|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Walter feel about Davey's report card?
2. What does Davey hope that Hugh and Leyana will see in her at the end of the book?
3. What does Davey regret before moving home?
4. What does Davey enjoy the sound of in Chapter 40?
5. What causes Davey to become afraid of everything?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Walter's apology sincere after he slaps Davey? Why or why not?
2. Why does Gwen claim to have been avoiding talking to Davey?
3. How does Davey seek her mother's attention?
4. What prompts Davey to finally lash out at Walter, Bitsy, and Gwen?
5. What is Jason's reaction to moving back to Atlantic City?
6. How does Davey feel about Gwen dating, and the man she is dating?
7. What is one example of how death has made Davey afraid of everything?
8. What does the last chapter of the story represent?
9. How do Walter and Bitsy react to Gwen telling them that she will be moving back to Atlantic City?
10. What causes Davey to finally explode at Walter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Judy Blume's work is often challenged, and this book is included on a list of books that are frequently challenged. Why do you think this is?
Essay Topic 2
How are Davey and Wolf alike? How are they different? Why do they have such a profound connection?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Davey feel close to her father? What activities does she do to feel closer to him?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)