|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family eat for the first night they are in New Mexico?
2. Which character tells Davey that the Spanish boys might be rapists when they are shopping?
3. In Chapter 23, how does Davey respond to being told she cannot learn to do something she wants to do?
4. Who asks many questions?
5. What is the name of Davey's favorite patient at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Davey get angry with Jane after their night out with the boys?
2. What is symbolized by Davey flushing her pills down the toilet on the airplane?
3. How does Davey alienate Jason?
4. What triggers Davey's memories of her father when she has first arrived in New Mexico?
5. In Davey's mind, what is the cause of hate?
6. Why is Gwen a bad example of support for Davey?
7. In Atlantic City, how is Davey deteriorating both physically and emotionally?
8. Describe Davey's relationship with Wolf once they start meeting often at the canyon.
9. How is singing a part of foreshadowing for Davey's progress?
10. What obstacles lie in Davey's path to recovery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are two examples of irony in Tiger Eyes? Why might the author have elected to portray these things ironically?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the brown paper bag to Davey? What about the items inside the bag?
Essay Topic 3
Why is it significant that Davey and her father are both dreamers?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)