|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Davey's brother?
2. For how many days does Davey stop showering after the funeral?
3. Where does Davey put her knife in New Mexico?
4. What time does Jane's mother wake up the girls when Davey spends the night?
5. Who asks many questions?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Gwen a bad example of support for Davey?
2. What different coping mechanisms do Davey and her family utilize?
3. In Davey's mind, what is the cause of hate?
4. There is comic relief in Chapter 24 when Jason makes a joke about the reason he gets out of bed in the morning. Why is this scene significant in the story?
5. How does Atlantic City compare to Santa Fe?
6. Why does Davey lie to Jane about the way her father died?
7. How is imagery used in Chapter 23 to demonstrate Davey's emotional strain?
8. How is singing a part of foreshadowing for Davey's progress?
9. What is Davey afraid of and how does she show it?
10. What triggers Davey's memories of her father when she has first arrived in New Mexico?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the title Tiger Eyes significant to the story?
Essay Topic 2
How is grief a theme in the story? How does the author achieve a tone that allows grief to be a theme?
Essay Topic 3
How does Davey change from the beginning of the story to the end? How does she feel about it? Which of the other characters in the story are dynamic? Which are static, and how?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)