|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who apologizes to Davey in Chapter 30?
2. After Mr. Ortiz dies, who does Davey unintentionally take her frustration out on?
3. What do Bitsy and Walter invite guests over for on Christmas?
4. What holiday does Davey want to celebrate along with Christmas?
5. What does Davey put in the brown paper bag when she is in Los Alamos?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reaction does Davey have toward her birthday gifts?
2. What message about alcoholism does Judy Blume send to the reader?
3. What is the candle that Davey buys a symbol of?
4. What is one example of how death has made Davey afraid of everything?
5. What causes Davey to finally explode at Walter?
6. What prompts Davey to finally lash out at Walter, Bitsy, and Gwen?
7. How does Davey feel about Gwen dating, and the man she is dating?
8. Why does Davey feel hesitant to trust Miriam?
9. How does Davey's concept of Los Alamos change after she is in the play?
10. What does the last chapter of the story represent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Judy Blume's work is often challenged, and this book is included on a list of books that are frequently challenged. Why do you think this is?
Essay Topic 2
How are Davey and Wolf alike? How are they different? Why do they have such a profound connection?
Essay Topic 3
What sub-plots are present in the story? What role do they play in Davey's story?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)