|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends Davey a Valentine's Day card?
2. Why does Gwen claim she avoided talking to Davey?
3. What does Davey get from Walter and Bitsy for her birthday?
4. What is the name of the woman who is the head of the music department at Davey's school?
5. What does Davey do with the candle representing her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the play that Davey is in a symbol of?
2. Is Walter's apology sincere after he slaps Davey? Why or why not?
3. What is a theme in Chapter 39?
4. How does Davey feel about Gwen working at the lab?
5. What does Davey write to Wolf even though she can't send letters to him?
6. Why does Davey's voice soften when she talks about the details of Adam's death?
7. Why does Davey feel hesitant to trust Miriam?
8. Why does Davey leave letters for Wolf to find?
9. How does the reader know that Jane's drinking has become a problem?
10. What message about alcoholism does Judy Blume send to the reader?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Davey feel close to her father? What activities does she do to feel closer to him?
Essay Topic 2
In Davey's mind, what is the cause of hate? How does she draw her conclusions?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the brown paper bag to Davey? What about the items inside the bag?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)