ashamed.
(c) She knows the Fox would think Psyche had convinced her of the story.
(d) She knows the Fox would demand to see it himself.
2. Orual believes the Fox is wrong about the gods because . . .
(a) he only believes in Greek gods.
(b) he is angry at the gods.
(c) he thought too well of the world.
(d) he did not have the whole truth.
3. Psyche believes the Fox is wrong about the gods because. . .
(a) he is angry at the gods.
(b) he only believes in Greek gods.
(c) he is too religious.
(d) he doesn't have the whole truth.
4. When Orual shuts the windows against the chains' weeping sound, she is symbolically. . .
(a) closing the door on her role as Queen.
(b) refusing to let the world into her room.
(c) wishing for escape from the castle.
(d) denying her love for Psyche.
5. Why does Psyche believe men behave in an evil way?
(a) They are all evil at heart.
(b) They do not know what is good from what is bad.
(c) They are to be pitied.
(d) They are basically good, but choose to do bad for fun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What thoughts does Orual repress when resolving to save Psyche?
2. Psyche believes the gods may not truly be cruel because. . .
3. After the battle, Orual is angry that Bardia says "The day's work is over" because it implies what?
4. What is Psyche's one true fear about the sacrifice on the Mountain?
5. When Bardia insists that Orual should not fight in her mask, she . .
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)