|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Davey nickname Gwen's new boyfriend?
2. What is in the package that Wolf sends to Davey?
3. What is the weekly newspaper called that Davey is in?
4. Where does Davey mail letters to in Chapter 29?
5. Who is the first person in Davey's family to find out about Wolf?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Davey write to Wolf even though she can't send letters to him?
2. What is a theme in Chapter 39?
3. What is Jason's reaction to moving back to Atlantic City?
4. Is Walter's apology sincere after he slaps Davey? Why or why not?
5. How does Davey seek her mother's attention?
6. Why does Davey leave letters for Wolf to find?
7. What causes Davey to finally explode at Walter?
8. Why does Gwen claim to have been avoiding talking to Davey?
9. What is one example of how death has made Davey afraid of everything?
10. How does Davey's concept of Los Alamos change after she is in the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is grief a theme in the story? How does the author achieve a tone that allows grief to be a theme?
Essay Topic 2
Why is it significant that Davey and her father are both dreamers?
Essay Topic 3
How is the American family structure a theme in Tiger Eyes? What can the reader infer about Judy Blume's interpretation of the American family?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)